Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

#45 Donald Trump Legacy

Donald Trump's Legacy  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the following Trump decisions/events are positives for his legacy?

    • Appointed his family as close advisers, predominately Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump
    • American's are split on his embrace of the Alt-Right and the appointment of Steve Bannon
    • Cabinet members include Rex Tillerson, Steve Mnuchin, James Mattis, Jeff Session, Betsy DeVos, Rick Perry, Ben Carson, etc.
    • Nominated Neil Gorsuch, who was confirmed after the Senate lowered the bar for confirmation.
    • Advocates the repeal and replacement of Obamacare; failed in his first attempt
    • A proponent of protectionism--the first since Hoover; Unratified the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a multi-lateral free trade deal, and is reconsidering NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
    • Supports the Keystone Pipeline and Dakota Access pipeline
    • Signed deregulation laws for the financial sector
    • Advocates a very strict immigration policy, including the construction of a Wall on Southern border
    • Has launched airstrikes against Syria in response to gas attacks
    • Has made it a purpose to vilify much of the mainstream media ("Fake News"), favoring alternative news sources (Breitbart, InfoWars, etc.)
    • Has made his Twitter account a new method of presidential communication with America and the world.
    • Has strongly sided with the police in the Black Lives Matter movement
    • Unlike Obama, advocates a return to focusing on the War on Drugs
    • Advocates major federal tax cuts
    • Has been more aggressive with our traditional enemies, such as Syria, North Korea, and Russia (despite having been originally considered soft on Russia)
    • Aims to deregulate climate change regulations
    • Signed the Internet Privacy Repeal, which both replaced Obama's protections for internet users and expanded the powers of those seeking information from American internet users.
    • Selected Mike Pence as VP
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Based on what you've seen of Trump's first 100 days, how do you feel about your support or non-support of Trump?

    • I supported Trump in the 2016 election, and he's proven to me that my support is not in vain.
    • I supported Trump in the 2016 election, and he's been surprisingly disappointing; although, I still support him.
      0
    • I supported Trump in the 2016 election, and I expected him to likely be disappointing; although, I still support him.
      0
    • I supported Trump in the 2016 election; however, for one reason or another, I no longer support him.
    • I supported Trump in the 2016 election; however, not only do I not support him anymore, I now wish Clinton had beat him.
      0
    • I did not support Trump in the 2016 election; however, I support him now
    • I did not support Trump in the 2016 election, and I still do not support him.
    • [For Americans of voting age only] I did not vote in the 2016 election or I voted for a 3rd party, and now wish I had cast my vote for Trump.
      0
    • [For Americans of voting age only] I did not vote in the 2016 election or I voted for a 3rd party, and now wish I had voted for Clinton as a means to defeat Trump.
      0
  3. 3. In general, your opinion of Trump's presidency is...



Recommended Posts

@Patine @jvikings1 @Reagan04 @Dallas @Sanser2016 @CalebsParadox @lok1999 @jnewt @ThePotatoWalrus  @SiorafasNaCillini @servo75 @Presidentinsertname @Falcon @Take Me to La Riva @TheMiddlePolitical @Zach @Sunnymentoaddict @streiner @Conservative Elector 2 @Jayavarman @SeanFKennedy @QuickHead555 @goTBrays @warren2016 @victor1313 @TheLiberalKitten @Biden Should've Run @wolves @Socialist Bernie @Mordechai @michaelsdiamonds @chunkbuster11 @admin_270 @VanMav @pilight

Here's the new poll, which will be used towards a forum ranking. 

All previous presidents have polls in this forum with the number of their presidency before their name.

Please take these polls if you have not done so already. 

If anyone needs clarification/definition of an event/decision, then I'll be glad to provide one. 

****NOTE: IF YOU COULD NOT TAKE THE JAMES BUCHANAN POLL, PLEASE LOOK AT THE QUESTIONS AND LET ME KNOW WHICH EVENTS/DECISIONS (IF ANY) YOU AGREE WITH AS WELL AS YOUR ANSWERS TO QUESTION 2 and 3. You can PM me. THANKS! (I need one more vote)**** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that Trump is to blame for the failure of the Obamacare replacement.  I mostly blame Paul Ryan for trying to ram it through without speaking to the different factions and getting an agreed to plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I don't think that Trump is to blame for the failure of the Obamacare replacement.  I mostly blame Paul Ryan for trying to ram it through without speaking to the different factions and getting an agreed to plan.

To me it seems like Trump was trying to rush it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, vcczar said:

To me it seems like Trump was trying to rush it. 

I don't know why, the plan the congressional GOP was pushing is nothing like what Trump campaigned on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pilight said:

I don't know why, the plan the congressional GOP was pushing is nothing like what Trump campaigned on

Maybe he wanted it to fail, so he could try his own plan as the "improved" version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

Maybe he wanted it to fail, so he could try his own plan as the "improved" version

That would be quite Machiavellian... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So every president has 12 votes. Thanks everyone for participating. I'll have a community ranking (it will be different kinds of rankings, actually) up at some point within a week. 

Secondly, all participants who vote on every president will get an individual ranking. If you've done nearly all the polls, but missed a few, I'll let you know who you are missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

So every president has 12 votes. Thanks everyone for participating. I'll have a community ranking (it will be different kinds of rankings, actually) up at some point within a week. 

Secondly, all participants who vote on every president will get an individual ranking. If you've done nearly all the polls, but missed a few, I'll let you know who you are missing. 

Did I miss any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Did I miss any?

I'll let you know if you are. It may take me a couple of days to go through every poll and see who hasn't taken what poll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Was looking at how people voted, and was surprised to see that @Patine said he was in favor of the pipelines. Was this an accidental click, or do you actually support it? :P 

I live in Alberta. Draw your conclusions from that. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

I live in Alberta. Draw your conclusions from that. :P

I live in Texas with family members in the oil business, and despite that, I generally oppose legislation that favors oil companies over communities or environment. If the legislation is harmless to communities or the environment, then I'll probably support it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I live in Texas with family members in the oil business, and despite that, I generally oppose legislation that favors oil companies over communities or environment. If the legislation is harmless to communities or the environment, then I'll probably support it. 

I will admit, I would prefer if the pipeline's route were better planned so as not to plow through places like Native American sacred sites, and all land for it was already State or Federal land or sold willingly for a reasonable price, with no eminent domain, but such fine details weren't included in the stated issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wolves said:

Feels too early to say.

"Historians see everything in perfect, eagle-eye retrospect. Us journalists must get a feel for how the wind is blowing today," Walter Cronkite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patine said:

"Historians see everything in perfect, eagle-eye retrospect. Us journalists must get a feel for how the wind is blowing today," Walter Cronkite.

But if we're talking about legacy, looking at it retrospectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably checked off more "positives" for Trump than any other that I remember.  I wonder if that has more to do with the fact that prior to Reagan, I can only go by what I've read, but I've followed the news every day since the campaign began, and thus am more familiar with those events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, servo75 said:

I probably checked off more "positives" for Trump than any other that I remember.  I wonder if that has more to do with the fact that prior to Reagan, I can only go by what I've read, but I've followed the news every day since the campaign began, and thus am more familiar with those events.

I don't see what's so "positive" about a President whose electoral campaign and tone of governance is almost entirely "negative," in terms of political attitude and theme terminology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...