270soft Forum
vcczar

Your Personal Presidential Ranking from our Polls

Our Presidential Polls  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If you have not filled out all the polls, do you plan to do so by Wednesday morning so that you can get a personal presidential ranking? [Read comments before responding]

• I have already filled out all the polls, as you mention in the comments below.
    • Yes, I will fill out the missing polls that you mention below.
    • Yes, I did not do most of the polls, but I will quickly fill them out to get a personal ranking.
    • No, I would like to, but I don't have the time.
    • No, I'm not really interested in getting a personal ranking.
    • I don't know

Hey everyone, I tallied up the regular contestants in our polls, finding 16 of us that did most of the polls. If you want your own personal ranking, based off your responses, then you will have to do the polls that you missed. 

The following people filled out every poll (Thanks!): @vcczar @jnewt @Bruce Fischer @Patine @pilight @michaelsdiamonds

Of those that did most of the polls, here are the presidents that you missed. You'll have to find the polls yourself. I'd like to have the results done by Wednesday morning, so I can tabulate things before my evening class on Wednesday. 

@CalebsParadox You're missing GW Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Coolidge, Harding, Wilson, Taft, McKinley, Cleveland, Harrison, Arthur, Hayes, Fillmore, Pierce. Please let me know if you want to fill these out, and when you do. 

@Conservative Elector 2 You're missing Taylor. Please let me know if you want to fill it out, and when you do. 

@LokiLoki22 You're missing Trump, Obama, Truman, Hoover, Taft, Teddy Roosevelt, McKinley, Arthur, Buchanan, Taylor, Polk, Tyler, Van Buren, Jackson, JQ Adams, Madison, Jefferson, John Adams. For Buchanan, since it was locked by Anthony, please post your answer to question #3 on Buchanan in here, as well as the events/decisions that you approve from Buchanan. Let me know if you plan to fill these polls out, and when you do. 

@SeanFKennedy You're missing Monroe and Harding. Let me know if you want to fill it out, and when you do. 

@Falcon You're missing Carter, B Harrison, Tyler and Van Buren. Let me know if you want to fill it out, and when you do. 

@Reagan04 You are missing everyone after Harding. Of those before Harding, you are missing Taft, Teddy Roosevelt, Arthur, Garfield, Hayes, Grant, and JQ Adams. Let me know if you want to fill it out, and when you do. 

@jvikings1 You are missing B Harrison. Let me know if you want to fill him out, and when you do. 

@Sunnymentoaddict You are missing Trump, Obama, B Harrison, McKinley, Arthur, Fillmore, Tyler, Van Buren, Monroe. Let me know if you want to fill them out, and when you do. 

@victor1313 You are missing Van Buren. Let me know if you want to fill him out, and when you do. 

@servo75 You're missing Madison, JQ Adams, Jackson, Van Buren, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Arthur, Harding, Ford, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama, Trump. Let me know if you want to fill them out, and when you do. 

Of those that didn't fill out most of the polls, such as @Sanser2016 @Dallas @ThePotatoWalrus @TheLastLimo @TheLiberalKitten @TruthOverlord @republicaninnyc @chunkbuster11 and others. Let me know if you plan to fill out the rest of the polls, and when you do. For Buchanan, since Anthony locked the poll, you will have to put your answer for question #3 in here, as well as which event/decisions for Buchanan that you consider positives. 

Thanks everyone for participating. I hope you enjoyed this. I look forward to tabulating our community ranking, as well as individual rankings. Should I have time to do something similar over the summer, I plan on going election by election, and having us do a vote on nominee platforms. 

Done.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, vcczar said:

You're missing Madison, JQ Adams, Jackson, Van Buren, Tyler, Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Arthur, Harding, Ford, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush, Obama, Trump. Let me know if you want to fill them out, and when you do. 

I will get to these ASAP, try by the end of the week.

I'll post how much everyone liked each president as I go through the voting to construct individual presidential rankings. Remember, I'm only tabulating it for those that have filled out all the polls, or said that they would by the end of this week. Anyone else wanting to get an individual ranking will have to tell me how many Event/Decisions you voted for on each president. I'll do the rest. Be warned, it's somewhat time consuming. I'm doing this for 14 people, so I'm not inclined to include anyone running late with their polls. 

George Washington,  in order of most and least Washington-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Washington fanatics

1. @CalebsParadox

2. @jvikings1

3. @vcczar

Tier 2: Generally, Washington supporters

4. @Conservative Elector 2

5. @jnewt

6. @victor1313

7. @Sunnymentoaddict

8. @TheLiberalKitten

9. @Patine

10. @pilight

Tier 3: Generally, Washington opponents

11. @Bruce Fischer

12. @servo75

13. @Falcon

Tier 4: Washington detester

14. @michaelsdiamonds

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'll post how much everyone liked each president as I go through the voting to construct individual presidential rankings. Remember, I'm only tabulating it for those that have filled out all the polls, or said that they would by the end of this week. Anyone else wanting to get an individual ranking will have to tell me how many Event/Decisions you voted for on each president. I'll do the rest. Be warned, it's somewhat time consuming. I'm doing this for 14 people, so I'm not inclined to include anyone running late with their polls. 

George Washington,  in order of most and least Washington-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

1. @CalebsParadox

2. @jvikings1

3. @vcczar

4. @Conservative Elector 2

5. @jnewt

6. @victor1313

7. @Sunnymentoaddict

8. @TheLiberalKitten

9. @Patine

10. @pilight

11. @Bruce Fischer

12. @servo75

13. @Falcon

14. @michaelsdiamonds

It's funny because I don't necessarily consider washington's presidency negative, however, I just don't extol him solely for being the first.

Goes without saying but I filled out everything you needed

9 hours ago, SeanFKennedy said:

Goes without saying but I filled out everything you needed

You're right. I got you and @Sunnymentoaddict mixed up when I was writing down the names from memory. Thanks for clarifying this. I'll put you into my system. 

Ok, here's the redo of Washington with @SeanFKennedy replacing @Sunnymentoaddict. Strangely, you landed in the same place on the Washington list. 

1. @CalebsParadox

2. @jvikings1

3. @vcczar

4. @Conservative Elector 2

5. @jnewt

6. @victor1313

7. @SeanFKennedy

8. @TheLiberalKitten

9. @Patine

10. @pilight

11. @Bruce Fischer

12. @servo75

13. @Falcon

14. @michaelsdiamonds

John Adams,  in order of most and least Adams-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Adams fanatics

None

Tier 2: Generally, Adams supporters

1. @vcczar

2. @CalebsParadox

3. @Conservative Elector 2

Tier 3: Generally, Adams opponents

4. @jvikings1

5. @jnewt

6t. @Patine

6t. @servo75

6t @TheLiberalKitten

6t @SeanFKennedy

6t @pilight

11. @michaelsdiamonds

12. @Falcon

Tier 4: Adams detesters

13. @victor1313

14. @Bruce Fischer 

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

John Adams,  in order of most and least Washington-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Adams fanatics

None

Tier 2: Generally, Adams supporters

1. @vcczar

2. @CalebsParadox

3. @Conservative Elector 2

Tier 3: Generally, Adams opponents

4. @jvikings1

5. @jnewt

6t. @Patine

6t. @servo75

6t @TheLiberalKitten

6t @SeanFKennedy

6t @pilight

11. @michaelsdiamonds

12. @Falcon

Tier 4: Adams detesters

13. @victor1313

14. @Bruce Fischer 

Servo75 is an Adams supporter? He could've fooled me...

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Sorry, for some reason I read him on the wrong list. My wonky sleep schedule is catching up with me... :P

Thomas Jefferson ,  in order of most and least Jefferson-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Jefferson Fanatics

1. @victor1313

2. @Conservative Elector 2

Tier 2: Generally, Jefferson supporters

3. @CalebsParadox

4. @vcczar

5. @jvikings1

6. @jnewt

7. @TheLiberalKitten

8. @Patine

9. @pilight

10. @SeanFKennedy

Tier 3: Generally, Jefferson opponents

11. @Falcon

12. @servo75

13. @Bruce Fischer

14. @michaelsdiamonds

Tier 4: Jefferson detesters

None

19 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

It's funny because I don't necessarily consider washington's presidency negative, however, I just don't extol him solely for being the first.

Yes me too, I really should be Tier 2.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Me too.

I should be Tier 2 for Washington, Tier 3 for Adams, Tier 1 for Jefferson

41 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thomas Jefferson ,  in order of most and least Washington-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Jefferson Fanatics

1. @victor1313

Tier 2: Generally, Jefferson supporters

3. @CalebsParadox

4. @vcczar

5. @jvikings1

6. @jnewt

7. @TheLiberalKitten

8. @Patine

9. @pilight

10. @SeanFKennedy

Tier 3: Generally, Jefferson opponents

11. @Falcon

12. @servo75

13. @Bruce Fischer

14. @michaelsdiamonds

Tier 4: Jefferson detesters

None

How did I get to Tier 3 on Jefferson?  He's near #1 on my personal list.

13 minutes ago, servo75 said:

How did I get to Tier 3 on Jefferson?  He's near #1 on my personal list.

This list is based purely on positive votes on a president's events/decisions. It is possibly you may be in tier 3 on every president. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if you had little taste for Jefferson the president compared to the idealized Jefferson the political scientist, since he routinely operated as president counter to his philosophy. I've read a few books that, while praising Jefferson, also considered him the most hypocritical president, as far as saying one thing, and acting another way. Trump might surpass this though, while not being anywhere near a Jefferson in ability. 

@servo75

I should also add that I'm surprised that 11 of the 14 people in these polls were more approving of Jefferson than you. Also, even if you end up being tier 3 in almost all these president, Jefferson might still be in the top 5 for you. When I give you your individual ranking, it will be organized differently, since I'll be using the part 3 "In general, how do you feel about so-and-so's presidency," which I am not using in this. I'm also going to weigh the president not by raw event/decisions that you checked, but by the % of those that you checked. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if you had little taste for Jefferson the president

I'd so much appreciate if you try not to tell me who I have taste for and who I don't.  Maybe I am hard on a lot of POTUS but I'm 100% sure I checked off positive for Jefferson and honestly you had a lot of choices for all Presidents that were either objectively negatives, like "lost re-election", or positive but had nothing to do with that President.  So if you put "North won the Civil war" in  the choices for Lincoln, I won't check it off because it's not that President's doing.  These are things that are not part of the President's legacy so as I understood the question, they should not be selected.  So may I humbly suggest that maybe your algorithms or selection of choices needs a bit of tweaking.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I've read a few books that, while praising Jefferson, also considered him the most hypocritical president, as far as saying one thing, and acting another way.

Jefferson was mercurial.  He would say one thing, then on another day say the opposite.  You can find a Jefferson quote to support nearly any political position you want to take.

1 minute ago, pilight said:

You can find a Jefferson quote to support nearly any political position you want to take.

To me that's a sign of an open mind, that he's able to appeal to so many.  All great thinkers are mercurial to a degree.  He succeeded a President who was almost the opposite.

James Madison ,  in order of most and least Madison-friendly towards his legacy (event/decision votes only):

Tier 1: Madison fanatics

1. @victor1313

Tier 2: Generally, Madison supporters

3. @CalebsParadox

4. @jvikings1

Tier 3: Generally, Madison opponents

5. @vcczar

6. @Patine

7. @TheLiberalKitten

8. @jnewt

9. @SeanFKennedy