270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
otterlyspicy

How Do You Run a Gubernatorial Campiagn

I've searched high and low in the game and on the forums. The only answer I seem to have uncovered is in campaign editor make sure popular vote is on. I did that. And then selected the region (state) I wanted to play in... but it did nothing. Still a national election. Searching using key words on here hasn't uncovered anything. I'm sure it's a super easy explanation I just missed. Or is it not part of the PI game and is part of the CI game? Sorry if this has already been answered, I just haven't found it anywhere.

2 hours ago, otterlyspicy said:

I've searched high and low in the game and on the forums. The only answer I seem to have uncovered is in campaign editor make sure popular vote is on. I did that. And then selected the region (state) I wanted to play in... but it did nothing. Still a national election. Searching using key words on here hasn't uncovered anything. I'm sure it's a super easy explanation I just missed. Or is it not part of the PI game and is part of the CI game? Sorry if this has already been answered, I just haven't found it anywhere.

You need a completely different map (of the state in question) with completely different political units (usually counties or equivalents are used). That's the first big step.

You need to download Gubernatorial scenarios. Like here: http://campaigns.270soft.com/category/president-infinity/gubernatorial/

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense now... so if I wanted to do Maryland and there's no scenario already created for Maryland... I would have to start from scratch then. Got it. Are there any tutorials on how to make each county have its own data? If not that's cool. I will try to figure it out. 

12 minutes ago, otterlyspicy said:

Thanks for the replies. Makes sense now... so if I wanted to do Maryland and there's no scenario already created for Maryland... I would have to start from scratch then. Got it. Are there any tutorials on how to make each county have its own data? If not that's cool. I will try to figure it out. 

Reagan04 made a maryland scenario 

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Reagan04 made a maryland scenario 

Wasn't that one a Senatorial, not Gubernatorial scenario, if I recall correctly?

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

Wasn't that one a Senatorial, not Gubernatorial scenario, if I recall correctly?

Yes but he can use the data and map.

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Yes but he can use the data and map.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

4 hours ago, otterlyspicy said:

Yes I can help you out, I finished that scenario up to endorsers, I got Anne Arundel and Allegheny County local endorsers and I got State wide endorsers, to be completely honest I really lost interest and without a clamoring to finish the counties I stopped, though I can absolutely finish the endorsers if you'd like me too, I'm sure folks who played it would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes I can help you out, I finished that scenario up to endorsers, I got Anne Arundel and Allegheny County local endorsers and I got State wide endorsers, to be completely honest I really lost interest and without a clamoring to finish the counties I stopped, though I can absolutely finish the endorsers if you'd like me too, I'm sure folks who played it would appreciate it.

Awesome! I'd love that. Is there any way you can provide the link for the one that is public (if it is public) that everyone else is talking about. 

24 minutes ago, otterlyspicy said:

Awesome! I'd love that. Is there any way you can provide the link for the one that is public (if it is public) that everyone else is talking about. 

http://campaigns.270soft.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Maryland-Senate-2016.zip

Here you are sir! If you'd like I can flesh out endorsements further.

51 minutes ago, otterlyspicy said:

Awesome thank you so very much! No need to rush the endorsements. I am going to play around with it as is. This is great, thank you!

Great! Tell me when you are ready for them.