270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Insano

Unity Ticket Sanders-Kasich

Thinking of adding Kasich and Sanders as 3rd party options to defeat Clinton and Trump in the general. Would you say a 10-18% share of the vote would be fair for them seeing it would be the two most popular candidates that ran against the two most unpopular? 

1 minute ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Thinking of adding Kasich and Sanders as 3rd party options to defeat Clinton and Trump in the general. Would you say a 10-18% share of the vote would be fair for them seeing it would be the two most popular candidates that ran against the two most unpopular? 

There's no way in hell they'd ever run on a ticket together.

20 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

That's why it's incredibly speculative. 

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

This is correct.

@SeanFKennedy

Better yet would be a Kasich-Graham  or Romney-Huntsman for conservative anti-Trump. Sanders-Gabbard would be the Democratic anti-Clinton

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

This is correct.

@SeanFKennedy

Better yet would be a Kasich-Graham  or Romney-Huntsman for conservative anti-Trump. Sanders-Gabbard would be the Democratic anti-Clinton

That could work, of course all this would be made after I update my 1988 Presidential, my 2018 Ohio Governor and make my other already planned scenarios (most shouldn't take as long Ohio's 88 counties took way to long for me to do.) so my 2010 Ohio won't take long. 2018 Arizona shouldn't take too long. Of course at the same time I am trying to stay updated on your history commission. So it's definitely a way down the road project that maybe won't even happen. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is correct.

@SeanFKennedy

Huntsman was pro trump up untill pussygate but then they made up and he got a job now this be the sixth time in a row he work for a us president.

A unity ticket would probably have to be moderates from both sides. Somebody like Jim Webb or Joe Manchin would make more sense on a ticket with Kasich.

If endorsing Hillary Clinton was too big of a leap for Kasich - which it apparently was - there's no way he'd ever endorse Bernie Sanders, much less share a ticket with him.

18 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

A unity ticket would probably have to be moderates from both sides. Somebody like Jim Webb or Joe Manchin would make more sense on a ticket with Kasich.

If endorsing Hillary Clinton was too big of a leap for Kasich - which it apparently was - there's no way he'd ever endorse Bernie Sanders, much less share a ticket with him.

That's true, like I said I was merely brainstorming ideas for scenarios. I may do something like this down the road.