270soft Forum
NYrepublican

idea - Congress Infinity commission

Since @vcczar's commission is making a presidential series. I was thinking maybe we can make a congressional series for U.S house and post 1914 U.S senate elections.I can provide issue icons as I'm also developing them for the presidential comission and I've done everything up to 1860(including 1860) for that.  @Patine @vcczar @RI Democrat @servo75 @Wiw @Sanser2016 @Sunnymentoaddict @michaelsdiamonds  @SeanFKennedy @TheMiddlePolitical @SirLagsalott @jvikings1 @jnewt @Reagan04

Let me know if you want to help as I'm less inclined to do this If I'm doing this alone. If you want to help, but aren't sure how you want to help, I can give you simple tasks that will help in speeding up the development of the scenarios. 

So far the commission would consist of me ( @NYrepublican), @Patine(pre-2006), @SeanFKennedy, @michaelsdiamonds @servo75 and @victorraiders

**This project is cancelled due to reasons described below.***

I hope to do it as a team effort if you have congress infinity you can help.(even if you don't you can help by providing things like what events to add,surrogates exc.)  @victorraiders

please tell me what you guys think about this.

would the tagged people above like to join or anyone else for that matter?

46 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Since @vcczar's commission is making a presidential series. I was thinking maybe we can make a congressional series for U.S house and post 1914 U.S senate elections.I can provide issue icons as I'm also developing them for the presidential comission and I've done everything up to 1860(including 1860) for that. @Reagan04 @Patine @vcczar @RI Democrat @servo75 @Wiw @Sanser2016 @Sunnymentoaddict @michaelsdiamonds  @SeanFKennedy @TheMiddlePolitical @SirLagsalott @jvikings1

Let me know if you want to help as I'm less inclined to do this If I'm doing this alone. If you want to help, but aren't sure how you want to help, I can give you simple tasks that will help in speeding up the development of the scenarios. 

So far the commission would consist of me ( @NYrepublican)and @victorraiders

I already have planned to do the 1st Congress to the War of 1812, and then 1854 to 1864 (just the House for both ranges), the Progressive Era (1900 to 1932 - House for all; Senate for 1914 on), and 2006 Senate, in my CI docket. Any other elections outside those (at least U.S. Congressional) I have no plans at all to make.

@Patine will you assist the development of this  series(I'll be going backwards in time for the same reason @vcczar did that.)

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@Patine will you assist the development of this  series(I'll be going backwards in time for the same reason @vcczar did that.)

My ideas and approach for some of the scenarios I had in mind might differ a bit from others, but, I already had a fair degree of progress on my 2006 Senate one going which I can offer as a working start to collaborate when you get to that point going backward. I don't have much personal interest in the Obama- and Trump-era Congressional elections nearly as much, so when you get to 2006, we can definitely seriously discuss that.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

My ideas and approach for some of the scenarios I had in mind might differ a bit from others, but, I already had a fair degree of progress on my 2006 Senate one going which I can offer as a working start to collaborate when you get to that point going backward. I don't have much personal interest in the Obama- and Trump-era Congressional elections nearly as much, so when you get to 2006, we can definitely seriously discuss that.

I'm including you for pre-2006 election ok?

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I'm including you for pre-2006 election ok?

Alright, but I can't guarantee a real contribution to all of them - it'll be a case-by-case basis.

I'm not that into Congress Infinity in it's current state, unfortunately. It's just not as well put together as President Infinity and feels kinda lackluster to play. Good luck with the historical scenarios though! 

@CalebsParadox it's being updated soon after the PI update.Could you maybe look up leaders and surrogates(which can be very tedious and will speed up progress.)?

3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Since @vcczar's commission is making a presidential series. I was thinking maybe we can make a congressional series for U.S house and post 1914 U.S senate elections.I can provide issue icons as I'm also developing them for the presidential comission and I've done everything up to 1860(including 1860) for that. @Reagan04 @Patine @vcczar @RI Democrat @servo75 @Wiw @Sanser2016 @Sunnymentoaddict @michaelsdiamonds  @SeanFKennedy @TheMiddlePolitical @SirLagsalott @jvikings1

So far the commission would consist of me ( @NYrepublican), @Patine(pre-2006), @SeanFKennedy and @victorraiders

So you're looking to develop campaigns for those past elections? I'm interested in being a part of it but it would take a long time and involve elections I'm not familiar with.

I don't have CI. I might get it at some point, but not right now. Perhaps when we get closer to mid-term elections. 

@Wiw CI is set to be updated after the PI two-round update is done.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

can @President Garrett Walker ,@CalebsParadox beta-test. Is @LegolasRedbard interested in this?

I don't own CI, and have no desire to do so, due, ironically, to the small number of third-party scenarios

I have decided against creating this commission due to the fact that I don't want to detract focus from @vcczar's commission, and the fact that many people do not have the game to test.

13 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I have decided against creating this commission due to the fact that I don't want to detract focus from @vcczar's commission, and the fact that many people do not have the game to test.

Oh, really. I had thought I'd quickly finish my 2006 Senate scenario, given, in the form I'd left it when I was last working on it, it was more than half done.