270soft Forum
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission Election Updates!

@thr33 What is your timeline for when you think you can go through the endorsers for 1992 and 1996?

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

@thr33 What is your timeline for when you think you can go through the endorsers for 1992 and 1996?

Sorry it's taken so long so far. I was manually doing all of these changes in the editor, which was taking forever.

I realized a bit late, that I can directly edit the endorsers.xml file. So I'm doing that now - I set up a spreadsheet with the info to insert, and I'm just copying and pasting.

I want to say I'll have them both to you by the end of the weekend, but frankly, it probably shouldn't have taken this long.

1 hour ago, thr33 said:

Sorry it's taken so long so far. I was manually doing all of these changes in the editor, which was taking forever.

I realized a bit late, that I can directly edit the endorsers.xml file. So I'm doing that now - I set up a spreadsheet with the info to insert, and I'm just copying and pasting.

I want to say I'll have them both to you by the end of the weekend, but frankly, it probably shouldn't have taken this long.

Thanks! I'll be able to release 1992-2016 a few days after I get your edits. 

Update: 2000-2016 are definitely ready to upload for this round of updating. I'm just waiting for 1992 and 1996 to get back to me, so I can keep updating those. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Update: 2000-2016 are definitely ready to upload for this round of updating. I'm just waiting for 1992 and 1996 to get back to me, so I can keep updating those. 

Nevermind. Whoever made the 2000 scenario had the wrong endorsers (Govs, Sens). This is why I didn't want to edit/create these later (post-1956 )scenarios, because most of them (not all of them) were completely half-assed. Since @thr33 is kindly fixing the 1992 and 1996 endorsers, and I'm ahead of schedule on the other updating, I'll fix the 2000 endorsers myself. 

Update: I've updated the endorsers for 2000. 

Update:

I've added 2020 events for Oct, Nov, and Dec 2019. I'll likely be able to release the 2020 updated scenario along with 1992-2016, if I can get the endorsement updates from @thr33

I have updated all scenarios 2000-2020 over the course of this week, including all endorsements for 2000. I'll need to do some minor updating to 1992, and maybe some moderate updating to 1996, so I'll be able to get 1992-2020 out in less than a week after @thr33 can finish his part. "Final" updates will begin January 1, 2018, and will likely take the entire year, with a new updated historical scenario every week. 

Update:

I've now finished updating the events for 2020. This election is ready to upload and will be uploaded with 1992-2020. 

I'm going to do the 1996 endorsers myself and hope that I get 1992 from @thr33 before I have to do that one as well. 

Update: I've finished the 1996 governor endorsers in between my professor duties, I'll do the rest of the endorsers when I get done with work. 

Update:

I've now finished adding/updating all govs and senators for the 1996 election. @thr33

Update:

I also have about 200 historical endorsers (non-gov, non-sen, etc.), this list will probably quadruple in size. These will be added in the final update. 

I'm going to do the 1992 endorsers myself... 

UPDATE: I've finished the 1992 and 1996 endorsers. I need to do some minor tweaking to 1992-2020 before I release them. It is possible that all of these updated scenarios could be released today. 

Did he tell you he wasn't doing them or did he just go off the books?

3 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Did he tell you he wasn't doing them or did he just go off the books?

He appears to have done what a shocking number of forum members on this board do when they agree to help with something. They volunteer to help, say they'll get right on it, then I wait, then I ask for a time table, then they say they'll get on it, then they disappear, and then I have to do it myself, despite being massively busy with non-270Soft related things. 

Done with this round of updates. 

37 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

And Rep. Guttierez of IL said he will likely run for president. I'll do another update in a few months, probably. 

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

And Rep. Guttierez of IL said he will likely run for president. I'll do another update in a few months, probably. 

Sorry, who?

Meng might in 2020,2024 she's already DNC vice-chair.

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

Sorry, who?

He's a Democratic Rep that had recently announced he wasn't running for reelection. I don't know that much about him. 

@NYrepublican I have never heard of Meng outside of you. She's that obscure. She is never mentioned in any major news articles. No doubt, she exists. But she will have to announce before I add her. 

On 11/28/2017 at 8:48 AM, vcczar said:

I'm going to do the 1996 endorsers myself and hope that I get 1992 from @thr33 before I have to do that one as well. 

Sorry, I should have gotten back to you. The last week was hell for me. Apologies for not getting these to you earlier, I'm a bit embarrassed.

It looks like you did the endorsers on your own, but in case these are of any use, I'll attach my copy. Sorry again, and thanks for all you do.

endorsers files.zip

@vcczar in late 1975, early 1976 the case about Kosher food in prison was heard and decided. (US vs Kahane)