270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

WIP - Weimar Republic 1933

1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

If you make a version with the minor parties I can show you how to add them to the app.

Alright, but I'd also plan on a different map than RI Democrat's remember, that had the States and Prussian Provinces as the political regions. I already have the map. Would that require a serious change in your app (as I believe all the populations and eligible voters for each State and Province Prussian are available).

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Alright, but I'd also plan on a different map than RI Democrat's remember, that had the States and Prussian Provinces as the political regions. I already have the map. Would that require a serious change in your app (as I believe all the populations and eligible voters for each State and Province Prussian are available).

Just a layout change

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Did any of your minor parties come close to 60k votes as to earn a seat if so I'll include those

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Did any of your minor parties come close to 60k votes as to earn a seat if so I'll include those

No, but some could have in the volatile atmosphere of the election. Also, the DNVP total of seats is deceptive, because they were in a loose alliance with the Agricultural Union and Stahlheim, and, like many coalitions, whether loose or not, going into an election (as opposed to forming afterwards) in many such Continental European Parliaments, divided the seats by agreement after the election based on total tallied votes, but they each ran their own campaign and had somewhat different platforms - but their results are often listed together in many historical articles on the issue, which is not entirely accurate.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

No, but some could have in the volatile atmosphere of the election. Also, the DNVP total of seats is deceptive, because they were in a loose alliance with the Agricultural Union and Stahlheim, and, like many coalitions, whether loose or not, going into an election (as opposed to forming afterwards) in many such Continental European Parliaments, divided the seats by agreement after the election based on total tallied votes, but they each ran their own campaign and had somewhat different platforms - but their results are often listed together in many historical articles on the issue, which is not entirely accurate.

Since no coalition style features are incorporated yet I think it'd be easier to just display it as the bigger parties

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Since no coalition style features are incorporated yet I think it'd be easier to just display it as the bigger parties

My own take on it is not a high priority on my bucket list, so such a feature may have out (one would hope) by that point.

I fixed the total seats calculation bug

3 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Are you making this in PI?

@victorraiders gave me what he had when popular vote was only available for PI.If there's a good coalition I'm open to relasing it for PMI.

Just now, victorraiders said:

you go add more candidates to partys?

Likely

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Likely

You mean alternative leaders? You do realize that none of the parties that contested the March 1933 Reichstag election (except arguable the Social Democrats, in theory) had any mechanism in their party organizations, charters, or rules for making an in-party challenge of the party leader and forcing a binding leadership convention of any sort (unlike, say, many British and Commonwealth, and a number of Continental European, parties), and there was certainly no primary system or an equivalent, and all the sitting party leaders going into that election were VERY secure in their positions as party leader.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:09 PM, Patine said:

You mean alternative leaders? You do realize that none of the parties that contested the March 1933 Reichstag election (except arguable the Social Democrats, in theory) had any mechanism in their party organizations, charters, or rules for making an in-party challenge of the party leader and forcing a binding leadership convention of any sort (unlike, say, many British and Commonwealth, and a number of Continental European, parties), and there was certainly no primary system or an equivalent, and all the sitting party leaders going into that election were VERY secure in their positions as party leader.

I won't have primaries just the ability to choose different people to head the campaigns if the user so pleases.

This'll be released as part of the road to WW2 series.

I happened to find the source code of the Weimar seat calculation app lying around. If anyone wants to study it or look at it here it is.weimar_app.py

7 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I happened to find the source code of the Weimar seat calculation app lying around. If anyone wants to study it or look at it here it is.weimar_app.py

Here's the dependencies to run it

Python 3

Tkinter (included in the standard windows python3 install not so on Linux I don't know about Mac