270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

What did you do to fix it? You could just publish your own version of my scenario as an improved version in the campaign section of the website. I really don't think I'll get around to updating the historical election until after the 2020 election or something. I've just got too many things I'm working on. This might change when demographics and voting blocs comes out. I might be inspired to update them at that time. I just don't think I have the patience for tedium (which is most of the updating process involves) when I have a lot of other things going on. It just raises my blood pressure unless I have a completely clear schedule.  

I might be willing to try finishing some of it, but I haven't committed to a PI subscription of yet, and I might just feel tempted to add a bunch of minor, neglected, imperceptible-in-the-polls, miniscule vote-share parties and candidates. :P

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

What did you do to fix it? You could just publish your own version of my scenario as an improved version in the campaign section of the website. I really don't think I'll get around to updating the historical election until after the 2020 election or something. I've just got too many things I'm working on. This might change when demographics and voting blocs comes out. I might be inspired to update them at that time. I just don't think I have the patience for tedium (which is most of the updating process involves) when I have a lot of other things going on. It just raises my blood pressure unless I have a completely clear schedule.  

That's perfectly understandable. Today I was updating the numbers for the 1860 election (I had earlier adjusted them to be more in line with the actual population of then, but that was largely just a guess; today I was using an actual bit of mathematics and I'm proud to say this is probably much more accurate) and I realized it's a very tedious process. I was going to do 1960, and I prolly will later on, but after that I was just kinda "Meh" about it. I've also been working on a Vermont 1998 Senate election and have found myself more than once getting very frustrated about it - For some reason, when I first started this, Tuttle always won the election by an overwhelming amount (We're talking 99% usually), and now after some number adjustments he's always losing it. Plus the GE ends up being more competitive than I'd like.

As for fixing the 1908 election, all I did was I went in under "Regions" and adjusted the state numbers to be closer to reality. The Southern numbers were all spot on, but oddly the rest of the country was also very favorable to Bryan. The map looked more like 1912, with Taft only ahead in Utah and Vermont. Unfortunately, it still isn't quite where I'd like for it to be, seems like the test games earlier today were just a fluke. Sometimes I'll run a simulation game and for whatever reason, Taft still loses in a very lopsided election; a similar issue to my Vermont scenario, actually. I thought I got it working earlier today but the game I just ran had Taft losing every state. But I'll keep trying to work on it.