270soft Forum
NYrepublican

Trump job approval

do you approve of the job Trump's been doing?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. do you approve of the job Trump's been doing?

paul/meng 2020 

Franken/Warren 2020

16 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

paul/meng 2020 

How much is Meng paying you to promote her? You've mentioned her in glowing terms at least 10-20 times on these forums now, in a very short period. :P

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, Paul is much preferable to Cruz, as is every other major politician. If Trump ends up choosing a far-right politicians for the Supreme Court, I hope he picks Ted Cruz, since, if he is going to pick a Cruz-like judge anyway, it might as well be Cruz to take him out of the Senate, and make it less likely he tries to become president. He would likely be less vocal as a judge. I think it would be a good way to "retire" him early. 

I would never, under any circumstances, want Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court.  You already know he would make the court even more partisan than it already is, and he'd most likely be stuck in our lives for even longer period of time than he would if he were a Senator.  Plus, who knows, the person who replaces him in the Senate could be even worse.

5 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I would never, under any circumstances, want Ted Cruz on the Supreme Court.  You already know he would make the court even more partisan than it already is, and he'd most likely be stuck in our lives for even longer period of time than he would if he were a Senator.  Plus, who knows, the person who replaces him in the Senate could be even worse.

I don't think anyone could be worse than Ted Cruz in the senate. I live in Texas, and I can't think of anyone worse. 

Just now, vcczar said:

I don't think anyone could be worse than Ted Cruz in the senate. I live in Texas, and I can't think of anyone worse. 

The only dude I can recall more conservative than Cruz is Santorum. At least Cruz has a "state decision" leaning when it comes to same-sex marriage. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

What about Ken Paxton?  Not sure he's worse than Cruz, but he'd be pretty bad too.

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The only dude I can recall more conservative than Cruz is Santorum. At least Cruz has a "state decision" leaning when it comes to same-sex marriage. 

It's not about his conservatism (at least for me, it's not).  It's about being a decent person (same reason I would have supported many Republicans for President over Hillary).  I think Cruz is an awful person.  I'd much rather have someone who's a decent human being and even more conservative than Cruz, than Cruz himself.

2 minutes ago, jnewt said:

What about Ken Paxton?  Not sure he's worse than Cruz, but he'd be pretty bad too.

It's not about his conservatism (at least for me, it's not).  It's about being a decent person (same reason I would have supported many Republicans for President over Hillary).  I think Cruz is an awful person.  I'd much rather have someone who's a decent human being and even more conservative than Cruz, than Cruz himself.

Curious, who would've been your preferred Republican candidate? 

Just now, SeanFKennedy said:

Curious, who would've been your preferred Republican candidate? 

Out of who ran, I would have supported Kasich, Christie, Paul, Graham, and Pataki over Hillary

9 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Out of who ran, I would have supported Kasich, Christie, Paul, Graham, and Pataki over Hillary

I would agree on all of them. Maybe not Christie depending on how he would've ran in the General election 

2 hours ago, Patine said:

How much is Meng paying you to promote her? You've mentioned her in glowing terms at least 10-20 times on these forums now, in a very short period. :P

She's my representative and I really like her.Her latest election may come out soon for PI against Daniel Maio she overperformed Hillary by 9 points here.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Okay, I'll rephrase. He's not like the Supreme Leader of Iran, the Sunni Caliph, the Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell, the Pope in the days of Papal States, the Judges of Israel of Antiquity before King Saul came to power, or the Pharoahs of Egypt, Huey Tlaetoni of the Aztecs, or other old monarch who combined theocratic power with monarchialism. I admit, I exaggerated for hyberbole. However, by base point is that Ted Cruz, and a large number of other Republican politicians, advocate legislating laws based solely on Judeo-Christian religious doctrine and that otherwise are not necessary for the protection of citizens' property and bodies from harm, violation, and theft by others (against their will), the defense of the nation from outside powers and insurgents, the creation of economic regulation to keep market stability and protect citizens from fraud and predatory economic practices, protecting minors and the mentally challenged from situations they can't deal with, minting currency, and other purposes for which government exists, and to have these "religious morality" laws be applicable to all religious groups, despite being made from one grouping of religions of a source. I have clarified my comment, but I still stand that these politicians inhibit, not enhance, liberty by the nature of their policies.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 Cruz definitely has some theocratic tendancies. His tone often suggests a dangerous blur between the lines of Church and State. His language is not secular. If he was to avoid the constant use of "Judeo-Christian" values when discussing political matters, he wouldn't be misrepresented as a theocrat. I don't know why he can't keep his religion private from politics, unless it is to suggest it should have a more dominant role in politcs, or to suggest to voters that he might bring it to the forefront. The discussion of the issue should be in regards to practicality and enhancement of the country, not in regards to traditional Christian values, considering a large portion of the country do not share all of those values; although, there is inherent overlap. 

Cruz discusses his faith because it is important in his live.  And, Judeo-Christian values had a substantial influence on the Founding of the country.  So, it isn't theocratic to discuss them.

Also, for many issues, while their faith might influence their positon, their is usually another argument that can be made that doesn't directly input a person's faith into other people's lives.

20 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Cruz discusses his faith because it is important in his live.  And, Judeo-Christian values had a substantial influence on the Founding of the country.  So, it isn't theocratic to discuss them.

Also, for many issues, while their faith might influence their positon, their is usually another argument that can be made that doesn't directly input a person's faith into other people's lives.

Okay, for example, other than religious imposition and certain views on "proper marital traditions," almost always inspired by the religion for those of socially conservative bent, is there any good reason same-sex marriages should be prohibited? Is there any proven harm to society (not the myths and malarkey about corrupting children and gay recruitment and other crap that always comes up during referendums for this issue, but have all been firmly debunked by psychologist and sociologists, and have had any hard evidence failed to be provided by anti-same-sex-marriage lobby groups) caused by the existence of same-sex marriage?

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

me

13 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

me

No. You would be better. I think you are, at heart, a good person. While your platform might be even further right, I feel you'd be less likely to actually influence legislation. Cruz is overtly ambitious, slimey, and none of his colleagues trust him (except maybe Mike Lee). Whereas, I could see myself actually hanging out with you in the Senate cafeteria as long as you restrained from talking about social issues at the table. 

16 hours ago, Patine said:

Okay, for example, other than religious imposition and certain views on "proper marital traditions," almost always inspired by the religion for those of socially conservative bent, is there any good reason same-sex marriages should be prohibited? Is there any proven harm to society (not the myths and malarkey about corrupting children and gay recruitment and other crap that always comes up during referendums for this issue, but have all been firmly debunked by psychologist and sociologists, and have had any hard evidence failed to be provided by anti-same-sex-marriage lobby groups) caused by the existence of same-sex marriage?

Protecting the sanctity of marriage doesn't necessarily have to be a religious argument.  For some, it might be influenced by religious belief, but it doesn't mean that is the only thing a part of it.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Cruz is overtly ambitious, slimey, and none of his colleagues trust him

The general opinion of Cruz was displayed when Trump called him a "pussy" during the primaries.  People were aghast that Trump would say such a thing in public, but not a single one took issue with the conclusion.

58 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Protecting the sanctity of marriage doesn't necessarily have to be a religious argument.  For some, it might be influenced by religious belief, but it doesn't mean that is the only thing a part of it.

The "sanctity of marriage," as Cruz and like-minded politicians define it, and as I know you're defining it, is not a matter that should be decided by a government, especially one with a Constitution written the way it is in the U.S.

31 minutes ago, Patine said:

The "sanctity of marriage," as Cruz and like-minded politicians define it, and as I know you're defining it, is not a matter that should be decided by a government, especially one with a Constitution written the way it is in the U.S.

That's a different debate.  In fact, my opinion (which is also held by Rand Paul) is get the government out of marriage completely.

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

No. You would be better. I think you are, at heart, a good person. While your platform might be even further right, I feel you'd be less likely to actually influence legislation. Cruz is overtly ambitious, slimey, and none of his colleagues trust him (except maybe Mike Lee). Whereas, I could see myself actually hanging out with you in the Senate cafeteria as long as you restrained from talking about social issues at the table. 

That would actually be fun, maybe one day we'll serve together.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

That would actually be fun, maybe one day we'll serve together.

Don't forget me bro lol

For the moment Trump did not archieve something so important, he made bans which have been blocked for their unconstitutionnality according to the concerned judges who blocked it but he did not success to manage the Congress where he has a majority to make pass his bills.

Obamacare was not easier to pass than the wall and the Democrats hadn't really more seats than he has currently, he has still to pass his program before to see how he will manage it.

The proposal of reform for Obamacare has created a serious problem of division within the Congress, as French I do think interesting if americans would go to our country where the tuitions fees are costing 350 dollars by year (and 10 dollars for those who are under poverty) or the medicine is partiality recovered by our national insurance like the costs to go to hospital are almost free xD.

We made the choice to pay more taxs but our health care and our education system is almost free (apart the private schools of business and trade which are costing the same than your colleges)

In Quebec, not far from USA there is also a full free health care.

However to come back on the subjet, the Congress is right to pay attention to the deficit, the Western countries have a serious problem of debt which could enslave the next generations if it is not controled.

I say it while I would be a progressive Democrat if I was American.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:43 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Put Paul at the front and that'd be perfect ? 

No I don't want a hypocrite (Cruz) as president.

25 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

How rude, and why would you say this.

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Hed be vice president lmao

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

How rude, and why would you say this.

Lmao maybe he got hacked. Doesn't sound like something hed say.