Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Thatsmyusername

United Nations - Candidates

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about making about some kind of global election campaign for a long time and now with the upcoming popular vote feature I think that I can really make the campaign I wanted to.

I've already started working on it, but I wanted to know from you if these candidates are a good choice or if I should scratch someone, add someone, make someone leader or vice leader. The way the leaders are sorted is the way I wanted to poll them, so for the Conservatives it would be Ban Ki-moon first followed by Angela Merkel and so on. If you think someone should poll higher or lower just let me know.

I also thought about adding an anarchist party with David Graeber, Eduard Limonov, Andrej Grubacic and Brigitta Jonsdottir as candidates, but I couldn't think of any vice leaders for such a party. So, again, just write if you know someone.

Un_candidates.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thatsmyusername said:

I've been thinking about making about some kind of global election campaign for a long time and now with the upcoming popular vote feature I think that I can really make the campaign I wanted to.

I've already started working on it, but I wanted to know from you if these candidates are a good choice or if I should scratch someone, add someone, make someone leader or vice leader. The way the leaders are sorted is the way I wanted to poll them, so for the Conservatives it would be Ban Ki-moon first followed by Angela Merkel and so on. If you think someone should poll higher or lower just let me know.

I also thought about adding an anarchist party with David Graeber, Eduard Limonov, Andrej Grubacic and Brigitta Jonsdottir as candidates, but I couldn't think of any vice leaders for such a party. So, again, just write if you know someone.

Un_candidates.docx

If you're using the official international party affiliations and organizations, it's problematic that United Russia is by far the most powerful political party in the world with absolutely no such affiliations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.4.2017 at 11:54 PM, jvikings1 said:

Good idea, thanks. In that case Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan and Jalal Talabani of Iraq should be candidates of such a party. Any idea for a name for such a party by the way? I can just come up with "Party of Independent Nations" but that's already the name for the right-wing party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.5.2017 at 1:01 AM, Patine said:

If you're using the official international party affiliations and organizations, it's problematic that United Russia is by far the most powerful political party in the world with absolutely no such affiliations.

Nothing in that way, I just grouped international leaders into left-wing, center-left, center-right and right-wing parties. I made Putin a candidate for the right-wing party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thatsmyusername said:

Good idea, thanks. In that case Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan and Jalal Talabani of Iraq should be candidates of such a party. Any idea for a name for such a party by the way? I can just come up with "Party of Independent Nations" but that's already the name for the right-wing party.

Maybe, Party for Unrepresented Nations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎30 at 10:15 AM, Thatsmyusername said:

I've been thinking about making about some kind of global election campaign for a long time and now with the upcoming popular vote feature I think that I can really make the campaign I wanted to.

I've already started working on it, but I wanted to know from you if these candidates are a good choice or if I should scratch someone, add someone, make someone leader or vice leader. The way the leaders are sorted is the way I wanted to poll them, so for the Conservatives it would be Ban Ki-moon first followed by Angela Merkel and so on. If you think someone should poll higher or lower just let me know.

I also thought about adding an anarchist party with David Graeber, Eduard Limonov, Andrej Grubacic and Brigitta Jonsdottir as candidates, but I couldn't think of any vice leaders for such a party. So, again, just write if you know someone.

Un_candidates.docx

It may be worth considering that any realistic elected body on a UN level in any viable timeline would be FAR more likely to be an elected General Assembly than a single apex executive head of any real significant mandate, of which I can't see a SINGLE leader in the world today getting a convincing majority behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

delete

Three deleted (possibly self-censored) posts in a row. That looks ominous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess he posted the same unwanted sentence 3 times.

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Is @LegolasRedbard actually a cyberman?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He posted something in the wrong thread. Not only did he do it once, he did it three times.

17 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

I guess he posted the same unwanted sentence 3 times.

 

 

18 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Is @LegolasRedbard actually a cyberman?

We think of the humans. We think of their difference and their pain. They suffer in the skin. They must be upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.5.2017 at 8:05 PM, Patine said:

It may be worth considering that any realistic elected body on a UN level in any viable timeline would be FAR more likely to be an elected General Assembly than a single apex executive head of any real significant mandate, of which I can't see a SINGLE leader in the world today getting a convincing majority behind them.

Sure, but a presidential election is always more exciting than a legislative one. A real-life president of the world would be just a UN General Secretary with a fancier title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thatsmyusername said:

Sure, but a presidential election is always more exciting than a legislative one.

I'm afraid I, personally, disagree on this point, which, I notice, you stated as an absolute, not as your opinion. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm afraid I, personally, disagree on this point, which, I notice, you stated as an absolute, not as your opinion. :P

Really? I think that to actually have the possibility to vote for real people instead of just a party is more interesting. Well, everyone has his own opinion :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thatsmyusername said:

Really? I think that to actually have the possibility to vote for real people instead of just a party is more interesting. Well, everyone has his own opinion :-)

You do vote for real people in a legislative election, they're called representatives :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lok1999 said:

You do vote for real people in a legislative election, they're called representatives :P

It depends on the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

It depends on the country.

If it were an elected U.N. General Assembly election, you can be damned sure it would be much more candidate- that straight party-based, given the lack of strong bases for broad, unified, decently-organized international-scope parties of any meaningful cohesion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wolves said:

Should do an EU election instead

more

interesting

I actually have some plans for those - even cool maps, especially for the Cold War-era ones (1979-1989), but the way the electoral systems vary subtly to significantly from country to country in the same broad European Parliament election, and, in some cases, different national parties in the same European party competing in the same country and other issues have made it 'difficult' as a project, but I haven't formally given up those ambitions - just shelved them for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×