270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dallas

Alabama Senate 2017

Former Governor Robert Bentley's appointment of Luther Strange, the Alabama Attorney General over impeachment hearings that were ultimately delayed, is being questioned. Many citizens across the aisle believes this appointment was a result of Strange's role in the impeachment hearings. While the intent of this election was to occur during the year of 2018, the dynamics have since changed, to "adhere to state law". Acting Alabama Governor Kay Ivey has ordered moving the special election to 2017, in which the successor will serve until 2021. Who is going to succeed former Senator Jeff Sessions?

Maybe I am just a stupid pleb, but i don't find it fun to play heavily one-sided campaigns.

- could be because i still have a trauma after playing Goldwater and getting fewer states than he did historically (hard to do i guess)

@Dallas

Since you're doing a major overhaul of this scenario, would you like these? They're the current official logos of the state affiliates of the two main parties (as opposed to their generic federal logos), cropped to game usability dimensions (you may have to rename the images appropriate to get them to work, though), to give the scenario more of a specifically "Alabama State feel." You can take them or leave them, but I thought I'd offer.

AL_DEM_Logo.bmp

AL_GOP_logo.bmp

7 hours ago, Patine said:

@Dallas

Since you're doing a major overhaul of this scenario, would you like these? They're the current official logos of the state affiliates of the two main parties (as opposed to their generic federal logos), cropped to game usability dimensions (you may have to rename the images appropriate to get them to work, though), to give the scenario more of a specifically "Alabama State feel." You can take them or leave them, but I thought I'd offer.

AL_DEM_Logo.bmp

AL_GOP_logo.bmp

Thank you for those photos! I am beginning work on this, with several differences compared to the Alabama Governor 2018 scenario.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, koneke said:

Maybe I am just a stupid pleb, but i don't find it fun to play heavily one-sided campaigns.

- could be because i still have a trauma after playing Goldwater and getting fewer states than he did historically (hard to do i guess)

I understand where you are coming from, given Democratic primaries in Alabama are not as engaging compared to the Republican primaries. I will try to add "what-if" Democratic candidates, 5 at least (the goal anyway). 

UPDATE: Due to a released poll by potential candidate Mo Brooks, the scenario will be somewhat easier to produce. According to the poll released, Roy Moore place at the top with a very commanding lead, at 30%. Luther Strange placed in 2nd with 20%, and Mo Brooks place in 3rd with low double digits. I plan on adding Mo Brooks to the game, then add these figures for the primaries. All candidates from the Alabama Gubernatorial 2018 scenario, will be included as "What-If" candidates. I am looking at adding more Democrats, though the field will not be as full compared to the Republican field. I hope to have this scenario out once I complete the actions above, or at the longest, soon after the official release of the popular vote feature.

Here is a visual showing the state of the primaries, just a few weeks into the game:

Screenshot_8.png

8 hours ago, Dallas said:

UPDATE: Due to a released poll by potential candidate Mo Brooks, the scenario will be somewhat easier to produce. According to the poll released, Roy Moore place at the top with a very commanding lead, at 30%. Luther Strange placed in 2nd with 20%, and Mo Brooks place in 3rd with low double digits. I plan on adding Mo Brooks to the game, then add these figures for the primaries. All candidates from the Alabama Gubernatorial 2018 scenario, will be included as "What-If" candidates. I am looking at adding more Democrats, though the field will not be as full compared to the Republican field. I hope to have this scenario out once I complete the actions above, or at the longest, soon after the official release of the popular vote feature.

I actually met Mo Brooks on my trip to DC, he was a cool guy.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:31 AM, Reagan04 said:

I actually met Mo Brooks on my trip to DC, he was a cool guy.

That is amazing! He is definitely highly respected in Alabama. 

Please use the popular vote feature

7 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

The official release has not happened yet

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

The official release has not happened yet

when he releases it.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, republicaninnyc said:

Popular vote is currently being used in the general election. I will retain that option for the next official release, and update the option for the primaries, once it is added to the game.