270soft Forum
Patine

Fictititious Future 2028 United States - Divergent Point Prequel

BRO OMG. YOU PUT A GUY NAMED MR. GARRETT AS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST AND MY MATH TEACHER LAST YEAR IS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST WITH THE SAME NAME. (He thinks the JFK assassination was a hoax, 9/11 was an inside job, Reptillians exist, and the Earth is flat). This is awesome. I even have his school website so I can prove it too lmaooo.

38 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@Patine, if you think I'm lying here it is. Please don't change his name lmaoo. I could see him actually doing this too. We got along really well.

https://garrettshane.wixsite.com/crestview/about

I use the disclaimer that used to be on every issue of every series of Marvel and DC Comics - "any resemblance, by appearance or name, of any character in this or any other issue to any actual person, living or dead, is entirely coincidence." :P

41 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm wondering what opinion of these revisions (thus far) @vcczar and @jvikings1 have?

I'm fine with whatever. I'm trying to focus on getting past 1992, 1996, 2000 and 2004 right now. I'll take a look when I get done with this round of updates if you remind me 

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@Patine, if you think I'm lying here it is. Please don't change his name lmaoo. I could see him actually doing this too. We got along really well.

https://garrettshane.wixsite.com/crestview/about

I love history, Bible prophecy and studying conspiracy fact.

Just one fact? Would have assumed there would be more.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm curious as to the ideological make up of the candidates and their base support( college educated whites, rural workers, etc). Also what is the Senate makeup? I love this so far!

1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I'm curious as to the ideological make up of the candidates and their base support( college educated whites, rural workers, etc). Also what is the Senate makeup? I love this so far!

That's being formulated. Though, among a few other demographics shifts, Puerto Rico's DC-like 3 Electoral Votes as part of it's "path to Statehood" program will have a nudge, albeit a small one.

19 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's being formulated. Though, among a few other demographics shifts, Puerto Rico's DC-like 3 Electoral Votes as part of it's "path to Statehood" program will have a nudge, albeit a small one.

I picture the midwest being lean R to likely R(with MN being the swing state in the region now). And NJ a swing state now. But I see the Sunbelt( GA, AZ,NC, VA) being tossup to likely D.

2 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I picture the midwest being lean R to likely R(with MN being the swing state in the region now). And NJ a swing state now. But I see the Sunbelt( GA, AZ,NC, VA) being tossup to likely D.

Also, Arthur Green and his new Restoration Party, whom I said above is like a more charismatic Ross Perot with a more comprehensive, coherent platform, is going to come out swinging and highlight clearly and in high-detail digital-profile, all the deficiencies of both major parties, the "wonky priorities" ("focusing on and dividing over smoke-and-mirrors issues instead of issues that really are of true importance to Americans, but dressing up their priorities to have voter pathos support them"), using the support of powerful lobby groups and donors to offset "true popular voter support," and, "despite the endless promises by both sides Presidential and Congressional election after election, leaving the nation to further deteriorate and crumble from within, using division as a tool to keep power," and other such rhetoric. Also, given the vast personal wealth of Green and his inner circle of supporters, and the fact that he owns his own large media empire, means that FEC funding rules and many advertisers' reluctance to give Independents and Third Parties very many slots and visibility at all is FAR less of a factor. His appearance does have an impact, certainly, though a more profound one a bit further down the timeline.

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

Just as a note, other pivotal and significant election scenarios from this particular rough part of the hypothetical future timeline include:

-France 2027 (a big one in the long-term of the timeline)

-Germany 2026 (another big one)

-United Kingdom 2025

-Russia 2024 (a BIG shock and tumult)

-European Parliament 2024 (quite possibly the last viable and meaningful such election)

-Japan 2027

-Australia 2029

-New Zealand 2027

-Canada 2029 (and the related Quebec 2027)

And a number of others are definitely possible and have planned synopsises.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

Just as a note, other pivotal and significant election scenarios from this particular rough part of the hypothetical future timeline include:

-United Kingdom 2025

-European Parliament 2024 (quite possibly the last viable and meaningful such election)

-Japan 2027

-Australia 2029

-New Zealand 2027

Maybe when PR is added an Israel 2019 or 2023 or something?

I'm curious if FN will be a major party, or will the LR incorporate their policies. Cause, Le Pen did well among the youth voters, and could be a sign of a generational shift in ideology. Globalism v Nativism. 

I agree with @NYrepublican,an Israeli one will be interesting. I'm curious to how long we can imagine Bibi will be PM.

Just now, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I'm curious if FN will be a major party, or will the LR incorporate their policies. Cause, Le Pen did well among the youth voters, and could be a sign of a generational shift in ideology. Globalism v Nativism. 

I agree with @NYrepublican,an Israeli one will be interesting. I'm curious to how long we can imagine Bibi will be PM.

FN (or an FN-led merger party) will take over the government of France. Also, as technological innovations in the next hypothetical decade or two begin to more rapidly phase out fossil fuel, and the Middle East loses one of biggest impetuses to launch large, multi-national military forces, and more of a rigid unity among many militant Sunni Islamist groups desiring a new Caliphate, but making the tactical decision to put a moratorium on sponsored terrorists (temporarily) to seize and solidify control of many Arab and Saharan nations, elections in Israel, as well as Iran (no friend at all of a Sunni Caliphate-in-the-making), and Turkey, with sharp political divisions over the idea, will become quite relevant, especially as the series progresses.

4 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Or the future maybe a PM Feiglin or Barkat?

48 minutes ago, Patine said:

-United Kingdom 2025

-Japan 2027

-Australia 2029

-New Zealand 2027

hope scotland is still apart of the uk in the eu parliament one because the scot dont want to leave.

4 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

Maybe when PR is added an Israel 2019 or 2023 or something?

Oh Israel, the biggest threat to world peace. Still love Israel though. 

11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Oh Israel, the biggest threat to world peace. Still love Israel though. 

You're wrong there. The biggest threats to world peace are corporation that manufacture firearms, munitions, and military vehicles, hardware, and software, that exploit and extract fossil fuels and rare non-renewable mineral resources used in lucrative industrial and technological fields, and those shadowy ones involved in "private security" and "contracting" in warzones (like Haliburton). Those are the biggest threats to world peace, and yet another in a big pile of very significant and monumental reasons stacking up rapidly (but still completely ignored by fiscal conservatives and corporate-corrupted politicians) for much more corporate regulation across the board - but hey, we're TOLD any corporate regulation at all is Communistic and will utterly destroy the economy and lead to poverty and despair...

40 minutes ago, Patine said:

You're wrong there. The biggest threats to world peace are corporation that manufacture firearms, munitions, and military vehicles, hardware, and software, that exploit and extract fossil fuels and rare non-renewable mineral resources used in lucrative industrial and technological fields, and those shadowy ones involved in "private security" and "contracting" in warzones (like Haliburton). Those are the biggest threats to world peace, and yet another in a big pile of very significant and monumental reasons stacking up rapidly (but still completely ignored by fiscal conservatives and corporate-corrupted politicians) for much more corporate regulation across the board - but hey, we're TOLD any corporate regulation at all is Communistic and will utterly destroy the economy and lead to poverty and despair...

I remember reading an editorial in the Daily News awhile ago talking about how to repair damage already done by fossil fuels.

23 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I remember reading an editorial in the Daily News awhile ago talking about how to repair damage already done by fossil fuels.

You missed my point again...

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

You missed my point again...

I wasn't meaning to respond to you, I accidentally quoted you. I was just mentioning that.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I wan't meaning to respond to you, I accidentally quoted you. I was just mentioning that.

If you're referring to my plans in my hypothetical future timeline about the phasing out of fossil fuel economic dependence, the repair of the damage already done is quite possible, but I don't think that would warrant continued, willful dependence on such energy sources if new, inexpensive, and much more practical ones (and not just the simple wind and solar power whose power input is insufficient to power the whole world's energy needs, or the very dangerous and feared nuclear power, but some real more innovative energy solutions do crop up in my timeline by the late 2020's).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

If you're referring to my plans in my hypothetical future timeline about the phasing out of fossil fuel economic dependence, the repair of the damage already done is quite possible, but I don't think that would warrant continued, willful dependence on such energy sources if new, inexpensive, and much more practical ones (and not just the simple wind and solar power whose power input is insufficient to power the whole world's energy needs, or the very dangerous and feared nuclear power, but some real more innovative energy solutions do crop up in my timeline by the late 2020's).

That's what got me thinking of it.