270soft Forum

WIP - 2040 Scenario?

4 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

No idea what image to use for most of you, but for @wolves and @LegolasRedbard I'm going with forum pictures.

I don't know what image to use for @SalmonD88 or @jvikings1 because Salmon has no forum image and Jvikings is the GOP logo (and that would be a little out of place for a Libertarian candidate).

For @Bruce Fischer I'm going to stick with the Emmanuel Macron winking picture... for reasons.

Also Salmon, what is your gender? Everyone else has it in their forum profile but it's one of the things needed in the game for some reason.

Need positions for JVikings1 too.

What exactly is being done here? Is this like vcczar's scenario a while back where forumers had "avatar candidates", or is it more complex than that, or what? I'm a bit confused.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Patine said:

What exactly is being done here? Is this like vcczar's scenario a while back where forumers had "avatar candidates", or is it more complex than that, or what? I'm a bit confused.

It's based around a story I made leading up to 2040, containing characters from that story, but also populated by the members of the forum. 

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

8 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

It's based around a story I made leading up to 2040, containing characters from that story, but also populated by the members of the forum. 

Yeah like I am the person IRL.

10 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Well, since I consider myself honestly unelectable, and I'm more of a critic of ideologies and candidates and a historian than politician material, I think, if I did fit in, I'd want to be one of those mean, critical, but pointed and educated (not uninformed, vitriolic ranting ones) pundit and interviewer, to be honest.

8 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

http://i.imgur.com/FmDvvPC.jpg

Which set of issues are you using?

This is based on a personal expansion to 2016 I made but never released, so it has all the default 2016 issues but also with Minimum Wage. I'm probably going to change a few things like maybe replace same-sex marriage with same-sex couple adoption because I think that's the battleground the social conservatives are going to retreat to on that.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, since I consider myself honestly unelectable, and I'm more of a critic of ideologies and candidates and a historian than politician material, I think, if I did fit in, I'd want to be one of those mean, critical, but pointed and educated (not uninformed, vitriolic ranting ones) pundit and interviewer, to be honest.

591d79e95e279_Screenshot2017-05-1806_39_12.png.5a527c11b6701918e961321ebaeec439.png

36 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

591d79e95e279_Screenshot2017-05-1806_39_12.png.5a527c11b6701918e961321ebaeec439.png

YES!! Except Patine will be in his 70s. But that is perfect.

11 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

No idea what image to use for most of you, but for @wolves and @LegolasRedbard I'm going with forum pictures.

I don't know what image to use for @SalmonD88 or @jvikings1 because Salmon has no forum image and Jvikings is the GOP logo (and that would be a little out of place for a Libertarian candidate).

For @Bruce Fischer I'm going to stick with the Emmanuel Macron winking picture... for reasons.

Also Salmon, what is your gender? Everyone else has it in their forum profile but it's one of the things needed in the game for some reason.

Need positions for JVikings1 too.

I'm a male, and since I can't find anything to age one of my pics, I just picked the one below. Oh and my rl name is Steve Almond

mattdamoninformant.jpg

591dae1ac18d1_Screenshot2017-05-1810_21_23.thumb.png.580452500734b5fe69669fd41c076253.png

I started 7 days before the election so maybe things would have been a little different with more time. I know not all of you agree with each other but I tried to pack as many forum users into the tickets as possible right now.

Republican Ticket: @Reagan04 / @LegolasRedbard

Democratic Ticket: @SalmonD88 / Chelsea Clinton

SirFishesalott Ticket: @Bruce Fischer / SirLagsalott (me) (also sorry @wolves I put you in the SirFishesalott party so I couldn't include the three of us on this ticket)

Libertarian Ticket: @jvikings1 / Austin Petersen

Trump Ticket: Ivanka Trump / Eric Trump

I can try another test that starts in August or something for more interesting results.

Detailed results: forum free for all.csv

Issues position for my character (using the 2016 game)

Government Spending: Right

Healthcare: Center-right

Role of Government: Right

Tax Rate: Far-Right

Social Security: Right

Energy: Right

Immigration: Center

Defense Spending: Center

Iran: Center (I don't know if this would be an issue in the timeframe of this scenario, so it may need to be replaced)

Military Intervention: Center-Right

Education: Far-Right

Unions: Right

Terrorism: Center

Corruption: Center

Same-Sex Marriage: Center

Gun Control: Right

Free Trade: Center-Left

Abortion: Right

Minimum Wage: Right

Also, I recommend adding an issues dealing with drugs/marijuana.

9 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

5 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

591dae1ac18d1_Screenshot2017-05-1810_21_23.thumb.png.580452500734b5fe69669fd41c076253.png

I started 7 days before the election so maybe things would have been a little different with more time. I know not all of you agree with each other but I tried to pack as many forum users into the tickets as possible right now.

Republican Ticket: @Reagan04 / @LegolasRedbard

SirFishesalott Ticket: @Bruce Fischer / SirLagsalott (me) (also sorry @wolves I put you in the SirFishesalott party so I couldn't include the three of us on this ticket)

Libertarian Ticket: @jvikings1 / Austin Petersen

Trump Ticket: Ivanka Trump / Eric Trump

I can try another test that starts in August or something for more interesting results.

Detailed results: forum free for all.csv

Ok so, First, Patine probably should be Left-leaning. Second, YES I WON, 3rd, make my name John Taylor.

33 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Ok so, First, Patine probably should be Left-leaning. Second, YES I WON, 3rd, make my name John Taylor.

Perhaps, but I'd be fully willing to thrash, excoriate, and lambast left-leaning candidates, too, for many other reasons...

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

@SirLagsalott I would like to be the Republican Governor of NY state. 

economics:conservative

socially:centrist

Ah. I just started another test playthrough, this time starting in August. I'll add you when I'm done.

591e2bd1333ed_Screenshot2017-05-1819_14_50.thumb.png.a4cdf3253df4ae90740cc0f98e041890.png

This was very hard to do. Spent every dime I had and more. Might have done better if there wasn't a power-9 scandal a week before the election that I failed to flip (and someone spun to have a -2 slant completely ruining my integrity momentum).

SirFishesalott Ticket: SirLagsalott (me) / @Bruce Fischer

Republican Ticket: @LegolasRedbard / @Reagan04

Libertarian Ticket: @jvikings1 / Rob Paul

Detailed results: forum scenario amazing win.csv

2 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

@SirLagsalott I would like to be the Republican Governor of NY state. 

economics:conservative

socially:centrist

Looking at the current line-up, you should run as a Perot-style Independent (or the proposed run by Bloomsburg). The Republicans in this line seem VERY right-wing on EVERYTHING...

Just now, Patine said:

Looking at the current line-up, you should run as a Perot-style Independent (or the proposed run by Bloomsburg). The Republicans in this line seem VERY right-wing on EVERYTHING...

I'm part of the new rockfeller republicans:P

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Actually, LegolasRedbard surprised me as a socially left wing and fiscally centrist Republican. But those are hard positions to have in the GOP. It'll play out differently in everyone's game I'm sure but we'll have to see. 

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

I also need to moderate the republicans in this scenario.

Also my position is left on unions

37 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

I'm part of the new rockfeller republicans:P

It'll take the money of a new Rockefeller to successfully run that kind of campaign where the GOP seems headed.... :P

Archived