Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

Recommended Posts

I will start putting the update scenarios up starting on Aug 23. I'm too busy until then. I'll post about one or two a day, even though I have very little left to do on each one before I post them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As some of you may know, updated for 1788-1912 have been updated. I just need the flags from @Patine to do the rest. 

I also have a question. Someone commented that in the updated 1912 scenario, that the money is set in such a way that the Socialist Party can't make any money, it's just loses money. Since I don't have the time to play my scenarios, can anyone play through various scenarios as the small third parties and see if you notice any harsh difficulties with saving money? Here is the actual comment from the campaign part of the website:

"Thanks vcczar I was playing on my laptop which hasn’t been updated tried on my pc and it worked and updated the game for my pc and it now works. My only complaint is the money system for example I managed to gain the endorsement of Illonsis guy as Debs , but that meant I lost 300,000 turn despite not spending any money on adverts or infrastructure where the turn before I wasn’t losing any ,it stops loosing this much till your 10,000’s. Also I usually don’t have enough money to spend on adverts despite in theory them only cost a few dollars. Also would an early start date be possible so I can develop a campaign for some of the weaker candidates" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patine What is your suggestion for the money coefficient for 1916-1964?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Patine What is your suggestion for the money coefficient for 1916-1964?

Those were greatly fluctuating years. I'd say it would go from 10 (the roaring 20's) to around 60 (the height of the Depression - and, yes, sadly, money at the height of Great Depression inflation was still worth more than money today - you can thank Tricky Dick taking currency off the gold standard and the incompetence of the hands on the tiller of global finance lately, plus the bizarre philosophy that started in Japan (look how inflated yen is for such an extremely wealthy, industrialized country) that a steady clip of inflation is GOOD for an economy and deflation of currency of any sort is tantamount to economic collapse) in that period, but I couldn't give exact numbers just now. Plus, I'll make sure to get those flags up, since I see I'd been dragging my heels again. In fact, I'll try to do it this evening. At this point, it's just a matter of zipping them and sending them off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patine said:

Those were greatly fluctuating years. I'd say it would go from 10 (the roaring 20's) to around 60 (the height of the Depression - and, yes, sadly, money at the height of Great Depression inflation was still worth more than money today - you can thank Tricky Dick taking currency off the gold standard and the incompetence of the hands on the tiller of global finance lately, plus the bizarre philosophy that started in Japan (look how inflated yen is for such an extremely wealthy, industrialized country) that a steady clip of inflation is GOOD for an economy and deflation of currency of any sort is tantamount to economic collapse) in that period, but I couldn't give exact numbers just now. Plus, I'll make sure to get those flags up, since I see I'd been dragging my heels again. In fact, I'll try to do it this evening. At this point, it's just a matter of zipping them and sending them off.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczar And the flags from 1916-1964 have been emailed to you just now.

Got 'em. Thanks! I hope to have these scenarios out through next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nulla Lex Ink. said:

Do you plan on doing all of the elections, or do you have a cut off?

I am going to do through 1964. After that I may supply feedback to the creators of the other scenarios. 

Can someone confirm that there are scenarios made for 1968-present? If not, I'll advise people that do want to make those, but I can't make them myself, due to time commitments. 

@NYrepublican @Patine @jvikings1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I am going to do through 1964. After that I may supply feedback to the creators of the other scenarios. 

Can someone confirm that there are scenarios made for 1968-present? If not, I'll advise people that do want to make those, but I can't make them myself, due to time commitments. 

@NYrepublican @Patine @jvikings1

Pretty much all of them, except 1988 - 1996 are fully done from what I can see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Pretty much all of them, except 1988 - 1996 are fully done from what I can see

Ok, well if anyone wants to make 1988-1996, I'll give advise and recommendations after I updated 1916-1964. I'll then go from 1968 to the present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to post the updates en mass, for instance, I just finished updating 1916, but I'll wait until I have more time to upload and update the download pages. As such, I'll probably upload them each Friday or so, however many I have updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response :) I was just curious, because I've loved playing around with all the scenarios and was wanting to know when/if they'd all be out. Not rushing anybody of course, I don't really know how to do this but I can see it's a lengthy process just from playing around and trying to make a simulator candidate.

Also, I can confirm that there are versions of 1988, 1992 and 1996 that exist, but they're not really complete. 1984 is also missing a couple of candidates, though none that were too prominent. Just guys like Cranston. I don't know if you guys have rules against taking the work of other users and using that as a base, but I thought I'd mention just in case you don't. I thought they'd make good starters for anyone interested in making those campaigns :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now on 1944. I'll upload this one when I finish 1948. Then I'll release 1952 and 1956 together, and 1960 and 1964 together. As I am incredibly busy, it may take awhile; although, if I have a random break it could be sooner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

@vcczar I'm working on 1988. Still in development however as my college classes have been keeping me rather busy. However I'll continue to work on it. 

awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiw said:

Is '36 and '40 released yet?

They've been updated, but I haven't released them yet. I will when I update 1944. I need to test 1940 now that I've updated that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated through 1948 now. I will release all of these when I can playthrough them to check for errors and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Looking forward to getting to try out the updates :)

 

Thanks. 

I've actually updated to 1956, which I'm still working on. I think I'm just going to update through 1964, and then I have to playthrough 1936-1964 before I release the updates. I could either be on a roll and get through these quickly as I have been the past two days or I may get so preoccupied with equally important things that I don't make any progress for weeks at a time. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, after 1964, I plan on offer improvement for all elections after 1964, and I'll possibly make improved versions of those that exist. However, I will not make any elections from scratch, except for the 2020 election I'm working on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks. 

I've actually updated to 1956, which I'm still working on. I think I'm just going to update through 1964, and then I have to playthrough 1936-1964 before I release the updates. I could either be on a roll and get through these quickly as I have been the past two days or I may get so preoccupied with equally important things that I don't make any progress for weeks at a time. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, after 1964, I plan on offer improvement for all elections after 1964, and I'll possibly make improved versions of those that exist. However, I will not make any elections from scratch, except for the 2020 election I'm working on. 

I'll be sure to ask for some help for the 1988 election I'm currently making when you have finished your updates. I'm taking it slow as my priorities are my college classes. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'll be sure to ask for some help for the 1988 election I'm currently making when you have finished your updates. I'm taking it slow as my priorities are my college classes. :)

 

It will take me awhile to get to 1988, since I'm going in chronological order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm not a hundred percent on if I'll ever get into building campaigns from the bottom up in this game, but I'd like to at least help out a bit. I've been trying my hand at it by making Dick Cheney a playable character in 2008. I have a lot of stuff figured out for him, but I'm having some problems figuring out what his percentage totals should be in the primary season at the moment. He is an incumbent VP so I imagine they'd be pretty high in certain areas, but seeing as how he left office pretty disliked (and the dislike spanned pretty far back), I wonder how I should show that affecting the percentages?

Anyone care to help me out with that, give me a few ideas at least? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×