Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vcczar

Historical Scenario Commission

61 posts in this topic

I think my next task, rather than making any new scenarios (outside of the 2020 scenario that I keep updating), is to update/fix the historical scenarios, starting from 1788/89 to the more current ones. This said, I'm wondering who will be interested in helping me out?

I'll be doing the great majority of the work, I just need people to tell me 1) what needs to be updated or fixed and 2) if a fix, what might be the way to fix it. 

Also, help with finding events, historical newspapers (for interviews), and advice for balancing the economics in the game (purchasing ads, etc.) is desired. 

I'm less inclined to update these scenarios if I'm doing by myself. The more people that volunteer, the quicker we can get this done. 

Let me know if you want to help. If you want to help, but aren't sure how you want to help, then I can give you simple tasks that will help in speeding up the updates. 

We will start with the first presidential election. 

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 @Take Me to La Riva @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @Reagan04 might be interested. Feel free to tag other users that you think might be interested in helping. 

I'd love to! @CalebsParadox ?

I'd love to help.  I could also use some advice on updating my 1824 scenario.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 @Take Me to La Riva @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @Reagan04 might be interested. Feel free to tag other users that you think might be interested in helping. 

I can help here and there. I am planning to get those flags done, and some advice on money/inflation co-efficients would likely help many of your scenarios.

Thanks, guys! If @jvikings1 @Reagan04 and/or @Patine want to do a playthrough of the 1788 election and try to find issues/errors with it, that would be great. 

I'll work at putting some events together for it. I have Patine's flags, if they aren't already in the scenario. 

If someone can give me advice for the money/inflation co-efficients that would be great.

I just added some more events. I forgot I already had some in that scenario. I'm going to weaken the events as well. I think when I made them, it was when the events engine just came out, so I didn't know how much they could skew the momentum. 

3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I'd love to! @CalebsParadox ?

I'm 100% on board with helping through play testing and suggestion of fixes! If I knew how to create events, I would love to do that as well.

21 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

I'm 100% on board with helping through play testing and suggestion of fixes! If I knew how to create events, I would love to do that as well.

Thanks, I look forward to your feedback!

4 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I'd love to help.  I could also use some advice on updating my 1824 scenario.

You made that? That's my favorite early scenario of them. Bravo good sir

17 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

You made that? That's my favorite early scenario of them. Bravo good sir

I had actually tried a go at making an 1824 scenario further back for the old P4E2008 engine, but that election didn't work well AT ALL by that old engine, so @jvikings1's version was an improvement in many ways on my attempt.

I would also love to help. However, currently I don't have much time left. I still have to figure out some things. I hope I can be of any assistance.

8 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I would also love to help. However, currently I don't have much time left. I still have to figure out some things. I hope I can be of any assistance.

Thanks! Even doing a single playthrough will be helpful. Just let me know if any errors or anything needs to be fixed. You could also look for typos, and things like that, if you prefer.

I'm in! I'm done with college i will now be active again

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks! Even doing a single playthrough will be helpful. Just let me know if any errors or anything needs to be fixed. You could also look for typos, and things like that, if you prefer.

You're welcome! Tomorrow I will have my last exam for this semester, but I will have to write two term papers until August, so I have to look carefully and there are some other things I have to prepare for as well. I will try my best from the end of this week on.

10 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I'm in! I'm done with college i will now be active again

Awesome. 

I will be most inclined with helping 1856 and up,before 1856 my knowledge is scarce.

38 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I will be most inclined with helping 1856 and up,before 1856 my knowledge is scarce.

I understand. For the earlier scenarios, I just need help in fixing mechanics, the costs of ads and things, which would just involve people playing the scenario and telling me if the ads are too expensive, too powerful, and try to find other things that might be inhibiting any balance. The Washington elections are more about the race for second place, so the scenarios should be very difficult for anyone trying to challenge Washington. 

@vcczar I can and will help any way I can,I just got my laptop fixed so I can finish my 1988 election scenario, 1986 Senate election  and help you

7 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

@vcczar I can and will help any way I can,I just got my laptop fixed so I can finish my 1988 election scenario, 1986 Senate election  and help you

Thanks!

@vcczar these lines in ads.xml control ad costs I'm not exactly sure how though. 

<broadcast_cost_default population="3000000">50000</broadcast_cost_default>
        <!-- all regions indexed to this, to override use broadcast_costs list below -->
        <broadcast_cost_universal_political_unit>2500000</broadcast_cost_universal_political_unit>

@NYrepublican Thanks, this will be very helpful, I think. 

Are there any specific candidates that you want me to test?

18 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Are there any specific candidates that you want me to test?

Great question. I guess play as any of the VP candidates, since the real election is for VP. Just let me know if the adds or anything makes it too difficult or too easy. You can pick whomever you wish.