Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

WIP - Weimar Republic 1933

Recommended Posts

So I've begun development on this based on the poll's recommendations. I've begun coding the app that'll be used. I need someone who can freeze (I'm using Python) the app for Mac OS when I'm done coding it as a Mac is needed to do that.I will send instructions on how to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYrepublican said:

So I've begun development on this based on the poll's recommendations. I've begun coding the app that'll be used. I need someone who can freeze (I'm using Python) the app for Mac OS when I'm done coding it as a Mac is needed to do that.I will send instructions on how to do it. 

Well, I have the map I'd mentioned previously, with the flags for the States and Prussian Provinces at the time. I would also recommend including the German People's Party, the German Social People's Party, the German State Party, the German Farmer's Party, the Agricultural League, Stahlheim, the German-Hanoverian Party, the Socialist Struggle Community, the Worker's and Farmer's Struggle Community, and, contrary to the K4E version, have the Centre Party and Bavarian People's Party run separately, as all these parties ran, and they had noticeably different platforms from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Well, I have the map I'd mentioned previously, with the flags for the States and Prussian Provinces at the time. I would also recommend including the German People's Party, the German Social People's Party, the German State Party, the German Farmer's Party, the Agricultural League, Stahlheim, the German-Hanoverian Party, the Socialist Struggle Community, the Worker's and Farmer's Struggle Community, and, contrary to the K4E version, have the Centre Party and Bavarian People's Party run separately, as all these parties ran, and they had noticeably different platforms from each other.

I'll consider that for an update.i'm not adding minor parties that failed to earn even a seat because it'll be annoying for users to input any more data than what is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

Could we please see the app and could we use it with others things?

The app is coded in a way it could with slight modification be used for the other Weimar elections aside from that that's it since the Weimar republic had a unique PR system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

The app is coded in a way it could with slight modification be used for the other Weimar elections aside from that that's it since the Weimar republic had a unique PR system.

what is unique about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

what is unique about it?

There was no set amount of seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Presidentinsertname said:

when will it be release?

Hopefully within the next Few Days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I'll consider that for an update.i'm not adding minor parties that failed to earn even a seat because it'll be annoying for users to input any more data than what is needed.

I hate to break it to you, but I may have to go ahead with my plans of doing my own version of this election as part of my bigger Germany collection at some point - with my own map, flags, and a full list of parties, but a different schematic for calculating seats - so it won't be a plagerized scenario - as I already disagree with some decisions your making here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I hate to break it to you, but I may have to go ahead with my plans of doing my own version of this election as part of my bigger Germany collection at some point - with my own map, flags, and a full list of parties, but a different schematic for calculating seats - so it won't be a plagerized scenario - as I already disagree with some decisions your making here.

Well I wasted 3 hours of my day because Google gave me the wrong directions and I was out in the heat for a significant amount of that time when it's 90 or so degrees outside so I'm very grumpy right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got hit by an error because of my using of the wrong widget when trying to get data.I'm applying a patch to fix that and then will re-write the access function now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

i got hit by an error because of my using of the wrong widget when trying to get data.I'm applying a patch to fix that and then will re-write the access function now.

This patch has just been applied and confirmed to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Looks good

Thanks.This took close to 5 hours of on and off work since I kept on getting hit with crashes and bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the app round up, with a bias towards the larger parties? Or down to benefit the smaller parties? Either than that, looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Does the app round up, with a bias towards the larger parties? Or down to benefit the smaller parties? Either than that, looks great!

The weimar system was unique in that there was no set amount of seats,one sets was assigned per 60K votes and extra votes were disregarded. The app divides the input by 60K for each party and disregards the remainder.

I just realized I may need to re-code how the total seats are calculated.I'll do that when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

When should it be out?

I'm aiming for a Sunday release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Patine said:

I hate to break it to you, but I may have to go ahead with my plans of doing my own version of this election as part of my bigger Germany collection at some point - with my own map, flags, and a full list of parties, but a different schematic for calculating seats - so it won't be a plagerized scenario - as I already disagree with some decisions your making here.

If you make a version with the minor parties I can show you how to add them to the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×