270soft Forum

WIP - 2040 Scenario?

46 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Need name, party, positions, and what you are (i.e Representative, Governor, Senator etc.)

ok i victor  

description latin american former rep and senator and now Gov of florida  republican,

Government Spending: Right

Healthcare: Right

Role of Government: Right

Tax Rate: Right

Social Security: Right

Energy: Right

Immigration: Center Right or Right

Defense Spending: Center Right

Iran: Center

Military Intervention: Center-Right

Education: Right

Unions: Right

Terrorism: Center

Corruption: Center Right

Same-Sex Marriage: Center or Center Left 

Gun Control: Far Right

Free Trade: Center or Center Right

Abortion: Right

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

ok i victor latin american

Is your last name Latin American? It's okay if it is, though it'll be weird hearing news stories like "Latin American makes gaffe on <x>" or "Latin American Wins Debate" etc.

41 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

my name will be Governor David

Gov. Governor David? I can't put nothing for a last name because news stories rely on it.

4 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Is your last name Latin American? It's okay if it is, though it'll be weird hearing news stories like "Latin American makes gaffe on <x>" or "Latin American Wins Debate" etc.

nop this is description.. last name i dont sure for now

Just now, victor1313 said:

nop this is description.. last name i dont sure for now

Alright, well tell me when you can think of a last name. It won't work without it. Keep it in mind it doesn't have to be yours, and it can just be "Raiders1313" or something like that.

2 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Alright, well tell me when you can think of a last name. It won't work without it. Keep it in mind it doesn't have to be yours, and it can just be "Raiders1313" or something like that.

But some people in the world, even today, only have one legal name (some Inuit, Inner Mongolians - but not people from the sovereign nation of Mongolia, strangely, and some ethnicities in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu, to name a few).

5 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

591e2bd1333ed_Screenshot2017-05-1819_14_50.thumb.png.a4cdf3253df4ae90740cc0f98e041890.png

This was very hard to do. Spent every dime I had and more. Might have done better if there wasn't a power-9 scandal a week before the election that I failed to flip (and someone spun to have a -2 slant completely ruining my integrity momentum).

SirFishesalott Ticket: SirLagsalott (me) / @Bruce Fischer

Democratic Ticket: @SalmonD88 / Chelsea Clinton

Republican Ticket: @LegolasRedbard / @Reagan04

Libertarian Ticket: @jvikings1 / Rob Paul

Detailed results: forum scenario amazing win.csv

YAY I'M THE VICE PRESIDENT! I'm the Frank Underwood to your Garrett Walker. :)

On 5/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, jvikings1 said:

What are the positions for the minimum wage?  Also, I recommend adding an issues dealing with drugs/marijuana.

Far-left: The minimum wage should be more than a living wage, it should be as high as the ideal wage.

Left: Make the minimum wage a living wage at $15 per hour.

Center-left: We should raise the minimum wage to create economic growth via trickle-up. $12 an hour.

Center: The minimum wage should be $10 and indexed to inflation.

Center-right: The minimum wage is fine as it is as $7.25 an hour. An increase would hurt employers.

Right: Abolish the federal minimum wage, but allow states to decide what theirs should be.

Far-right: There should be no minimum wage anywhere in the country. Abolish the minimum wage and do not allow states to make minimum wage laws.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

@SirLagsalott

BTW, is same-sex marriage STILL an issue in 2040, here? I'd have thought it'd have faded as such to most like inter-racial and inter-faith marriage has today...

I mentioned earlier on that subject:

On 5/18/2017 at 6:38 AM, SirLagsalott said:

I'm probably going to change a few things like maybe replace same-sex marriage with same-sex couple adoption because I think that's the battleground the social conservatives are going to retreat to on that.

Although, there's a chance it'll end up like abortion is today. But I don't think it will, so eventually I'll replace it with adoption or something.

Just now, SirLagsalott said:

I mentioned earlier on that subject:

Although, there's a chance it'll end up like abortion is today. But I don't think it will, so eventually I'll replace it with adoption or something.

Ah, I must have missed that post.

28 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Although, there's a chance it'll end up like abortion is today

That is very unlikely.

5 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

there is no cruz is going to lose in 2018 unless he is primary challenged.

1. Hispanics swung HARD against the GOP in Texas in 2016.

2. Ted Cruz won the Texas primary with just 43%.

3. Cruz is widely despised even by his own party. 

4. Trump supporters hate Cruz.

5. Cruz will most likely be facing a well financed and popular challenger, Beto O'Rourke. 

6. This is Trump's midterm.

7. Cruz has served only one term in the Senate. He may have name recognition but not an entrenched political organization.

8. Everyone knows Cruz is looking to his next presidential bid.

Of course, I'm no crystal ball. But I think Cruz will have a tough fight in 2018 and I don't expect him to get an easy victory. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he loses. 

4 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

5. Cruz will most likely be facing a well financed and popular challenger, Beto O'Rourke. 

7. Cruz has served only one term in the Senate. He may have name recognition but not an entrenched political organization.

Of course, I'm no crystal ball. But I think Cruz will have a tough fight in 2018 and I don't expect him to get an easy victory. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he loses. 

1. Cruz is more popular with Texas Hispanics than Trump. Plus, Texas Hispanics are a lot more Conservative than others around the country

2. This doesn't really mean anything.  Rubio took almost 18% of the vote which would have mostly gone to Cruz in a 2-way race.

3. Right now, that isn't a bad thing.  Voters are tired of the establishment.  And, with no establishment challenger on the Republican side, this doesn't seem to be a problem.  Additionally, he has popular governor, Greg Abbott on his side.

4. It is difficult to tell this now.  They did right after the Convention, but Cruz eventually endorsed Trump and campaigned for him.  Plus, Cruz has been a valuable ally, along with Rand Paul, in Congress so far.

5. Cruz is well financed as well. Plus, not many people known about O'Rourke.

6. Trump has defied expectations so far.  It is hard to bank on something when he is in office.

7. He is entrenched in Texas politics which is what matters in this race.  His experience in Texas is beyond the Senate.  He was the state's Solicitor General.

8. This argument does not have much success.  It has been tried in places such as Kentucky by Democratic challengers (Jim Gray vs. Rand Paul) and doesn't have much of an effect.

14 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

in the primaary yeah but i think he is going to win a general trump isnt a good fit for trump that why he did so poorly.

14 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

1. Cruz is more popular with Texas Hispanics than Trump. Plus, Texas Hispanics are a lot more Conservative than others around the country

But what about the Raza Unida Party and the Chicano Movement, which both began among Hispanic political activists in Texas and are apparently (according to Wikipedia, at least) still active to some degree or another, and are described as VERY left-wing?

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

But what about the Raza Unida Party and the Chicano Movement, which both began among Hispanic political activists in Texas and are apparently (according to Wikipedia, at least) still active to some degree or another, and are described as VERY left-wing?

That is like saying, "Hey, Black people tend to be rather liberal, but what about the millions of Black Republicans" There will always be exceptions, I'm sure you above anyone that one person in a group doesn't make all. Just like saying, most Muslims in America don't support terror, but look elsewhere in the world where they do.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

That is like saying, "Hey, Black people tend to be rather liberal, but what about the millions of Black Republicans" There will always be exceptions, I'm sure you above anyone that one person in a group doesn't make all. Just like saying, most Muslims in America don't support terror, but look elsewhere in the world where they do.

I know this. I was just a bit surprised at @jvikings1's statement, as, I had also heard an electoral analyst (I can't remember his name or who he worked for) the had said the GOP ONLY controls Texas electorally because huge numbers of Hispanic voters stay home every election. Having NEVER set book in Texas myself, and having only personally met Hispanics from California, Mexico, El Salvador, Chile, and Peru, I must judge the political tendencies of Hispanics in Texas on third hand information.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

I know this. I was just a bit surprised at @jvikings1's statement, as, I had also heard an electoral analyst (I can't remember his name or who he worked for) the had said the GOP ONLY controls Texas electorally because huge numbers of Hispanic voters stay home every election. Having NEVER set book in Texas myself, and having only personally met Hispanics from California, Mexico, El Salvador, Chile, and Peru, I must judge the political tendencies of Hispanics in Texas on third hand information.

venezuelans probable are more right wing hispanics for now

9 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

venezuelans probable are more right wing hispanics for now

I don't believe I've personally met a Venezuelan, or, if I did, I didn't know their country of origin.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I don't believe I've personally met a Venezuelan, or, if I did, I didn't know their country of origin.

Old Cubans are the big Right Wing demographic for Hispanics.

Archived