Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

I have a version of 1996, but it's President Forever 2016. I dunno if you can use that or not, though, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

Unfortunately, that won't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vcczar said:

Unfortunately, that won't work. 

I have a 1996 that works, you can find it somewhere on the campaigns website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

I have a 1996 that works, you can find it somewhere on the campaigns website

Here is is

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2014/08/05/united-states-1996-for-pf2016-beta-1-0/

Its for President Forever 2016 but works fine for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

You open it the same way as a .zip, I believe. 

Oh ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now on 1976. These recent scenarios may take a little more time, as I'm noticing that some of the elections after 1976 don't have all of the endorsers, for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm now on 1976. These recent scenarios may take a little more time, as I'm noticing that some of the elections after 1976 don't have all of the endorsers, for example. 

Do you need any more issue icons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Do you need any more issue icons?

I don't think I do. Thanks for those that you did create. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nulla Lex Ink. I think you responded to the 1968 election (VCCZar) version about an error. My guess is that this occurred because I deleted VP's who were already candidates. And some of the candidates had the duplicate politicians as their VPs. When I deleted them, it left a void in the default VP, causing the error. If this is the case, then fix this and reupload 1968 and 1972, when I upload 1976 and 1980. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nulla Lex Ink. Actually, that isn't the issue on my version of 1968. Can you tell me when the error occurred? Did it happen in the primaries, general? Were all the default candidates/parties on? Were any of the what-if candidates on? I'll try to recreate the error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may take me a few days longer on 1980, because the original author did not include any senators, and didn't make it so the governors could actually become surrogates (created endorsers, but not the surrogate part of the endorsement). This will be time consuming, especially since I'm grading major assignments this weekend for work. 

@TheLiberalKitten Do you have Governors, Senators, and the Speaker in your scenario? If you don't it would be very helpful for them to be included before I get to your scenario. I can set how strong they are, if you make sure their names, descriptions, home state, endorser ID (as well as the surrogate ID, name, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It may take me a few days longer on 1980, because the original author did not include any senators, and didn't make it so the governors could actually become surrogates (created endorsers, but not the surrogate part of the endorsement). This will be time consuming, especially since I'm grading major assignments this weekend for work. 

@TheLiberalKitten Do you have Governors, Senators, and the Speaker in your scenario? If you don't it would be very helpful for them to be included before I get to your scenario. I can set how strong they are, if you make sure their names, descriptions, home state, endorser ID (as well as the surrogate ID, name, etc.)

Yes my scenario has the Governors, Senators and Speaker. All of that is done actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Yes my scenario has the Governors, Senators and Speaker. All of that is done actually

Excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Looking forward to what you'll do with the scenario :)

Hopefully, I won't have to do too much to it, and it ends up just being mainly double-checking things. I didn't have do too much to 1968 or 1976 (the latter which will be released with 1980). 1980 would be pretty much ready, but the original creator didn't finish with the endorsers, or was uninterested in really making them. They are kind of tedious to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, sorry for the late response. Been busy here lately. The error I have doesn't even allow me to play the campaign. It just says " " is not a valid integer," regardless of if I start in the primaries or in the general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Hey, sorry for the late response. Been busy here lately. The error I have doesn't even allow me to play the campaign. It just says " " is not a valid integer," regardless of if I start in the primaries or in the general.

@NYrepublican Do you get this on my version of the 1968 scenario? I haven't time to do anything 270Soft related until Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Hey, sorry for the late response. Been busy here lately. The error I have doesn't even allow me to play the campaign. It just says " " is not a valid integer," regardless of if I start in the primaries or in the general.

I had a few moments to test it. I just tried to start a game in the primaries, and I didn't have a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After today, I'll finally have time to get back to editing the scenarios. I hope to finish the 1980 endorsers this weekend, and released this updated election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...