270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daons

2015 UK Parliamentary Election - Northern Ireland

On the campaigns site I have uploaded a UK 2015 general election localised to Northern Ireland. All feedback is welcome.

34 minutes ago, daons said:

On the campaigns site I have uploaded a UK 2015 general election localised to Northern Ireland. All feedback is welcome.

if it's going to be Northern Ireland, I want to see a Stormont scenario, not a localized Westminster one...

55 minutes ago, Patine said:

if it's going to be Northern Ireland, I want to see a Stormont scenario, not a localized Westminster one...

I would love to make one but that would require STV (single transferable vote) to be added for any Assembly election to be accurate unless the current system can be modified to make it work..

6 minutes ago, daons said:

I would love to make one but that would require STV (single transferable vote) to be added for any Assembly election to be accurate unless the current system can be modified to make it work..

That is true. Though I suppose the OLD Stormont elections of the 1930's-1960's could be done by the current engine...

That could be an option, The last election in 1969 might be interesting given the split in the UUP vote. They were still returned as the largest grouping but this would allow for some interesting seat by seat contests with Pro and Anti-O'Neill candidates. I'll have a look in to how practical 1969 would be in terms of platforms/candidates etc,

3 hours ago, daons said:

Is that the system used in Australia?

Because, if so, I believe Anthony is adding that once favorability is added to the game.

13 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Is that the system used in Australia?

Because, if so, I believe Anthony is adding that once favorability is added to the game.

No, it isn't, it's just deceptively similarly named, but VERY difficult. I believe the Australian system is called preference voting or something similar.

Just wanted to say the northern irish one is possibly my favourite campaign of all.  I really like the smaller scale ones, and your one has the flexibility for surprising, yet not totally unrealistic outcomes.  I was able to achieve a Sinn Fein Minority Govt.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:56 PM, Patine said:

No, it isn't, it's just deceptively similarly named, but VERY difficult. I believe the Australian system is called preference voting or something similar.

Preferential Voting

AKA: Ranked-choice, alternative vote etc.