270soft Forum

WIP - New York 2010 Gubernatorial election

Being that this election was a very important one for NY as it came after the resignation of Eliot Spitzer i decided to make a scenario for it.right now i'm most of the way done(I'm trying to get a bug with the primaries fixed).Here's a screenshot from the latest build.big htanks to @victor1313 for setting up the regions and population

nygovscreenshot.JPG

Right now the candidates are

(R)Rick Lazio

(R)Carl Paladino

(R) Rudy Giuliani

(D) Andrew Cuomo

(D) David Paterson

(L) Warren Redlich

(G) Howie Hawkins

(rent is too damn high) Jimmy Mcmillan

(Freedom) Charles Barron

(anti-prohibition) Kristin Davis

please give some suggestions for candidates,issues and events that i can include.

Looks good!

For candidates, I'd recommend:

(R) Donald Trump

(D) Hillary Clinton

(I) Michael Bloomberg

I know they're all in the 2016 scenario already. But all of them were the focus of speculation for Governor and have important NY ties.

22 hours ago, republicaninnyc said:

Being that this election was a very important one for NY as it came after the resignation of Eliot Spitzer i decided to make a scenario for it.right now i'm most of the way done(I'm trying to get a bug with the primaries fixed).Here's a screenshot from the latest build.

nygovscreenshot.JPG

Right now the candidates are

(R)Rick Lazio

(R)Carl Paladino

(R) Rudy Giuliani

(D) Andrew Cuomo

(D) David Paterson

(L) Warren Redlich

(G) Howie Hawkins

(rent is too damn high) Jimmy Mcmillan

(Freedom) Charles Barron

(anti-prohibition) Kristin Davis

please give some suggestions for candidates,issues and events that i can include.

I believe the Conservative, Liberal, New York Independence, and Working Families Parties had primary candidates running effectively against the cross-endorsed ones, ready to run those parties on their own tickets. They could possibly be put as 'off by default.'

2 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Looks good!

For candidates, I'd recommend:

(R) Donald Trump

(D) Hillary Clinton

(I) Michael Bloomberg

I know they're all in the 2016 scenario already. But all of them were the focus of speculation for Governor and have important NY ties.

And I agree with these as well. They were already 'what-if's' (along with former Governor Pataki), in my original idea for this.

20 hours ago, Patine said:

I believe the Conservative, Liberal, New York Independence, and Working Families Parties had primary candidates running effectively against the cross-endorsed ones, ready to run those parties on their own tickets. They could possibly be put as 'off by default.'

Until the ability to make coalitions is added to PI I thought that the best think to do was to set up the party endorsements as automatically endorsing surrogates(these minor parties would be given a lot of power if made surrogates,this is my solution for the first beta build).

• 3 weeks later...

The first beta version has been released.I will soon release an update that adds the conservative,liberal,independence and Working families parties as well as

(R) Donald Trump

(R) Steve Levy

(D) Hillary Clinton

(I) Michael Bloomberg

I figured that it's time that i release a beta version for people to play since I began work on this close to a month ago.

It can be found here: http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/05/10/new-york-2010-governor-beta/

Archived