Jump to content
270soft Forum
wolves

The Politicial Career of the 47th President, Donald J. Trump

Recommended Posts

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

continue to the general election today.

I'll most likely finish it later, I've got some work to do right now which explains the shortness of the last post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, wolves said:

I'll most likely finish it later, I've got some work to do right now which explains the shortness of the last post.

also I just updated that campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 9:48 AM, republicaninnyc said:

continue to the general election today.

Please do not quote an entire, long, post to leave a one sentence response. 

 

Anyway, keep this series up! I love the retrospective and journalistic tone to the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Please do not quote an entire, long, post to leave a one sentence response. 

 

Anyw

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

anyway, keep this series up! I love the retrospective and journalistic tone to the whole thing.

Yes I love this too @wolves, when will the next post be up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also @wolves are you OK? I heard about the explosion in Manchester last night and just saw that that's where you live, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Also @wolves are you OK? I heard about the explosion in Manchester last night and just saw that that's where you live, apparently.

I don't think Wolves is the type to go to an Ariana Grande concert. But I hope he's okay nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

I don't think Wolves is the type to go to an Ariana Grande concert. But I hope he's okay nonetheless.

;)

You never know.

My friend was actually in the MEN Arena (where it was happening) at the time, shes fine though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruce Fischer said:

when will the next post be up?

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Anyway, keep this series up! I love the retrospective and journalistic tone to the whole thing.

Hopefully tomorrow, writing these takes time out of my free-time. (I enjoy it but I definitely enjoy watching netflix more :P )

I have been meaning to get this general election one done but I want it to be a bit longer than some of the latest ones, which have been short compared to when I first started. I've got some serious story developments coming anyway that may shake some things around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wolves said:

Hopefully tomorrow, writing these takes time out of my free-time. (I enjoy it but I definitely enjoy watching netflix more :P )

I have been meaning to get this general election one done but I want it to be a bit longer than some of the latest ones, which have been short compared to when I first started. I've got some serious story developments coming anyway that may shake some things around.

As long as the Reform Party doesn't die and get merged into something else I'll be glad. Even if it is, it's your story and not mine so do want you want with it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Also @wolves are you OK? I heard about the explosion in Manchester last night and just saw that that's where you live, apparently.

People I knew online were asking me similar questions when the that huge Fort McMurray forest fire was happening last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@wolves it's reassuring to know that you're OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

As long as the Reform Party doesn't die and get merged into something else I'll be glad. Even if it is, it's your story and not mine so do want you want with it :P

I was expecting them to die in 2008 but they surprisingly got 5.9% of the vote (I went as Nader and literally just observed through it all)

so maybe they can last a little bit longer, gonna be a struggle for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@wolves Is that Mike Pence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2017 at 1:29 AM, wolves said:

oRY40y4.png

I just realized that, ironically, George W. Bush won the popular vote in 2000 by about 500,000 votes, but lost the state of Florida and thus the electoral college. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bruce Fischer said:

I just realized that, ironically, George W. Bush won the popular vote in 2000 by about 500,000 votes, but lost the state of Florida and thus the electoral college. :P

Turnaround is fair play... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2010 Gubernational Election Pt. 3 - General

GOP-2016-Trump.thumb.jpg.6ea1f25a082b732e010cefbfc7e3a76a.jpg

Mayor Donald Trump during a rally in Elmira, New York.

May 21st was a warm day, Andrew Cuomo called all his advisors to an emergency meeting following a story in the National Review that eventually spread to other publications reporting that he had accepted campaign contributions from representives of the Chinese government. The story said that during several campaign event attended by Chinese officials, Cuomo's staff solicited funds from officials with Cuomo's backing. Cuomo shortly hosted a press briefing that he himself did not take these funds or know that they were taken as he doesn't micromanage his campaign and these funds were not taken by any chinese official knowingly. A few days afterwards, a probe was launched into the Cuomo campaign to investigate if there was foreign collusion.

Cuomo had a huge drop in the polls following this, falling from 35% to 29%. The story, though always in the front of the voters minds began to calm down by mid June following positive news from the Cuomo campaign after his assistance and donation of money to numerous charities, a writer for the New Yorker sarcastically wrote though "We're all wondering if that's really Cuomo's money going to the charities". Cuomo began to claw back in the polls, only to be kicked down everytime there was a new story based around his finance scandal. By late June, Cuomo had retaken the lead in the polls after a scandal emerged about Donald Trump allegedly abusing his former wife Ivana even though she denied it, the Washington Post and New York Times sourced an interview she did years beforehand saying he had become emotionally distant and physically violent. As more came out, including a former girlfriend of Trump's saying he actually raped her, though the evidence was very scarce, Trump had taken another hit and Cuomo another surge in the polls, actually reaching 51%, a 10 point lead over Trump.

After realizing that Trump was in danger, Rick Lazio, previously very hostile to Trump, came out in support saying "We may have our differences, but we're both New Yorkers, and that's what matters". The following week, more news was leaked by people within the intelligence services saying that Cuomo had known all about the transactions. The Washington Post proceeded to call the race very "nasty" and "one of the worst we've seen in a long time".  Cuomo took another slide in the polls with Trump appearing ahead once again but only by 0.2%

By September, Trump was ahead by nearly 5% but this was a fickle lead that could collapse at any moment, after a week, Trump's lead had shortened to 2%. By the time the first and only debate came around, Trump was ahead by barely 1% and this was seen by his campaign as a way to get some breathing space and by Cuomos as a way to push ahead in a race that had become tense and competitive, something he never expected. The debate was characterized as nothing more than "boring". Trump tried to appear as Governor material and clear off all the accusations of abuse and Cuomo tried to appear charismatic and wade off implications that he had recieved foreign contributions after third parties continued to bring it up. No one came out as the victor and Trump stayed at a steady lead in the polls.

gettyimages-519106110_master.thumb.jpg.8a03e6443da7276ab11804fdcafe6692.jpg

Andrew Cuomo and Senator Clinton fight for a $15 minimum wage in a Bronx Rally. October 2010.

Just three days before election day, it is announced that Andrew Cuomo isn't going to be charged with anything. Cheers came from his camp and boos from opposing side, many pundits were uncertain on what this meant, this could go against Cuomo in the way that people felt he needed to be charged or maybe, it could help now that people think Cuomo is innocent, they'll go back to him. Polls just before election day shown that Trump was ahead by 8% after a good week but people were certain that the final result would be closer than that.

As the returns began coming in, Trump was reported to be "nervous". He didn't know how many of his supporters would go back to Cuomo as polls had shown it slightly tightening but at a faster rate than he expected. Initial results shown Trump in a very, very thin lead by barely 10,000 votes before Cuomo overtook him with help from the New York boroughs. Throughout the night, the boroughs became more and more shaky as Brookyln and then Queens swung to Trump. By 10pm, the winner had been projected, Donald J. Trump would be the next Governor of New York and with an impressive portfolio and a dedication to the city and state, people were excited.

254yrxt.png.3c79c7859e506f1eb9093fb1c4eaf50d.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will we get an update (2012 election?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, President Garrett Walker said:

When will we get an update (2012 election?)

He has exams to take. For the same reason, I won't be able to update my Mike Huckabee playthrough for awhile.(Though if I'm lucky I'll have time either Friday or over the weekend).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, republicaninnyc said:

He has exams to take. For the same reason, I won't be able to update my Mike Huckabee playthrough for awhile.(Though if I'm lucky I'll have time either Friday or over the weekend).

Ah OK. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2017 at 10:00 AM, wolves said:

2010 Gubernational Election Pt. 3 - General

GOP-2016-Trump.thumb.jpg.6ea1f25a082b732e010cefbfc7e3a76a.jpg

Mayor Donald Trump during a rally in Elmira, New York.

May 21st was a warm day, Andrew Cuomo called all his advisors to an emergency meeting following a story in the National Review that eventually spread to other publications reporting that he had accepted campaign contributions from representives of the Chinese government. The story said that during several campaign event attended by Chinese officials, Cuomo's staff solicited funds from officials with Cuomo's backing. Cuomo shortly hosted a press briefing that he himself did not take these funds or know that they were taken as he doesn't micromanage his campaign and these funds were not taken by any chinese official knowingly. A few days afterwards, a probe was launched into the Cuomo campaign to investigate if there was foreign collusion.

Cuomo had a huge drop in the polls following this, falling from 35% to 29%. The story, though always in the front of the voters minds began to calm down by mid June following positive news from the Cuomo campaign after his assistance and donation of money to numerous charities, a writer for the New Yorker sarcastically wrote though "We're all wondering if that's really Cuomo's money going to the charities". Cuomo began to claw back in the polls, only to be kicked down everytime there was a new story based around his finance scandal. By late June, Cuomo had retaken the lead in the polls after a scandal emerged about Donald Trump allegedly abusing his former wife Ivana even though she denied it, the Washington Post and New York Times sourced an interview she did years beforehand saying he had become emotionally distant and physically violent. As more came out, including a former girlfriend of Trump's saying he actually raped her, though the evidence was very scarce, Trump had taken another hit and Cuomo another surge in the polls, actually reaching 51%, a 10 point lead over Trump.

After realizing that Trump was in danger, Rick Lazio, previously very hostile to Trump, came out in support saying "We may have our differences, but we're both New Yorkers, and that's what matters". The following week, more news was leaked by people within the intelligence services saying that Cuomo had known all about the transactions. The Washington Post proceeded to call the race very "nasty" and "one of the worst we've seen in a long time".  Cuomo took another slide in the polls with Trump appearing ahead once again but only by 0.2%

By September, Trump was ahead by nearly 5% but this was a fickle lead that could collapse at any moment, after a week, Trump's lead had shortened to 2%. By the time the first and only debate came around, Trump was ahead by barely 1% and this was seen by his campaign as a way to get some breathing space and by Cuomos as a way to push ahead in a race that had become tense and competitive, something he never expected. The debate was characterized as nothing more than "boring". Trump tried to appear as Governor material and clear off all the accusations of abuse and Cuomo tried to appear charismatic and wade off implications that he had recieved foreign contributions after third parties continued to bring it up. No one came out as the victor and Trump stayed at a steady lead in the polls.

gettyimages-519106110_master.thumb.jpg.8a03e6443da7276ab11804fdcafe6692.jpg

Andrew Cuomo and Senator Clinton fight for a $15 minimum wage in a Bronx Rally. October 2010.

Just three days before election day, it is announced that Andrew Cuomo isn't going to be charged with anything. Cheers came from his camp and boos from opposing side, many pundits were uncertain on what this meant, this could go against Cuomo in the way that people felt he needed to be charged or maybe, it could help now that people think Cuomo is innocent, they'll go back to him. Polls just before election day shown that Trump was ahead by 8% after a good week but people were certain that the final result would be closer than that.

As the returns began coming in, Trump was reported to be "nervous". He didn't know how many of his supporters would go back to Cuomo as polls had shown it slightly tightening but at a faster rate than he expected. Initial results shown Trump in a very, very thin lead by barely 10,000 votes before Cuomo overtook him with help from the New York boroughs. Throughout the night, the boroughs became more and more shaky as Brookyln and then Queens swung to Trump. By 10pm, the winner had been projected, Donald J. Trump would be the next Governor of New York and with an impressive portfolio and a dedication to the city and state, people were excited.

254yrxt.png.3c79c7859e506f1eb9093fb1c4eaf50d.png

 

new york third party candidates are weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2017 at 4:20 PM, Presidentinsertname said:

new york third party candidates are weird.

Every time someone quotes a long post to leave the most unnecessary reply, the forum loses a server keeping it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 6:08 AM, wolves said:

Hopefully tomorrow, writing these takes time out of my free-time. (I enjoy it but I definitely enjoy watching netflix more :P )

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 5/24/2017 at 6:08 AM, wolves said:

I have been meaning to get this general election one done but I want it to be a bit longer than some of the latest ones, which have been short compared to when I first started. I've got some serious story developments coming anyway that may shake some things around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×