Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

Israel 2015

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ido said:

ok ok, just wanted to make a fun scenario

Then I'd suggest a completely fictional one with a fictional country, subdivisions, parties, issues, demographics, etc. Then you can play virtual God and give fun from on high, and people can only really criticize on issues like game balance and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i'm already thinking up scenarios, one of my ideas is a "World Election" scenario which PMI could be perfect for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

yeah i'm already thinking up scenarios, one of my ideas is a "World Election" scenario which PMI could be perfect for

I hate to do it, but CI would do that better too. In fact, I have an "elected UN General Assembly" scenario I'd given a star to on my HD in my docket, by CI. I say PMI, and certainly PI, wouldn't work due to the near impossibility of a single leader or coherent party gaining a realistic and viable global mandate that would be governable from at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah but it's a United World Scenario with Parliament and stuff, a little more centralized than the UN, the World is an actual Confederacy/Federation the main conflict is Centralization vs Decentralization

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

yeah but it's a United World Scenario with Parliament and stuff, a little more centralized than the UN, the World is an actual Confederacy/Federation the main conflict is Centralization vs Decentralization

Sounds like the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, or the Republic of Senegambia, or the Federal French Community, or the West Indies Federation, or the United Arab Republic, or an effective, meaningful Commonwealth of Independent Sates (or Gorbachev's previous "federal, democratized Soviet Union"), or other such political experiments - doomed to certain failure, and quickly, before they even started...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be a fun election scenario, if i wanted to be grounded in reality i would have not made that scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

it's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be a fun election scenario, if i wanted to be grounded in reality i would have not made that scenario

Unless you're decades in the future or something, reality is still close to home with that kind of scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah it's just a fun scenario i wanted to make, like "What if the World worked like the Commonwealth nations?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ido said:

nah it's just a fun scenario i wanted to make, like "What if the World worked like the Commonwealth nations?"

Commonwealth nations? I'm not aware that any piece of land that once made up the "British Empire where the Sun Never Sets On," including my home in Canada, outside the modern United Kingdom and (formerly) the Republic of Ireland, EVER elected MP's directly to Westminster, or even held a an elected representative Commonwealth-wide version of the European Parliament in any way, shape, or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for fuck sake, it's just a silly scenario i came up with, while you can come up with a scenario about a balkanised USA and the fucking Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

for fuck sake, it's just a silly scenario i came up with, while you can come up with a scenario about a balkanised USA and the fucking Moon

But mine ARE decades in the future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so let me do my silly stuff, and i'll let you do your stuff (btw i can't see the US get destroyed in the 2040's even though it would not be the dominant power in the world)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

so let me do my silly stuff, and i'll let you do your stuff (btw i can't see the US get destroyed in the 2040's even though it would not be the dominant power in the world)

Alright. I'll say no more until you produce something, and then I'll judge based on what you put out. Also, the U.S. doesn't GET destroyed in the 2040's in my scenario - it tears itself apart, something that very much strikes as FAR MORE likely given the current cultural, social, and political trends one sees in the U.S. today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, i meant that the US will be more inwards focused and less concerned about stuff like MidEast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also my scenario is very VERY silly, do not expect it to approach realism, the idea came out of a joke in a Discord server where i showcase ingame scenarios @Patine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ido said:

yeah, i meant that the US will be more inwards focused and less concerned about stuff like MidEast

That's not what I was referring to in my statement of why I see the U.S. schisming. I'm referring to a vicious, nasty, violent, vitriolic, and very difficult to resolve "great divide" which has not appeared even close to in American society, culture, and politics, since the 1840'-1860's as the phenomenon that is the catalyst I see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ido said:

also my scenario is very VERY silly, do not expect it to approach realism, the idea came out of a joke in a Discord server where i showcase ingame scenarios @Patine

 

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Patine said:

You made a kitbashed, jury-rigged attempt in President Infinity and then ignored all concerns and criticism about it's functioning, declared it worked, congratulated yourselves, and called it a day. Please be honest here.

The Israeli PM election of 1996 did work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYrepublican said:

The Israeli PM election of 1996 did work.

That was my mistake. I was uncertain that was the scenario being referred to. I thought for some reason it was a different, short-lived idea you had had. My concerns and doubts remain, however, on the viability of a Knesset election working even remotely as desired by PMI, and @Ido's claim that the Israeli PM direct election 1996 scenario shows it can be done is completely erroneous and shows a lot of perspective and context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nah it was the scenario me and NYRepublican made a while ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ido said:

nah it was the scenario me and NYRepublican made a while ago

Yes, I realize this now. But I am still EXTREMELY dubious and critical of a Knesset election by PMI, and certainly of the previous success showing that such a scenario CAN be done, and just as easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×