3 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

That was already in Union territory 

what do you mean?

1 hour ago, koneke said:

what do you mean?

California fought on the Union's side

4 minutes ago, jnewt said:

California fought on the Union's side

I know. Southern California could be included though if you want because i think Southern political leaders wanted that part of CA.

1 hour ago, koneke said:

I know. Southern California could be included though if you want because i think Southern political leaders wanted that part of CA.

I'm not in the habit of answering to you, koneke, but some basic historical education here is in order. By many reckonings, Confederate leaders wanted the whole vast territory called by them "the Golden Crescent." But, like the vast majority of irredentist claimants, just because they wanted them wouldn't mean they were guaranteed, or even likely, to realistically get them.

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not in the habit of answering to you, koneke, but some basic historical education here is in order. By many reckonings, Confederate leaders wanted the whole vast territory called by them "the Golden Crescent." But, like the vast majority of irredentist claimants, just because they wanted them wouldn't mean they were guaranteed, or even likely, to realistically get them.

I am not sure what this mod is based on, but if it is based on a big CSA victory in the war between the states i think they would have annexed Southern part of CA.

8 minutes ago, koneke said:

I am not sure what this mod is based on, but if it is based on a big CSA victory in the war between the states i think they would have annexed Southern part of CA.

A big CSA victory is also very unrealistic.I'd expect lines similar to the borders of the border states that seceded.I'm thinking of uploading JohnnyK's scenarios to the campaigns website for archiving.

@koneke A confederate expansion into Mexico  or the Caribbean is possible though. Also @jnewt what will the consequences be for the US in this scenario?

9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

@koneke A confederate expansion into Mexico  or the Caribbean is possible though. Also @jnewt what will the consequences be for the US in this scenario?

That's true i've always heard that it was the Southerners who were the most jingoistic in the war with Mexico.

This is how i think NV and CA would have been split. The part below the black line would belong to a modern day Confederacy.

for the goys.png

19 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Baja California and several Caribbean countries will be annexed by the CSA at some point.  Not sure what you mean by the consequences for the US, though. They'll be a weaker country, and some things, like the building of the Panama Canal, will be done by the Confederacy instead of the United States.  I have an idea of having a specific Confederate President successfully order the assassination of Adolf Hitler, which will escalate the war and lead to the CSA joining the war on the side of the Allies and causing this certain President to be viewed similarly to how FDR is in real life.  

3 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Baja California and several Caribbean countries will be annexed by the CSA at some point.  Not sure what you mean by the consequences for the US, though. They'll be a weaker country, and some things, like the building of the Panama Canal, will be done by the Confederacy instead of the United States.  I have an idea of having a specific Confederate President successfully order the assassination of Adolf Hitler, which will escalate the war and lead to the CSA joining the war on the side of the Allies and causing this certain President to be viewed similarly to how FDR is in real life.  

Would other states secede now that secession is proven to work? Would federal power be weakened and if so,How?

3 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Sounds interesting, but to be historically correct the US intervention in the 1st World War did so that the German Kaiser send Lenin to the Russian Empire which made the Soviet Union as we know it. Hitler would not have seized power if it wasn't for the communist revolution in Russia because a lot of Germans really feared a communist revolution because of the slaughters in the civil war during the first years of the Soviet Union.

4 minutes ago, koneke said:

Sounds interesting, but to be historically correct the US intervention in the 1st World War did so that the German Kaiser send Lenin to the Russian Empire which made the Soviet Union as we know it. Hitler would not have seized power if it wasn't for the communist revolution in Russia because a lot of Germans really feared a communist revolution because of the slaughters in the civil war during the first years of the Soviet Union.

Hitler would likely have come to power because of Versailes anyway though it'd be a slower process.

9 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I hate to say it, and a few people might vehemently disagree and even take offense, but I'm not sure I see a separate Confederate government being at cross purposes ideologically with Hitler in the same way that FDR was. And, I don't see how an assassination of Hitler would be inherently easier or more workably for a separate Confederate government. Also, a lot of these Caribbean countries spoken so casually as inevitably being annexed were colonies of the British Empires, and thus under the defense of the Royal Navy, by far the most powerful naval force on the globe, far none, between their defeat of the Spanish Armada in the 16th Century straight until the Second World War.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Hitler would likely have come to power because of Versailes anyway though it'd be a slower process.

I don't agree, the German has historically been the most religious country in Europe and many Germans were shocked by seeing the persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union during the civil war. Many Volga Germans seeked refuge in Germany and brought with them a deep hatred of Communism and Jews.

8 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Would other states secede now that secession is proven to work? Would federal power be weakened and if so,How?

In reality, I think other states probably would secede, but personally I think those states would form their own country rather than join someone they fought a war against.  The Confederate constitution was written almost the exact same as the US Constitution, so I'm not really going to have the federal government be weakened too much, but they'll probably choose to defer to the states. 

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

I hate to say it, and a few people might vehemently disagree and even take offense, but I'm not sure I see a separate Confederate government being at cross purposes ideologically with Hitler in the same way that FDR was. And, I don't see how an assassination of Hitler would be inherently easier or more workably for a separate Confederate government. Also, a lot of these Caribbean countries spoken so casually as inevitably being annexed were colonies of the British Empires, and thus under the defense of the Royal Navy, by far the most powerful naval force on the globe, far none, between their defeat of the Spanish Armada in the 16th Century straight until the Second World War.

I think that the South has always been very anglophile and maybe they would have joined the 2nd World War to help out the U.K. So i don't think it is outside of the realm of possibility.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

The only British Caribbean island I have being annexed by the CSA (as a territory, not a state) are the Turks and Caicos Islands, being purchased in 1974. I'm also going to have them purchase Bermuda (again, as a territory, not state) during WWI.  They aren't going to take any land from the British by force. 

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

The Germans were basically on par with Britain by WW1 eve. The American and French navies also have similar records of success

I just uploaded JohnnyK's scenarios for archiving purposes.

4 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I just uploaded JohnnyK's scenarios for archiving purposes.

I've gone through those to help with mine, but they are LOADED with factual errors and whatnot, including people who had already died running for President and people from northern states. He didn't even bother to make Woodrow Wilson a Governor or President of a school in the south. He kept him as the President of Princeton University, which would not have ever been in the Confederacy. 

Just now, jnewt said:

I've gone through those to help with mine, but they are LOADED with factual errors and whatnot, including people who had already died running for President and people from northern states. He didn't even bother to make Woodrow Wilson a Governor or President of a school in the south. He kept him as the President of Princeton University, which would not have ever been in the Confederacy. 

Maybe they let USA citizens run for President as part of the settlement and vice versa :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Confederate - next show from Game of Thrones creators

It takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern United States have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_(TV_series)

Wow, thanks for adding this to the ol radar man!

8 hours ago, Jayavarman said:

Confederate - next show from Game of Thrones creators

It takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern United States have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_(TV_series)

Rush was talking about this last week.  It is pretty silly to have slavery around to this day.