270soft Forum
Wiw

1968 freezes before election night

I've been playing the 1968 scenario straight from the primaries. I've been nominated, got my VP, and got a healthy lead in the polls. Unfortunately the whole game locks up before on election night. It doesn't even get to the results! It just freezes right before! I don't even know what went wrong, it doesn't even have a chance to generate an error report. Now, I may have added an extra candidate to the scenario, but I don't see how that would affect anything. I need help here, I don't want this whole thing to end up as an anti-climax!

Since the 1968 campaign seems to work fine on this end, my guess is this has to do either with your custom campaign, or something specific to a game you are playing. If you send a compressed (zipped) copy of your custom campaign folder, I can attempt to recreate the problem.

@Wiw

My apologies for the delay on this - I had no errors running the campaign from the general election using the latest game engine.

Can you tell me the exact date you get the error? Does it happen consistently after loading the save game?

You know, I've completely forgotten. I don't think it really matters, it just froze as soon as it got to election night.

Ok, so it sounds like an error with something either just before the election (like an event) or election night itself. Please let me know if you have any similar problems when the next update is released.

47 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I don't know when the next update for PI will be. There will be a major update for PMI - UK first, then PI.

When will the next update for CI be, by the way? It's been ages...