270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

Update: I should have 1936-1956 up pretty soon. I just need to do one playthrough for each of these. I'll possibly have these up on Sunday at the earliest. 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update: I should have 1936-1956 up pretty soon. I just need to do one playthrough for each of these. I'll possibly have these up on Sunday at the earliest. 

I am really excited to see these soon. :)

Ok, 1936-1948 are up. I haven't gotten to play through 1952 and 1956, yet. But I will sometime soon. In regards to 1960 and 1964, I haven't done any updating of these, so these two scenarios will take me a little longer to update. 

I just added events to 1960. What a scary time for nationalistic Americans. Soviets send two sputniks into space successfully, shoot down two US military spy planes, and they win the Olympics in a landslide, with the US coming in 2nd. 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I just added events to 1960. What a scary time for nationalistic Americans. Soviets send two sputniks into space successfully, shoot down two US military spy planes, and they win the Olympics in a landslide, with the US coming in 2nd. 

And to think it's still statistically possible one of those sputniks might come hurtling down on your house one day. HIGHLY unlikely, but possible...

14 hours ago, Patine said:

And to think it's still statistically possible one of those sputniks might come hurtling down on your house one day. HIGHLY unlikely, but possible...

I should also add that the 1960 events have about 12+ African nations declaring independence, mostly from France. 

I'm now working on 1964 events. If I can get these done today, then I may be able to release 1952-1964 by next Friday. After that, I will slowly offer advice on scenarios made for later elections. If changes aren't made, I may make copies of these elections and improve them myself. 

I added Att. Gen. Robert F. Kennedy as a what-if candidate to 1964. 

I'm making my own 1968, using the in-game 1968 as a template. My version will change some of the ratings, stances, which I see as slightly inaccurate, and make the scenario more consistent with the 1788-1964 elections. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I added Att. Gen. Robert F. Kennedy as a what-if candidate to 1964. 

Other than Wallace, did Johnson have any historical primary challenger of significance in 1964. I can't remember.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Other than Wallace, did Johnson have any historical primary challenger of significance in 1964. I can't remember.

Just favorite son canidates

I'm also editing the 1972 election. I'm adding Rockefeller and Reagan as what-if challengers to Nixon. 

Please do the '80's and '90's elections @vcczar.

16 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Please do the '80's and '90's elections @vcczar.

I will make improvement on existing elections. So if the 80s and 90s have elections that are made that I can download, then I will make those elections, based of those templates. I won't make any elections from scratch, though. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I will make improvement on existing elections. So if the 80s and 90s have elections that are made that I can download, then I will make those elections, based of those templates. I won't make any elections from scratch, though. 

6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

can you fix @victorraiders '84 at least.

add myi in commission need one's updates to 84'

10 hours ago, victorraiders said:

add myi in commission need one's updates to 84'

Yes, I'll update 1984. 

I'm now on the 1972 election. I only made a few changes to 1968. As I mentioned I would do, I have added Reagan and Rockefeller as challengers to Nixon. 

I may add LBJ as a what-if for 1972 if anyone is interested in that. 

25 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm now on the 1972 election. I only made a few changes to 1968. As I mentioned I would do, I have added Reagan and Rockefeller as challengers to Nixon. 

I may add LBJ as a what-if for 1972 if anyone is interested in that. 

How old was Johnson in '72?

44 minutes ago, Patine said:

How old was Johnson in '72?

64, I think. He was much older looking than he actually was. He had a serious heart attack before he was 40. 

Yeah, Johnson was always a lot older looking than he really was. Neat little fact: He died two days after Nixon's first term ended, what would have been his second full term if he had decided to run and had been elected. So if he had been re-elected, he probably wouldn't have lived out the term. That or he would have stolen Polk's shortest post presidency record, haha.

It will be a few days before I post the next scenarios. They're ready. I just don't have the time to upload them and alter the campaign pages right now. 

As you know, I posted updates of 1952 and 1956. I'll post 1960 and 1964 next week. And two each week. 

This is tentative on my schedule, obviously, as I may have more or less time on some weeks. 

Ok, this weekend I'm hoping to upload 1960, 1964, 1968 (my version), 1972, since they're ready for this round of updates. 

I also want to let you know that I looked at the 1984 and 1992 scenarios, I'll use the foundations of what is there and greatly expand them. I'll also make a 1996 scenario (reluctantly), since no on has made it, and it is the only missing election we have, I think. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Ok, this weekend I'm hoping to upload 1960, 1964, 1968 (my version), 1972, since they're ready for this round of updates. 

I also want to let you know that I looked at the 1984 and 1992 scenarios, I'll use the foundations of what is there and greatly expand them. I'll also make a 1996 scenario (reluctantly), since no on has made it, and it is the only missing election we have, I think. 

using my scenarios the 1984 after yours adding events,issues, after this i will verify if missing colored photos of one's candidates ,invite file after uploads to my to upload in campaigns