270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wolves

2012 French National Assembly Elections

So yeah, I've been making this for a while, it's at a point where I think I can post about me making it but I'm really REALLY slow (mainly due to the fact that it's such a big thing also I'm making some scenarios for PI ;) maybe also focused around France)

So yeah, if you want something to get hype for, here you go. Just wait a little bit more. I've got a few more regions left to work on and also policies as well as adding some more candidates in.

3Y0TrTd.png

JUNE 29TH UPDATE - BETA OUT NOW

A month after I promised the release date. Here it is. WIP.

What needs to be added are: Issues and a list of endorsers, rest is pretty much done.

National Assembly 2012.rar

Great!

I might have to buy the Canada edition just for this.  Will you be making a 2017 edition?

Luckily, I own the Canadian version.

5 hours ago, lizarraba said:

Why you made it with the Canadian edition? Now we cant play it, but it looks good.

6 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I might have to buy the Canada edition just for this.

When I started to make the scenario, the UK edition didn't allow editing at the level the Canadian edition did (I started this a while back.)

Ever since, the UK edition has had some improvements (I would have made it for the UK edition if I started it a bit later)

6 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I might have to buy the Canada edition just for this.  Will you be making a 2017 edition?

Maybe :P if I can finish this one in time. I may need to edit the map to show a representation of some more overseas constituencies (hopefully I can transition to the offficial France map by then) and I have about 100 more seats to finish editing as well as adding in additonal candidates.

5 hours ago, lizarraba said:

Why you made it with the Canadian edition? Now we cant play it, but it looks good.

Another of my issues with Anthony's priorities. He updates two games with effectively the same electoral system that scenarios cannot be played and have to bought separately. But, he's dragging his heals on any updated games using MMP, true PR, STV, and other electoral systems collectively used by a majority of national legislative bodies with free-and-fair contested elections in the world today...

15 hours ago, wolves said:

So yeah, I've been making this for a while, it's at a point where I think I can post about me making it but I'm really REALLY slow (mainly due to the fact that it's such a big thing also I'm making some scenarios for PI ;) maybe also focused around France)

So yeah, if you want something to get hype for, here you go. Just wait a little bit more. I've got a few more regions left to work on and also policies as well as adding some more candidates in.

3Y0TrTd.png

which scenarios are you making for PI

7 minutes ago, lizarraba said:

Can you pass me the map, i want to make a scenario for a 2017 french legislative election please.

don't make it for PMI canada

16 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

which scenarios are you making for PI

Some more french ones.

21 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

don't make it for PMI canada

The fact that there's two separate games that use the EXACT same electoral system and the same base game engine, but fan-made scenarios cannot be swapped between them is a serious step down from the PM4E days, when PM4E UK 2005 and PM4E Canada 2008 fan-made scenarios were perfectly compatible between the two, regardless of which it was made for. That, and K4E (Chancellor Forever) actually functionally EXISTING, and the more user-unfriendly scenario creation UI of PI and PMI not being in place and the endless errors and crashes having been mostly resolved makes me often feel that, from the pure perspective of the abilities to make fan-made scenarios as opposed to other features added with PMI or PI, the pure scenario-making aspect seems, at the moment, to have DIMINISHED sharply in quality between the X4E and XI games, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, lizarraba said:

Can you send me the map please?

There's an official scenario coming in a few weeks, you should wait for the map for that tbh.

1 hour ago, wolves said:

There's an official scenario coming in a few weeks, you should wait for the map for that tbh.

Is that perchance Benjamin Disraeli in your avatar, now Wolves?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Is that perchance Benjamin Disraeli in your avatar, now Wolves?

Yep Patine, my favourite prime minister.

2 minutes ago, wolves said:

Yep Patine, my favourite prime minister.

What is your opinion of Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher?

52 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

What is your opinion of Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher?

Winston Churchill is a british hero, no other way to go about it. I live in the North so everyone here is left wing but they adore the guy. Policy-wise, I can't think of much that he did in his second term (first term was solely based around WW2 so) other than making houses easier to live in, boosting pensions and helping young people with employment.

Thatcher is a bit of a divisive prime minister, I like how she changed the conservative party to be more electable and she helped meassively long term but she had a pretty bumpy premiership.

Don't worry! This isn't dead! I'm just busy with school right now and the only 270soft related thing I can do is my play-by-play which is definitely easier than this scenario.

@wolves how is this coming along. also Fan-made PMI Canada scenarios are compatible with PMI - UK.

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

how is this coming along. also Fan-made PMI Canada scenarios are compatible with PMI - UK.

Got exams and stuff this week and next so pretty busy, (would prefer my time not in work or school to not be plagued with work :P) almost done though. Should be releasing the beta in early June

2 hours ago, wolves said:

Got exams and stuff this week and next so pretty busy, (would prefer my time not in work or school to not be plagued with work :P) almost done though. Should be releasing the beta in early June

looking forward to it:) how complete is it?

17 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

how complete is it?

Got the foreigh constituencies to do, which won't take long and then the issues.

then I'm done

@wolves if the overseas constituencies are done I can look up the issues and do them for you.