Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lok1999

made up country scenario

Recommended Posts

MASSIVE WIP!

Sneak peek of a scenario I am working on, and have currently put in around 11 hours work (I wish there was a quicker way to make these things..)

69d9b5885d28fc5258cb98eaaa85b117.png

comments:

-Seat numbers are correct

-State numbers are placeholders

-Percentages are done for each island island state, as well as States 1, 2, 3, and 5. others do not have any %ages yet.

-Things that currently are at 0% progression: Debates, Endorsements, Events, Interviewers, Relations.

I am planning to release this when it is in a playable state, then do periodic (probably fortnightly) updates to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good.

I made one of these a while ago. I just had trouble coming up with a coherent storyline and concept.

Are there unique issues in this scenario or a story behind it? Not saying it's necessary, but it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Looks good.

I made one of these a while ago. I just had trouble coming up with a coherent storyline and concept.

Are there unique issues in this scenario or a story behind it? Not saying it's necessary, but it helps.

There will eventually. As I said in the OP, I am just trying to make it so it's playable right now, then I'll work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning to release this by the 3rd week of June, so from now until then, I will release small pieces of information about various parts of the scenario.

 

First off the block, a basic overview of the major parties current standings.

- The Democrats have been in power for 11 years, and their leader is as popular as ever, with a 63% approval rating. The party, however, has fallen in the polls since the last election, currently exactly tied with the conservatives in the constituency vote (31.3 to 31.2, DEM advantage)

- The National Conservatives have been rising in the polls since 2013, when they got only 28% of the constituency vote. Their leader has a 42% approval rating.

-The Labour party, which has normally been a centralist party, has taken a massive leap to the left with the election of the newest leader, and seems to have paid off massively for them, going from just 3.4% and 4 seats, to their current polling of 11.2%, and a projected 9 seats, but some analysts believe that if they pull off a perfect campaign, they could reach well into the 20s. Labour is the oldest party, having been in every single federal election, way back when them and the Whigs were the only 2 parties in the elections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, lok1999 said:

I am planning to release this by the 3rd week of June, so from now until then, I will release small pieces of information about various parts of the scenario.

 

First off the block, a basic overview of the major parties current standings.

- The Democrats have been in power for 11 years, and their leader is as popular as ever, with a 63% approval rating. The party, however, has fallen in the polls since the last election, currently exactly tied with the conservatives in the constituency vote (31.3 to 31.2, DEM advantage)

- The National Conservatives have been rising in the polls since 2013, when they got only 28% of the constituency vote. Their leader has a 42% approval rating.

-The Labour party, which has normally been a centralist party, has taken a massive leap to the left with the election of the newest leader, and seems to have paid off massively for them, going from just 3.4% and 4 seats, to their current polling of 11.2%, and a projected 9 seats, but some analysts believe that if they pull off a perfect campaign, they could reach well into the 20s. Labour is the oldest party, having been in every single federal election, way back when them and the Whigs were the only 2 parties in the elections.

Is the Radical Party a radical right-wing or a radical left-wing party, or just a radical reform/change party with an extreme mixed-bag platform?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patine said:

Is the Radical Party a radical right-wing or a radical left-wing party, or just a radical reform/change party with an extreme mixed-bag platform?

Radical Right.

It's is the offshoot of the former Fascist Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say around 75% the way to being in the fully playable state.

It is playable in it's current state, but there are still some things that need to be improved and completed.

 

for example, some constituencies have their incumbent party in, but not any percentages.

 

Most constituencies do not gave candidate names, nor have I worked out how strong they would be, however I can say that Labour will be very strong in the north, as they usually are, and the Democrats strong in the cities, and southern rural areas (another small piece of background)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry that i have not been able to keep to my intended schedule. I have an updated release date of July 10. This gives me room for delays, and also allows me a week of my winter break to try and polish it off as best I can.

 

I currently have all constituency data entered for all but one state (5/34), and the Captial region (14/37).

 

I am also saying at this time that, as this campaign is intended for AV, not FPTP, the results in this might not be as realistic as they are meant to. I am also saying that the very first release will be very messy, with somethings that are still left over from the campaign I used to make it, although that might not be the case depending in the time I end up having available to polish it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my, I seem to have forgotten about this scenario...

I have been so caught up in things that I have had no time to make anymore progress on it. Still, I'll try and finish it and get it released ASAP, so I can start on my next scenario.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lok1999 said:

Oh my, I seem to have forgotten about this scenario...

I have been so caught up in things that I have had no time to make anymore progress on it. Still, I'll try and finish it and get it released ASAP, so I can start on my next scenario.

 

I really want that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I really want that scenario.

I am going to commit myself to finishing it tonight, and probably have it up within 48 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finishing up the percentages right now. While they will not be in the initial versions, I will now be getting on with writing up the blurbs. I have done a first draft of them, and they are fine, except with one problem, they are all in Japanese (I don't know why, so don't ask). So I have to translate them all...

 

This is going to be fun... -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lok1999 said:

I am finishing up the percentages right now. While they will not be in the initial versions, I will now be getting on with writing up the blurbs. I have done a first draft of them, and they are fine, except with one problem, they are all in Japanese (I don't know why, so don't ask). So I have to translate them all...

 

This is going to be fun... -_-

You know Japanese?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

@Reagan04, you've gone from a paleoconservative firebrand to a purveyer of pop-culture references. I'm not sure the change is entirely flattering. :P

Who says I can't be both:P Trust me I am still that firebrand you've grown to love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 0:26 AM, lok1999 said:

I am going to commit myself to finishing it tonight, and probably have it up within 48 hours.

What happened to this, @lok1999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good but the pro Democrat bias is insane just for the sake of it I put all (including labour) other parties into a coalition and the Democrats still won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×