270soft Forum

UK European Union Referendum 2016

daons

I have had a stroke of luck,

I designed a personal EU referendum in PMI where you campaigned in each counting area (all 382 counting areas / 398 including the N. Ireland constituencies) the results were always wonky as the leave campaign had a strong lead in counting areas. With the release of the sneak peak for PI, I thought let's import it and see what happens with the Pop. Vote option turned on?

Good news, a working scenario :)

The release will be once the full update is finalised to include AI strategy and any bugs that may have arisen but I will upload some screenshots now so so can see what it will look like. The polling data is the official result from the electoral commission but rounded to the nearest 5% with 20% undecided to reflect the unknown nature of the campaign.

It is likely the campaign will need tweaking as I had to bias it to remain to counter the large lead by counting area that leave had.

On election night the counting areas declare on an individual basis according to the estimated times provided to the Electoral Commission but you cant view the individual results until you export them once the night is over.

eu_ref_main_screen.JPG

eu_ref_counting_areas.JPG

eu_ref_start.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, daons said:

I have had a stroke of luck,

I designed a personal EU referendum in PMI where you campaigned in each counting area (all 382 counting areas / 398 including the N. Ireland constituencies) the results were always wonky as the leave campaign had a strong lead in counting areas. With the release of the sneak peak for PI, I thought let's import it and see what happens with the Pop. Vote option turned on?

Good news, a working scenario :)

The release will be once the full update is finalised to include AI strategy and any bugs that may have arisen but I will upload some screenshots now so so can see what it will look like. The polling data is the official result from the electoral commission but rounded to the nearest 5% with 20% undecided to reflect the unknown nature of the campaign.

It is likely the campaign will need tweaking as I had to bias it to remain to counter the large lead by counting area that leave had.

On election night the counting areas declare on an individual basis according to the estimated times provided to the Electoral Commission but you cant view the individual results until you export them once the night is over.

eu_ref_main_screen.JPG

eu_ref_counting_areas.JPG

eu_ref_start.JPG

How is this going?

2 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I imagine that it is an observation party

Yes, E.C. is the electoral commission and is designed as an observer. I felt it fitted better than having one called The observer party.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:28 PM, daons said:

It is playable but I am going to wait until the AI has been updated for the pop. vote feature so I can see how it plays out re events and advertisements.

just make sure to remove them from the ballot because I don't think anyone's voting for the electoral commission;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the time, could you make it in both?  I have some friends who play President Infinity but don't have Prime Minister Infinity who are interested in Playing a Brexit campaign.

Archived