270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teradact

Hillary BS in Primaries

IDK what is going on but, it seems Clinton has an extremely annoying superpower to jump up in polls with like +20 momentum right before important primaries. What is this? I've had this issue before so I played on easy with fog of war off and it still happened.

Examples: (I was up in all of these states one week ago)

Florida: Clinton (+19.4)

Ohio: Clinton (+26.3)

Illinois (+15.3)

North Carolina (+32.8)

Previously it happened in Texas, Massachusetts, Colorado, and Minnesota.

Edit: Now it's happening in almost every state. I just don't get it.

That's probably because of Undecided voters, all of which are forced to decide on voting day. Normally they're going to go for the more moderate Clinton over the left-wing Sanders.

She might be running lots of ads at that time.  Also, she could have some surrogates campaigning and be getting new endorsements.

14 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

That's probably because of Undecided voters, all of which are forced to decide on voting day. Normally they're going to go for the more moderate Clinton over the left-wing Sanders.

Many times though undecided levels were at near 0%. In PA it was .6% and in CT it was 0%. Her totals went up 8.7 and 10.2 respectively. I agree though it's probably the undecideds that are the cause. Any advice to help defend against this?

1 hour ago, teradact said:

Many times though undecided levels were at near 0%. In PA it was .6% and in CT it was 0%. Her totals went up 8.7 and 10.2 respectively. I agree though it's probably the undecideds that are the cause. Any advice to help defend against this?

What I normally do is make a lot of newspaper ads starting 3 weeks before, probably 4 a week aimed at the state. Mix negative ones with positive ones. I agree Sanders is ridiculously underpowered in the default 2016 scenario.

3 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

What I normally do is make a lot of newspaper ads starting 3 weeks before, probably 4 a week aimed at the state. Mix negative ones with positive ones. I agree Sanders is ridiculously underpowered in the default 2016 scenario.

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

1 minute ago, teradact said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

No problem! Tell me if you need any more tips. :)

Usually the undecideds also decide on momentum, before a primary or caucus, I generally ad bomb and barnstorm for and against myself and an opposing candidate, respectively, and that gets me the W or tie.