270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

Just now, vcczar said:

Tammany Hall for New York State. I'm not sure if you got that one yet.

36 minutes ago, Patine said:

Tammany Hall for New York State. I'm not sure if you got that one yet.

I should have Tammany Hall in every election where it still had influence. I just need to update the campaigning surrogate in them for each election. 

Putting in the endorsers for the 1980 scenario is rather time-consuming, considering how busy I am with work and other projects. If any scenarios from 1984 do not have endorsers in them, then I won't be updating them; therefore, someone else will have to type in all the governors, and senators, and the speaker for me. I think this is fair to ask when you consider I'm doing 90% of the updating myself. I would also appreciate it if someone would take my 1980 file and finish the 1980 endorsers. I will set their values (barnstorming, fundraising, spin), I just need someone to type them all in. If not, I hate to say, that this round of updates will be greatly delayed. I was hoping to begin the "final" round of updates for all scenarios in December. Now, it looks like I won't be done with this round of updates if I have to type in all the endorsers. 

Let me add this: @Patine @JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami 

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

Putting in the endorsers for the 1980 scenario is rather time-consuming, considering how busy I am with work and other projects. If any scenarios from 1984 do not have endorsers in them, then I won't be updating them; therefore, someone else will have to type in all the governors, and senators, and the speaker for me. I think this is fair to ask when you consider I'm doing 90% of the updating myself. I would also appreciate it if someone would take my 1980 file and finish the 1980 endorsers. I will set their values (barnstorming, fundraising, spin), I just need someone to type them all in. If not, I hate to say, that this round of updates will be greatly delayed. I was hoping to begin the "final" round of updates for all scenarios in December. Now, it looks like I won't be done with this round of updates if I have to type in all the endorsers. 

Let me add this: @Patine @JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami 

I still have all of the Governors, and the House and Senate leadership (I don't believe I have all the Senators outright) already from my P4E2008 United States 1996 scenario, the first scenario I had ever started for one of these games, but I'm not certain which candidates they would each lean to supporting in the Primaries (at least in the GOP primaries, as I'm pretty sure so such endorser was inclined to support Lyndon LaRouche, Clinton's only officially active opponent in the 1996 Democratic Primaries).

2 hours ago, Patine said:

I still have all of the Governors, and the House and Senate leadership (I don't believe I have all the Senators outright) already from my P4E2008 United States 1996 scenario, the first scenario I had ever started for one of these games, but I'm not certain which candidates they would each lean to supporting in the Primaries (at least in the GOP primaries, as I'm pretty sure so such endorser was inclined to support Lyndon LaRouche, Clinton's only officially active opponent in the 1996 Democratic Primaries).

I need all the Senators, or it sort of defeats the purpose. I'm a little flabbergasted that the 1980 scenario includes a ton of newspapers, all of the governors (but they can't be surrogates), and only Senate and House leaders (again, not able to be surrogates). Creating all of the missing Senators, and adding surrogates is so tedious as to make me want to end the Historical Elections updates, since I am using the very limited free time I have in my life to try and update these things, I'd rather waste my time creating things that should already exist in the scenario. Added to this, I'm less interested in election after 1944, than I am in elections prior to 1944. In short, I'm not enjoying updating these later scenarios, and I'm doing so because people requested that I do. However, if I can't find anything to help me in this (create the endorsers for 1980 on, wherever they don't exist), then I see no reason why I should be compelled to continue this, as I'm not getting anything out of it. If people want to see these later scenarios updated, then they better be willing to help. 

@vcczar I played through the 1964 update and I found that the popular vote totals were a bit off. I am polling at around 60 million, which was close to what the two candidates combined received that year. I’m not quite sure how it got so high.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎28 at 5:51 PM, vcczar said:

I need all the Senators, or it sort of defeats the purpose. I'm a little flabbergasted that the 1980 scenario includes a ton of newspapers, all of the governors (but they can't be surrogates), and only Senate and House leaders (again, not able to be surrogates). Creating all of the missing Senators, and adding surrogates is so tedious as to make me want to end the Historical Elections updates, since I am using the very limited free time I have in my life to try and update these things, I'd rather waste my time creating things that should already exist in the scenario. Added to this, I'm less interested in election after 1944, than I am in elections prior to 1944. In short, I'm not enjoying updating these later scenarios, and I'm doing so because people requested that I do. However, if I can't find anything to help me in this (create the endorsers for 1980 on, wherever they don't exist), then I see no reason why I should be compelled to continue this, as I'm not getting anything out of it. If people want to see these later scenarios updated, then they better be willing to help. 

I'm unclear as to whether the 1976 scenario you have up is considered more or less complete. You never mention it on this thread.

10 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm unclear as to whether the 1976 scenario you have up is considered more or less complete. You never mention it on this thread.

The 1976 scenario will be released with the 1980 scenario, I think. It is more or less done, since @Take Me to La Riva did so much work on it. 

10 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

@vcczar I played through the 1964 update and I found that the popular vote totals were a bit off. I am polling at around 60 million, which was close to what the two candidates combined received that year. I’m not quite sure how it got so high.

Ah, ok. Thanks for letting me know. I know the reason for this. I'll fix it during the "final" update, which takes place after this current round of updates. 

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

To answer @Presidentinsertname's question on another recent thread, I do have a definite interest in non-US historical, and I have even narrowed the scope of my plans (SIGNIFICANTLY). My current areas of historical scenario coverage include Canada and Canadian Provinces and Territories (and possibly preceding Colonies and the Dominion of Newfoundland), the German, Russian, Ottoman, and Austro-Hungarian and their successor (which, I admit, the latter is a LOT of countries, but given much of that region had large periods in the WW2 and Cold War eras without meaningful, contested elections...), but I will defer on Israeli scenarios (which is, by technical, broad historical definition, an Ottoman successor state) to @NYrepublican, who I just know is chomping at the bit there once he gets his add-on calibrated right to get such elections working. Also, Japan and India (maybe as far back the British Raj elections of 1920-1945 - we'll see), and as lowest priority, but still possible, South Africa (and possibly some of it's predecessor states), Southern Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, Northern Rhodesia/Zambia, Nyasaland/Malawi (and maybe the erstwhile Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland), Uganda, Ghana, maybe Kenya and Ethiopia, and the most recent Gambia election. So, I've trimmed my list greatly from last time (which was probably encompassing 85% or so of contested elections in world history :P ). That's where I stand. Other historical elections are up to others. I am only a mortal man, and I've come to terms with this.

I was hoping to have the 1984 Scenario up to day. But that won't happen. I realized the default 1984 scenario was far from complete. The issues are from 1980, as are the governors. There are no events. The candidates are probably from 1980. So, this election is going to be made, almost from scratch. As I'll be grading another round of papers this weekend, 1984 and 1988 might not come out until the following weekend. 

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I was hoping to have the 1984 Scenario up to day. But that won't happen. I realized the default 1984 scenario was far from complete. The issues are from 1980, as are the governors. There are no events. The candidates are probably from 1980. So, this election is going to be made, almost from scratch. As I'll be grading another round of papers this weekend, 1984 and 1988 might not come out until the following weekend. 

I brought this up with @victorraiders when he first released the scenario, and at least twice thereafter. He kind of shrugged it off and acted as if it weren't a big deal the first time, seemed shocked and in denial, demanding me cite every one of those (many many) issues, and the third time said it would be fixed at some magical, theoretical point in the future. He likes to put out a high quantity of low-quality, incomplete scenarios - he must believe in Stalin's old motto, "quantity has a quality all it's own."

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

I brought this up with @victorraiders when he first released the scenario, and at least twice thereafter. He kind of shrugged it off and acted as if it weren't a big deal the first time, seemed shocked and in denial, demanding me cite every one of those (many many) issues, and the third time said it would be fixed at some magical, theoretical point in the future. He likes to put out a high quantity of low-quality, incomplete scenarios - he must believe in Stalin's old motto, "quantity has a quality all it's own."

As far as I can tell, it's a copy of an earlier, incomplete version of 1980 with only the icon, and the percentages set, and some of the candidates. He was nice enough to add Senators recently when I told him to do so. I just wish the scenario had been at least 50% done when I started working on it. 

13 hours ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75 @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

To answer @Presidentinsertname's question on another recent thread, I do have a definite interest in non-US historical, and I have even narrowed the scope of my plans (SIGNIFICANTLY). My current areas of historical scenario coverage include Canada and Canadian Provinces and Territories (and possibly preceding Colonies and the Dominion of Newfoundland), the German, Russian, Ottoman, and Austro-Hungarian and their successor (which, I admit, the latter is a LOT of countries, but given much of that region had large periods in the WW2 and Cold War eras without meaningful, contested elections...), but I will defer on Israeli scenarios (which is, by technical, broad historical definition, an Ottoman successor state) to @NYrepublican, who I just know is chomping at the bit there once he gets his add-on calibrated right to get such elections working. Also, Japan and India (maybe as far back the British Raj elections of 1920-1945 - we'll see), and as lowest priority, but still possible, South Africa (and possibly some of it's predecessor states), Southern Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, Northern Rhodesia/Zambia, Nyasaland/Malawi (and maybe the erstwhile Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland), Uganda, Ghana, maybe Kenya and Ethiopia, and the most recent Gambia election. So, I've trimmed my list greatly from last time (which was probably encompassing 85% or so of contested elections in world history :P ). That's where I stand. Other historical elections are up to others. I am only a mortal man, and I've come to terms with this.

So, I've stated my interests here (and have hugely narrowed them down from previous lists), and @vcczar has U.S. Presidential elections and, I believe, some pre-Revolutionary American Colonial elections and a few others I can't remember. Does anyone else wish to state fields of interest for historical scenarios to make - not just to play?

I'm definitely interested in Japanese elections. As well as Congressional elections from the US but I'd have to get Congress Infinity before I could create a few scenarios. 

I finished the doing the final touches on the endorsers for 1984, and I totally redid the percentages. I've also added events from Oct through Dec 1984. I need to do the events for 1984, adjust the candidates, perhaps add some candidates, set the issues to 1984 issues, and adjust the candidate platforms, and then I'll have 1984 out. I'm assuming 1988 is much more complete. 

Also the 1984 candidates were mostly missing, as it seems to have been copied from 1980, but with a few accurate additions. I added a bunch of candidates, but I need to put in photos of them, etc.

For Democrats, Ted Kennedy is now the frontrunner (if on), with Gary Hart and Mondale at the 2nd tier. 3rd tier is Jimmy Carter (what-if), George McGovern, Jesse Jackson and John Glenn. A bunch of favorite son type candidates are also included. I'll likely include Joe Biden and some others in the "final" update. 

21 hours ago, Patine said:

So, I've stated my interests here (and have hugely narrowed them down from previous lists), and @vcczar has U.S. Presidential elections and, I believe, some pre-Revolutionary American Colonial elections and a few others I can't remember. Does anyone else wish to state fields of interest for historical scenarios to make - not just to play?

The 1984 elections in Israel were interesting because of the Kach party.

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The 1984 elections in Israel were interesting because of the Kach party.

What was their point of view? The name isn't familiar to me.

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Also the 1984 candidates were mostly missing, as it seems to have been copied from 1980, but with a few accurate additions. I added a bunch of candidates, but I need to put in photos of them, etc.

For Democrats, Ted Kennedy is now the frontrunner (if on), with Gary Hart and Mondale at the 2nd tier. 3rd tier is Jimmy Carter (what-if), George McGovern, Jesse Jackson and John Glenn. A bunch of favorite son type candidates are also included. I'll likely include Joe Biden and some others in the "final" update. 

I'm looking forward to seeing 1984 :)

17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

The party was led by Rabbi Kahane if that tells you anything.

A Judaic Religious Fundamentalist Party (I'm just guessing here)?

22 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is kind of cool. In how many other races that you've done so far has the obvious frontrunner sat out by default? Those might be fun scenarios I'd be very interested in playing