Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NYrepublican

WIP - Israel 1996

Recommended Posts

So I'm making a 1996 Israel Prime minister election for PI since I can't get results by region to break it down with I'm going to model it via demographics can someone please help me find the shares of the the muslim/ultra-orthodox/secular israelis/other population shares of the regions in Israel for 1996.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok I now have a working build issues,endorsers and events still need to be added.Also I called Judea and Samaria that name since it's what it is called in Israel.

@Patine @lizarraba @wolves

firstworking.JPG.a706680216fbd9fe0770987d33f9b23a.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

ok I now have a working build issues,endorsers and events still need to be added.Also I called Judea and Samaria that name since it's what it is called in Israel.

@Patine @lizarraba @wolves

firstworking.JPG.a706680216fbd9fe0770987d33f9b23a.JPG

I recall these direct PM elections were abolished after the 2001 ones (only the second one) because the winner lacked an actual majority or the ability to form one in the Knesset right after, and following snap Knesset elections after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

I recall these direct PM elections were abolished after the 2001 ones (only the second one) because the winner lacked an actual majority or the ability to form one in the Knesset right after, and following snap Knesset elections after that.

Yah though Anthony has said that once the PMI and PI updates are done Pure PR will probably be added in a quick update afterwards.Once he does that I plan to do Israel-2015 Israel 1977 and Israel 1949

see:http://270soft.com/2017/05/17/prime-minister-infinity-u-k-next-release-sneak-peek-windows-only-3/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patine also the PM elections allowed for the rise of smaller parties( yay i'm a big multi-party system fan)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

Yah though Anthony has said that once the PMI and PI updates are done Pure PR will probably be added in a quick update afterwards.Once he does that I plan to do Israel-2015 Israel 1977 and Israel 1949

see:http://270soft.com/2017/05/17/prime-minister-infinity-u-k-next-release-sneak-peek-windows-only-3/

you have numbers of votes of these israel electons?? are very hard to find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor1313 said:

you have numbers of votes of these israel electons?? are very hard to find

I estimated them based on wikipedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, republicaninnyc said:

@Patine also the PM elections allowed for the rise of smaller parties( yay i'm a big multi-party system fan)

I love smaller parties, too, myself. I'm gathering logos, leader portraits, and full platforms for all the minor parties to appear in my British Columbia 2017 scenario (although in the FPTP system used here in Canada and it's component provinces, they don't have nearly as much chance, but they'll be included nonetheless).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

I love smaller parties, too, myself. I'm gathering logos, leader portraits, and full platforms for all the minor parties to appear in my British Columbia 2017 scenario (although in the FPTP system used here in Canada and it's component provinces, they don't have nearly as much chance, but they'll be included nonetheless).

I'm doing my research for those knesset scenarios. Should I include ale yarok in the 2015 scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1977 - the Begin revolution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

I'm doing my research for those knesset scenarios. Should I include ale yarok in the 2015 scenario?

It is considered a legitimate issue in MANY countries today. Canada's in the process of finalizing nationwide legalization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

I'm doing my research for those knesset scenarios. Should I include ale yarok in the 2015 scenario?

In fact, actually, I discovered in researching British Columbia smaller parties, that Clayton Welwood, the leader of the British Columbia Libertarian Party, had an advertising campaign back in the 2013 British Columbia election, when legalization was still being wrangled over, with the caption, "I don't grow pot, I don't sell pot, I don't smoke pot, legalize now!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 10:52 AM, republicaninnyc said:

So I'm making a 1996 Israel Prime minister election for PI since I can't get results by region to break it down with I'm going to model it via demographics can someone please help me find the shares of the the muslim/ultra-orthodox/secular israelis/other population shares of the regions in Israel for 1996.

This may not be entirely perfect, but your best bet on demographics would be party votes. Take the last Knesset election, and the Zionist Union received 18.6% of the vote. Knowing that the party carters to secular Jews in the suburbs, we can assume roughly 18% of the nation is secular. I know itll be more time consuming, but its a start till I find their census info translated in English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

This may not be entirely perfect, but your best bet on demographics would be party votes. Take the last Knesset election, and the Zionist Union received 18.6% of the vote. Knowing that the party carters to secular Jews in the suburbs, we can assume roughly 18% of the nation is secular. I know itll be more time consuming, but its a start till I find their census info translated in English.

Israel's demographcis have changed a lot since 1996 the state used to be much more secular.Here's what i'm basing it on though I will make some rough changes

israel demographics for 1996
ultra-orthox universal 10% except for territories
jews 69 muslim 25.4

northern distirct
jews = 40% arabs = 40% other = 20%

haifa district
jews = 69.4 muslims = 20.8 other = 9%

center district 
85% jews 10% arabs 4% unknown

tel aviv district
97% jewish 3% other

jerusalem distirct
62% jewish 35% arab

southern district 
75% jewish 15% arab 7.62% others

territories 
85% netanyahu
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-23 at 2:01 AM, republicaninnyc said:

ok I now have a working build issues,endorsers and events still need to be added.Also I called Judea and Samaria that name since it's what it is called in Israel.

@Patine @lizarraba @wolves

firstworking.JPG.a706680216fbd9fe0770987d33f9b23a.JPG

I like how is going, please, continue with the development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lizarraba @victor1313 @Sunnymentoaddict @Patine all others interested in this scenario

during my research I found that Israel technically used a two-round system though it was never employed since only Likud and Labor fielded candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor1313 said:

 judea have ballots?

yes the settlements do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor1313 said:

very good your added much issues and events?

I'm adding endorsers now I've done both issues and events

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patine @lizarraba @victor1313 @Sunnymentoaddict and any elese interested in this scenario the download link for the beta is below.

 

http://www.files.com/shared/592b362194d0e/israel1996.zip

בהצלחה (translation: good luck)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor1313 said:

the platforms of candidates are right now?

oh I haven't yet added them I'll do that when i Update it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×