270soft Forum
Patine

Fictititious Future 2028 United States - Divergent Point Prequel

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

Which Caliph will the be exactly?

I'm assuming a son (probably fictitious) of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

38 minutes ago, Patine said:

Terrorism will actually take a more convoluted turn, actually. After a decade of terrorist attacks and police state tactics in response as well as intervention in the Middle East plagued by haphazard organization, lack of firm commitment by any but local players, and an alliance at cross-purposes with each other, the unthinkable solution comes to the lips of a number of politicians who are not just fringe (maybe Rand Paul and a couple others) - this war is going nowhere and not getting resolved and is another Vietnam or Afghanistan, so let's recognize ISIS as a "nation" and make a cease-fire. Their internal polices are despicable, but then again so are China and Saudi Arabia's. Other than directly honouring treaties with Turkey and Israel, the U.S. will end intervention in the region on that note. A proposal that is shocking, but also offers a solution to a nation weary of terrorism and Middle-Eastern war.

Rand would never do that.  In fact, he wants to vote in Congress to authorize military force against ISIS (more than just air strikes)

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Rand would never do that.  In fact, he wants to vote in Congress to authorize military force against ISIS (more than just air strikes)

He was talking about "fringe" politicians.

6 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

He was talking about "fringe" politicians.

52 minutes ago, Patine said:

the unthinkable solution comes to the lips of a number of politicians who are not just fringe (maybe Rand Paul and a couple others)

Key words are: not just fringe

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm assuming a son (probably fictitious) of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

I think ISIS will be significantly weakened by 2028 to the point of being so decentralized that there isn't really a main organization. I think any Caliph would would be completely symbolic. I think by 2028 the issue will be more of what do we do in the "clean up" process. I think terrorists will be more home-grown (possibly native born attackers), possibly. In that instance, how do we constitutionally combat domestic terror? 

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

In that instance, how do we constitutionally combat domestic terror? 

Wasn't that a significant problem with the various militant American groups from which Timothy McVeigh emerged?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Wasn't that a significant problem with the various militant American groups from which Timothy McVeigh emerged?

I'm not sure. I don't really remember. I was younger than most of the people in this forum when that happened. I think what I'm talking about, in regards to 2028, would be much larger, and probably much more politicized. 

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

So, I've had some new ideas and inspirations around this scenarios (and the whole global hypothetical scenario series that surrounds it). Given most of the candidates I had planned on appearing in a 2028 election who are real politicians and other figures would be quite old by that point (even if the true geriatrics like Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Biden, Jeb Bush, and others were already slated in the original draft to sit it out as it is), and to avoid the cliché that has troubled many scenario series (alternate history series) where the Confederacy remains intact, but all of it's Presidents thereafter are well-known Confederate generals and Southern politicians and their direct descendants, I've decided I would probably will things out with some more fictitious candidates, especially ones who would be being debuted in a scenario such as this but have a much more profound role in the storyline going forward.

REPUBLICANG

-President Marco Rubio (Incumbent) of Florida

-Vice President Ted Cruz of Texas

-Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky

-Secretary of State Nikki Haley of South Carolina

-Governor Donald Trump, Jr. of New Jersey

-Ambassador to the Czech Republic Ivanka Trump of New York (the two Trump children would not compete against each other in a scenario, ideally)

-Mr. Kieran Glenn of Washington (fictitious; President of Gonzaga University)

-Governor Nelson Freeman of Tennessee (fictitious)

-Senator Lynn Braun of Colorado (fictitious)

-Governor Jacob Van Zwillinger of Alaska (fictitious)

-Attorney General Terrence Greenhearth of Ohio (fictitious)

-General Robert Winchester of Georgia (fictitious)

-Congresswoman Connie Swift of Wisconsin (fictitious)

DEMOCRATIC

-Congressman Julian Castro of Texas (Cuomo's 2024 running mate)

-Senator Jay Inslee of Washington

-Congresswoman Kamala Harris of California

-Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois

-Senator John P Kennedy III of Massachusetts

-Governor Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii

-Governor Gavin Newsom of California

-Borough President Erica Garner of New York

-Lieutenant Governor Ryan Colden of California (fictitious)

-Ms. Vera Masaki of Oregon (fictitious; CEO of an alternate energy research corporation)

-Governor Drake Goodman of Rhode Island (fictitious)

-Former Ambassador to India Mindra Jaharana of Delaware (fictitious; currently co-chairs an international NGO)

-Senator Charles Boxer of West Virginia (fictitious)

LIBERTARIAN

-Former Congressman David Whitham of New Hampshire (fictitious; one of two frontrunners by far)

-Professor Maria Regnall of Texas (fictitious; sociology professor, chairwoman of a pure Libertarian academic think-tank; one of two frontrunners by far)

-Ms. Brittany Phelps of Virginia (formally Pirate Party (United States))

-Mr. Garrett North of New Mexico (fictitious; published conspiracy theorists)

-Mr. Jared Toringer (fictitious; actor, musician, former seven-term President of the NRA)

-Mr. E.W. Kenneth (fictitious; leader of a "3%" movement)

GREEN

-Ms. Kat Swift of Texas

-Former City Supervisor Matt Gonzalez of California

-Ms. Lara Whitehawk of North Dakota (fictitious; Native American activist)

-Mr. Edward Sleathe of Arizona (fictitious; CEO of a green-oriented waste problems management consultant firm)

-Frostfire of Nevada (fictitious; gender-ambiguous musician/performer/celebrity)

CONSTITUTION

-Reverend Greg Harcourt of Montana (fictitious)

-Former Congressman Samuel Eastman of Mississippi (fictitious)

-Sheriff Jessica Grey of Louisiana (fictitious)

RESTORATION

-Mr. Arthur Greene of Massachusetts (fictitious; unopposed for nomination)

INDEPEDENT (TWO SEPERATE TICKETS)

-Mr. Mark Zuckerberg of California

-"Prophetess" Harrietta Sharambwe (last name changed) of Illinois (fictitious; apocalyptic cult leader)

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

@JDrakeify @willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders @Patine @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami

So, I've had some new ideas and inspirations around this scenarios (and the whole global hypothetical scenario series that surrounds it). Given most of the candidates I had planned on appearing in a 2028 election who are real politicians and other figures would be quite old by that point (even if the true geriatrics like Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Biden, Jeb Bush, and others were already slated in the original draft to sit it out as it is), and to avoid the cliché that has troubled many scenario series (alternate history series) where the Confederacy remains intact, but all of it's Presidents thereafter are well-known Confederate generals and Southern politicians and their direct descendants, I've decided I would probably will things out with some more fictitious candidates, especially ones who would be being debuted in a scenario such as this but have a much more profound role in the storyline going forward.

REPUBLICANG

-Ambassador to the Czech Republic Ivanka Trump of New York (the two Trump children would not compete against each other in a scenario, ideally)

DEMOCRATIC

-Ms. Vera Masaki of Oregon (fictitious; CEO of an alternate energy research corporation)

-Former Ambassador to India Mindra Jaharana of Delaware (fictitious; currently co-chairs an international NGO)

LIBERTARIAN

-Former Congressman David Whitham of New Hampshire (fictitious; one of two frontrunners by far)

-Professor Maria Regnall of Texas (fictitious; sociology professor, chairwoman of a pure Libertarian academic think-tank; one of two frontrunners by far)

-Mr. Jared Toringer (fictitious; actor, musician, former seven-term President of the NRA)

GREEN

-Ms. Kat Swift of Texas

-Mr. Edward Sleathe of Arizona (fictitious; CEO of a green-oriented waste problems management consultant firm)

-Frostfire of Nevada (fictitious; gender-ambiguous musician/performer/celebrity)

CONSTITUTION

RESTORATION

-"Prophetess" Harrietta Sharambwe (last name changed) of Illinois (fictitious; apocalyptic cult leader)

Add me as a Libertarian candidate and it'll be accurate 👌 

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Add me as a Libertarian candidate and it'll be accurate 👌 

Will you be 35 in 2028? I'm not adding candidates who can't be inaugurated...

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Will you be 35 in 2028? I'm not adding candidates who can't be inaugurated...

@ThePotatoWalrus Although fear not if you aren't - my series carries on (in various forms) for at least 20 years after this election.

1 minute ago, Presidentinsertname said:

rand and his father were born in pa.

But Rand Paul is a Senator from Kentucky. If someone above has an elected position tied to a specific state (like Governor, Senator, Congressperson, or a local position), I list them under the State their position is tied to.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

But Rand Paul is a Senator from Kentucky. If someone above has an elected position tied to a specific state (like Governor, Senator, Congressperson, or a local position), I list them under the State their position is tied to.

alternate history wise i dont see ron paul leaving the us so i see rand being senater of pa.

13 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

alternate history wise i dont see ron paul leaving the us so i see rand being senater of pa.

It's not alternate history, it's hypothetical future. Nothing prior to the RW date has officially changed on the scale of well-known facts, only events in a fictional future timeline going forward.

13 hours ago, Patine said:

REPUBLICANG

DEMOCRATIC

LIBERTARIAN

GREEN

-Ms. Kat Swift of Texas

CONSTITUTION

RESTORATION

I say add alex jones.

1 hour ago, Presidentinsertname said:

I say add alex jones.

Who is this Alex Jones? I'm pretty sure I recall you've brought them up before, and it caused acrimony and controversy among those who recognized the name and the context you used it in, but I can't remember the details.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Who is this Alex Jones? I'm pretty sure I recall you've brought them up before, and it caused acrimony and controversy among those who recognized the name and the context you used it in, but I can't remember the details.

A Right-wing conspiracy theorist. Known mainly for his funny and aggressive tones and political rants. "THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TURNING THE FREAKIN FROGS GAY" (im serious)

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

A Right-wing conspiracy theorist. Known mainly for his funny and aggressive tones and political rants. "THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TURNING THE FREAKIN FROGS GAY" (im serious)

4 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

I say add alex jones.

Well, I don't think that's a candidate worth my time. Any other off the wall "suggestions" @Presidentinsertname? Alvin Greene perhaps? Warren Jeffs? Imperator Constantine XII of the Fourth Rome? The Saquatch or Moth Man? :S

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, I don't think that's a candidate worth my time. Any other off the wall "suggestions" @Presidentinsertname? Alvin Greene perhaps? Warren Jeffs? Imperator Constantine XII of the Fourth Rome? The Saquatch or Moth Man? :S

He actually might be. He's pretty popular (not really liked, but just well-known) amongst both parties, and is very critical of the government. I could see him running, even if just sarcastically, or as a joke. When he was younger, he was actually a pretty avid conspiracy hunter, and produced a very popular video of him where he actually snuck into and videotaped stuff at the Bohemian Grove.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He actually might be. He's pretty popular (not really liked, but just well-known) amongst both parties, and is very critical of the government. I could see him running, even if just sarcastically, or as a joke. When he was younger, he was actually a pretty avid conspiracy hunter, and produced a very popular video of him where he actually snuck into and videotaped stuff at the Bohemian Grove.

But how old would he be in 2028? My age preference ideal above is not just to keep Mr. Hale the Libertarian out of my scenarios until he's old enough to be inaugurated, but to keep my scenarios from also being overrun by geriatrics so you don't have a situation similar to how three Soviet leaders died of old age in a three year period in the early '80's that Reagan famously commented on.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

But how old would he be in 2028? My age preference ideal above is not just to keep Mr. Hale the Libertarian out of my scenarios until he's old enough to be inaugurated, but to keep my scenarios from also being overrun by geriatrics so you don't have a situation similar to how three Soviet leaders died of old age in a three year period in the early '80's that Reagan famously commented on.

He'd only be 53 then. A lot younger than the average presidential candidate, who is around 60.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎16 at 3:11 PM, Patine said:

REPUBLICANG

DEMOCRATIC

RESTORATION

LIBERTARIAN

-Ms. Brittany Phelps of Virginia (Captain of Pirate Party (United States) running for fusion nomination)

GREEN

-Ms. Kat Swift of Texas

CONSTITUTION

MODERN WHIG

-Lieutenant Colonel Kelvin Harris of Pennsylvania (fictitious)

-District Attorney Jennifer Wendell of Oregon (fictitious)

-Mayor Justin Vespucci of Iowa (fictitious)

NEW UNITY

-City Councillor Jesse Saligarmo of New York (fictitious)

-Former Lieutenant Governor Robin Marlin of Minnesota (fictitious)

-State Senator Marvin Wise of Utah (fictitious)

-Mr. H.A. O'Hara of Illinois (fictitious; political non-fiction author)

PEACE AND FREEDOM

-Mr. Kongo Vance of New York (fictitious; ex-convict and civil rights activist)

-Ms. Helene Nero of California (fictitious; actress and philanthropist)

SOCIALIST ALTERNATIVE

-Ms. Gloria Yang of New Jersey (fictitious; attorney specializing in lawsuits around worker's legal claims against employers)

ALL-AMERICAN

-Major Reynold Jefferson of Arkansas (fictitious; former U.S. Marine, leader of "private militia")

SOCIALIST LABOR

-Mr. Anthony Kezwalkski of Ohio (fictitious; labor union organizer)

-Former City Councillor Olivia Hernandez of Florida (fictitious)

PATRIOT

-Major and former Lieutenant Governor Victor Davies of Alabama (fictitious)

TRANSHUMANIST

-Commander and Professor Jared Nelson of Washington (fictitious; former scientist and astronaut with NASA)

-Doctor Janice Seed of Florida (fictitious; bio-genetic engineer and experimental psycho-engineer - claims (unverified) relation to Dr. Seed, the cloning scientist in the Cayman Islands)

RAZA UNIDA

-Former Governor Serena Velaquiz of New Mexico (fictitious)

-Mr. Fernando Ribana of California (fictitious; the very same Fernando Ribana who appears in the Republic of California, which is 20 years further along this timeline, list of candidates as "Hector Samoza," returning from exile in South America, in disguise (which amused @Sunnymentoaddict, as I recall) and under a new identity, after being charged for insurgency and treason - needless to say, has yet to commit said crimes at this in the timeline)

NEW AFRIKA

-Mr. Jamal Obega of Pennsylvania (fictitious; hip-hop artist and Pan-African/Black Power advocate)

-Former City Councillor Olivia Newman-Twikwite of the District of Columbia (fictitious; ran for DC City County under Umoja Party label)

INDEPEDENT (TWO OR THREE SEPERATE TICKETS)

-Mr. Alex Jones of Texas (maybe)

This is an updated list of possible candidates. Any feedback is welcome (except trolling, of course).