270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wiw

Reichstag - Late 1932

The dramatic struggle between Nazi, Communist, Social Democratic, Nationalist, Centre and Bavarian forces vying for control of the Reichstag and the ailing German republic in the latter half of 1932 reaches a head. Can the Nazis be pulled out of power? Or is Germany destined to pave the way to World War II?

So yes, I'm doing this one! I know @Patine planned to make his own scenario, but I wasn't aware that was his plan when I started making mine, and I still kind of want to see it through. I have two questions to ask, since I'm sure at least one of you knows more than I can find out.

1. What seats were distributed to each state? Since there's no option for PR, I'm having to figure out what seats went where, but I'm having trouble with the calculations.
  2. Are the names of the individual seat holders and candidates known?

I'm sure I had a third question, but I've forgotten it now.

1 minute ago, Wiw said:

The dramatic struggle between Nazi, Communist, Social Democratic, Nationalist, Centre and Bavarian forces vying for control of the Reichstag and the ailing German republic in the latter half of 1932 reaches a head. Can the Nazis be pulled out of power? Or is Germany destined to pave the way to World War II?

So yes, I'm doing this one! I know @Patine planned to make his own scenario, but I wasn't aware that was his plan when I started making mine, and I still kind of want to see it through. I have two questions to ask, since I'm sure at least one of you knows more than I can find out.

1. What seats were distributed to each state? Since there's no option for PR, I'm having to figure out what seats went where, but I'm having trouble with the calculations.
  2. Are the names of the individual seat holders and candidates known?

I'm sure I had a third question, but I've forgotten it now.

The problem is the Weimar Republic was PURE PR in it's seat allocation, not FPTP like the German Empire before it or MMP like West Germany (and then post-1990 re-unified Germany) after it - meaning there were NO constituencies at all, it was all party lists, divided, I believe, only by State. Until @admin_270 coughs up some serious updates to possible electoral systems available in fan-made scenarios, it's going to be VERY difficult. I had originally planned, when I declared it was on the docket, to tackle it with K4E in some sort of hackjob, to be honest.

I had thought that. I'd thought perhaps I could divide it up so the states all have at least 19 seats each, but even that has its problems.

Did K4E have PR?

9 hours ago, Wiw said:

I had thought that. I'd thought perhaps I could divide it up so the states all have at least 19 seats each, but even that has its problems.

Did K4E have PR?

Not pure PR, but RI Democrat had a hackjob system for his old Germany March 1933 scenario by it, a system I had planned to emulate in my Weimar elections (including an attempt at an improved version of the aforementioned scenario with my own map, list of parties, and approach to it), as well as to try to tackle some Israel and post-Apartheid South Africa elections, but little traction in getting started had been made at the time by me, and I moved on to something else.

I'm making an app to calculate the seats for my Weimar '33 scenario since the parties are the same I could change a few things and give it to you.(Currently it's text-based but I plan to give it a GUI.)

@Patine

@Wiw If you can make up your own app to do this since It'll be awhile till I make one for this(at least a week).

There were no fixed amount of seats. One seat was given to a party for each 60,000 votes that party received and extra votes were discarded.

for example if there were 600,000 votes there'd be 10 seats up for competition.

@Wiw will you be able to make an application for this yourself?