270soft Forum
LegolasRedbard

UK General Election Poll 2017

UK General Election 2017  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you backing in the UK election in June?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Lib Dems
    • Greens
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Sinn Fein
    • DUP
    • UUP
    • Alliance
    • BNP
    • Monster Raving Loony
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you think would make the best Prime Minister?

• Theresa May
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Tim Farron
    • Paul Nuttal
    • Caroline Lucas
    • Howling Laud Hope

13 minutes ago, wolves said:

centre right stuff littered with some rather radical pledges

a bit like the 2015 labour manifesto

Sounds like the former Alberta Premier Ralph Klein. Although, his "radical pledges," including cutting to zero deficit in five years no matter what the cost - and I remember watching in horror how he literally chopped down provincial services and budgets drastically (and unnecessarily, in it's extremity, I might add), and got monikers in the local papers and news as the "axeman," both by his supporter and critics.

I really wish Farage was still leader of UKIP.  I think they could have broken through and win some MPs this election.  Instead, most of their voters have gone to the Tories, and they will probably be reduced to about 5%.

6 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I really wish Farage was still leader of UKIP.  I think they could have broken through and win some MPs this election.  Instead, most of their voters have gone to the Tories, and they will probably be reduced to about 5%.

The UKIP folks, should vote Labour if the Tories follow a globalist agenda. That'd spread fear into the Tory party and is absolutely necessary if Brits wants to stop one-world government

18 minutes ago, koneke said:

The UKIP folks, should vote Labour if the Tories follow a globalist agenda. That'd spread fear into the Tory party and is absolutely necessary if Brits wants to stop one-world government

UKIP voters think that the Tories are the best chance for Brexit, and I think they have a solid point.  The Tories will push for a more complete Brexit than Labor. But, we will see how far it goes.  If Theresa May lives up to the expectation of people like Nigel Farage, then UKIP will probably be absorbed into the Conservative Party.  But, if she fails to do that, like people like Farage are predicting, UKIP will probably gain traction again.

Ideologically, I'd vote Lib Dem as I'm of the centrist-leaning-left inclination. That said, I'm voting Labour as more a realistic vote to weaken May's majority - the whole argument that Brexit is behind the snap election seems a little untrue, and therefore makes me highly suspicious of the Prime Minister. 

Still, my local MP is Kate Hoey who was a huge Brexiteer despite our area voting 79% to remain  - difficult when MPs are supposed to represent their constituents.

On 25/5/2017 at 0:09 AM, jvikings1 said:

UKIP voters think that the Tories are the best chance for Brexit, and I think they have a solid point.  The Tories will push for a more complete Brexit than Labor. But, we will see how far it goes.  If Theresa May lives up to the expectation of people like Nigel Farage, then UKIP will probably be absorbed into the Conservative Party.  But, if she fails to do that, like people like Farage are predicting, UKIP will probably gain traction again.

When you have political vision, you should never back down. You should demand huge concessions. UKIP voters should vote for Labour if that means the Tories will lose. No political movement has ever won anything by taking the least worst. I am not very informed about the Conservative Party though but i think they're bourgeosie globalists which is just as harmful as secular humanist globalists.

4 hours ago, koneke said:

When you have political vision, you should never back down. You should demand huge concessions. UKIP voters should vote for Labour if that means the Tories will lose. No political movement has ever won anything by taking the least worst. I am not very informed about the Conservative Party though but i think they're bourgeosie globalists which is just as harmful as secular humanist globalists.

So, when you have a political vision, you SHOULDN'T be like, say, Trump, who campaigns on populist change and slamming and sticking it to the Republican establishment, getting huge cheering, sometimes violent, crowds, and then upon being elected, more and more just falls under the influence and shadow of said establishment, and has done (or seriously tried) very little that he has actually campaigned on? He would be an example of that to avoid, right?

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

So, when you have a political vision, you SHOULDN'T be like, say, Trump, who campaigns on populist change and slamming and sticking it to the Republican establishment, getting huge cheering, sometimes violent, crowds, and then upon being elected, more and more just falls under the influence and shadow of said establishment, and has done (or seriously tried) very little that he has actually campaigned on? He would be an example of that to avoid, right?

Trump has embarked on a cooperation strategy with the establishment. He hasn't backed down on key issues. He'll still build the wall etc. I mean that you get most political power if the political establishment fears you. One show of nationalist backlash to a party even if that would mean electing a libtard would be a reminder for years to come of what will happen if you embark on a globalist agenda.

2 minutes ago, koneke said:

Trump has embarked on a cooperation strategy with the establishment. He hasn't backed down on key issues. He'll still build the war etc. I mean that you get most political power if the political establishment fears you. One show of nationalist backlash to a party even if that would mean electing a libtard would be a reminder for years to come of what will happen if you embark on a globalist agenda.

He's BUILD a war, not just start one or wage one, will he? That sounds like a very Napoleonic approach to warfare - too bad he's not as bright as Napoleon.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

He's BUILD a war, not just start one or wage one, will he? That sounds like a very Napoleonic approach to warfare - too bad he's not as bright as Napoleon.

He's brighter than Napoleon although Napoleon was a very clever man.

You have Trump derangement syndrome.

I meant a WALL not WAR

10 minutes ago, koneke said:

He's brighter than Napoleon although Napoleon was a very clever man.

You have Trump derangement syndrome.

I meant a WALL not WAR

Trump is brighter than Napoleon? YOU must be the one with some kind of syndrome over Trump if you believe he's brighter than Napoleon.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Trump is brighter than Napoleon? YOU must be the one with some kind of syndrome over Trump if you believe he's brighter than Napoleon.

I don't think Napoleon graduated from Wharton School of Economics. I neither think he had a succesful presidential bid against an opponent who had full control of the media and rich donors and special interests

17 minutes ago, koneke said:

I don't think Napoleon graduated from Wharton School of Economics. I neither think he had a succesful presidential bid against an opponent who had full control of the media and rich donors and special interests

That's a pretty specific, narrow, fine red-line, EXTREMELY contextual standard and bar. With that mentality and logic, you could make ANYONE than ANYONE by stacking the specific descriptive context solely in favour of the one you want to look smarter. I don't go for crap like that either.

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's a pretty specific, narrow, fine red-line, EXTREMELY contextual standard and bar. With that mentality and logic, you could make ANYONE than ANYONE by stacking the specific descriptive context solely in favour of the one you want to look smarter. I don't go for crap like that either.

You were the who started this moronic discussion about who is the smartest. Don't blame me

The closing polls is interesting.  The Tories will probably not achieve the landslide that was first expected.

@wolves@LegolasRedbard

Do you think that Paul Nuttall will step down as leader of UKIP if the election ends up as the polls are predicting (no seats and 5% or maybe even less)?

31 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

The closing polls is interesting.  The Tories will probably not achieve the landslide that was first expected.

Most projection sites still have them on a huge majority though. The polls are closing but the Garden Tax has just been announced as a new possible scandal for Labour so hold on and see if that does anything. 10 days left.

31 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Do you think that Paul Nuttall will step down as leader of UKIP if the election ends up as the polls are predicting (no seats and 5% or maybe even less)?

No, if he did that he'd be stupid. Set the party into further electoral oblivion.

12 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

@wolves@LegolasRedbard

I think that May refusing to debate tonight but still sending the Home Secretary will backfire. Corbyn showing up will only make things worse, following Theresa's car crash interview with Paxman.

Also I think Paul Nuttall will stay on. I like him. He reminds me of my uncle, but more english

I heard that a lot of young people registered to vote.

Is it similar to the States concerning registration before you're even allowed to vote?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-40129826

Looks like Farage was robbed in 2015.  Although, him loosing and staying in the European Parliament might actually be good considering the events that happened after the election.  This might give UKIP a chance to win a seat if the voters punish Mackinlay for his actions.

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

The exit poll shows a hung parliament.

And the SNP on 34