270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  

coalition offers

While scanning through the PI xml files I noticed some interesting things in relation.xml particularly the following lines

<coalition_offers>0</coalition_offers>
    <endorsement_offers>1</endorsement_offers>
    <non_aggression_offers>1</non_aggression_offers>
    <viceleader_offers>1</viceleader_offers>

notice the coalition offers value.I tried to change the value but it isn't working.can you please see if they're is a way to make it work.

Just like the preference voting file, I assume it's a vestigial part of the program now that it has been split into multiple versions. Coalitions are only in PMI as far as I know. Because they all run on the same engine some files are shared even if they aren't used in the same way.

is there a way to simulate it in president infinity? It's because i'm thinking about making an Israeli Knesset(parliament) Election that has coalitions which is why I ask.

5 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

is there a way to simulate it in president infinity? It's because i'm thinking about making an Israeli Knesset(parliament) Election that has coalitions which is why I ask.

The Knesset by PI? I think that'd be entirely the wrong game engine. The Knesset is a parliament, not a single executive person in one apex position. I'm becoming leery of many people on these forums wanting to do parliamentary, legislative, and congressional elections inexplicably by PI when better game engines (if Anthony goes through with many of the suggestions for them I've been hounding him about endlessly, especially) are far more appropriate to use - or, should, I say appropriate period. That's just my personal opinion, but that's where I stand.

20 hours ago, Patine said:

The Knesset by PI? I think that'd be entirely the wrong game engine. The Knesset is a parliament, not a single executive person in one apex position. I'm becoming leery of many people on these forums wanting to do parliamentary, legislative, and congressional elections inexplicably by PI when better game engines (if Anthony goes through with many of the suggestions for them I've been hounding him about endlessly, especially) are far more appropriate to use - or, should, I say appropriate period. That's just my personal opinion, but that's where I stand.

Let me please explain how I intend to simulate the knesset system that's not implemented in any of the 270soft games since it's a  very different system and I forgot to post how i intended to simulate it.

Since the election is determined by popular vote then seats are assigned based on the popular vote whoever wins the popular vote by definition,gets more seats.

I will be having a first round-election with all the parties and using the two-round system (which Anthony confirmed is like when a candidate in the primaries drops out and endorses or doesn't endorse) so that various parties will endorse others creating an imaginary coalition.Then i'll have a second round the day after the first election(don't want to do it on the same day in case it causes an issue.)

If I did do a knesset election that's how it'd be implemented.I think it's the best way to simulate it given that the system used in Israel is not implemented(to my knowledge) in any 270soft game.

1 minute ago, republicaninnyc said:

Let me please explain how I intend to simulate the knesset system that's not implemented in any of the 270soft games since it's a  very different system and I forgot to post how i intended to simulate it.

Since the election is determined by popular vote then seats are assigned based on the popular vote whoever wins the popular vote by definition,gets more seats.

I will be having a first round-election with all the parties and using the two-round system (which Anthony confirmed is like when a candidate in the primaries drops out and endorses or doesn't endorse) so that various parties will endorse others creating an imaginary coalition.Then i'll have a second round the day after the first election(don't want to do it on the same day in case it causes an issue.)

If I did do a knesset election that's how it'd be implemented.I think it's the best way to simulate it given that the system used in Israel is not implemented(to my knowledge) in any 270soft game.

Ah, I think I understand. To my knowledge, it's only one of two sovereign nations that uses that type of system (the other being post-Apartheid South Africa, which I, myself, have had some interest in doing scenarios for), though I believe a number of overseas dependencies of several European nations that still linger to this day use a very similar system too, but Israel and post-Apartheid South Africa are the only SOVEREIGN nations that do, to my knowledge.

Just now, Patine said:

Ah, I think I understand. To my knowledge, it's only one of two sovereign nations that uses that type of system (the other being post-Apartheid South Africa, which I, myself, have had some interest in doing scenarios for), though I believe a number of overseas dependencies of several European nations that still linger to this day use a very similar system too, but Israel and post-Apartheid South Africa are the only SOVEREIGN nations that do, to my knowledge.

Sorry I confused you Patine.