270soft Forum

2017 United Kingdom General Election [DOWNLOAD TODAY]

rickcall12

Information

For the past week or so, I've been working on a scenario for Prime Minister Infinity
which is based on upcoming UK 2017 General Election.

The scenario is based on the map used in the 2015 scenario provided with the game. All of
the polling data was provided by the Electoral Calculus.

Every party leader has been added or changed
- Conservatives have Theresa May
- Labour have Jeremy Corbyn
- Lib Dems have Tim Farron
- UKIP have Paul Nuttall
Just to name a few

All polling data has come from Electoral Calculus, you can view the full polling data below using the GE 2017 spreadsheet.

Attached are also some images from the scenario, sample 1 looks at the starting map, sample 2 is a newspaper and sample 3 is election night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

1. Download the file here or use the attachment below
2. Find your main Prime Minister Infinity folder
    - Right click on your Prime Minister Infinity desktop icon and click "open file location"
3. Go to the "scenarios" folder
4. Click and drag the "United Kingdom - 2017" folder into the "scenarios" folder
5. Open Prime Minister Infinity, new game, change campaign and select "United Kingdom - 2017"
6. Pick and party and win

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contains

Partys and leaders:
Conservatives - Theresa May
Labour Party - Jeremy Corbyn
Liberal Democrat - Tim Farron
UK Independence Party - Paul Nuttall
Green Party - Caroline Lucas
Scottish National Party - Nicola Sturgeon
Plaid Cymru - Leanne Wood
Democratic Unionist Party - Arlene Foster
Sinn Féin - Gerry Adams
SDLP - Colum Eastwood
Ulster Unionist - Robin Swann
Alliance - Naomi Long
Other - Leader of a Minor Party
Spectator - Spectator

Events
Ransomware Cyberattack - Boosts National Security - 4 days
Manchester Terror Attack - Boosts National Security - 9 days

Debates
ITV Debate - 18th May - Invited: SNP, Lib Dem, Plaid Cymru, Green and UKIP
Sky News with Paxman - 29th May - Invited: Conservatives and Labour
BBC Debate - 31st May - Invited: All major parties
BBC Debate - 2nd June - Invited: Conservatives and Labour
BBC Debate - 4th June - Invited: SNP and Lib Dem
BBC Debate - 6th June - Invited: All parties

2017.zip

UK GE 2017.xlsx

Sample 1.png

Sample 2.png

Sample 3.png

To do list:

Improve leader images (just looking at Fosters image is enough)

Change the incumbant party and candidates to 2015 values

Remove no longer running candidates from the seats (They will be referred to as PARTY Candidate in till I find a new name)

Update the scenario as the 2017 election draws closer (improve election night to have seats announced as the actual results were announced)

Add more events?

2 hours ago, rickcall12 said:

592fd6bfebe21_Sample4.png.2826e54b4b1c495fd548b9982d41c8cc.png

This was my Jeremy Corbyn attempt. Did pretty well if I say so myself.

A single "Other" party? How do you put UK First, the Communist Party of Great Britain, TGUP, the Scottish Christian Party, Abolish the Welsh Assembly Now, Free Scotland, Idle Toad, and the Official Raving Monster Looney Party together, among MANY other examples, as one party with one leader sensibly?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

A single "Other" party? How do you put UK First, the Communist Party of Great Britain, TGUP, the Scottish Christian Party, Abolish the Welsh Assembly Now, Free Scotland, Idle Toad, and the Official Raving Monster Looney Party together, among MANY other examples, as one party with one leader sensibly?

With respect to those parties, I don't believe I want to run through the effort of adding every single one of those parties into the roster of parties. This will mean coming up with candidates, poll numbers (which have to be whole numbers) and adding leaders for those parties. While I could do all of this theoretically, I do not believe it would add much value to the end product.

These parties aren't expected to gain seats and because they receive decimal figure percentages in terms of votes, its hard to get an accurate simulation of these parties. And lets take the Official Monster Raving Looney Party for instance, they are a satirical party with barely any, if not, no serious issues presented in their party. I cannot simply label the party as centre, far-left or far-right or anywhere in between because those areas do not simulate the party properly.

In my experience, placing the Independents and Minor Parties under a single "party" is a much better alternative than splicing them up into multiple parties. And the actual "leader" is just referred to as "Leader of a Minor Party" which does work in the simulation.

I think it's fine to just leave those sorts of parties out, given that they generally just win handfuls of votes here and there.

I've done some scenarios where I create two independent parties and label them "Independent Left" and "Independent Right," and then I plug in whichever minor left- or right-leaning party or independent candidate seems strongest in each seat. But even then, I'd leave out parties like Official Monster Raving Loony or single-issue parties that don't really fit into 270soft's left-right system.

Changelog Version 1.01

- Added Fox Hunting as an issue

- Fixed the leaders images
    - Paul Nuttall is now a nerd
    - Arlene Foster now looks more human
    - Colum Eastwood is not a big headed alien

- Made different issues more or less relevant
    - European Union is now the most important thing in the world
    - May have lowered a few others or increased a few others
    - Can't remember which ones though

Archived