270soft Forum
jvikings1

John McCain-Rand Paul Dispute

https://youtu.be/-LGGT2x9_uM

What was John McCain thinking?

11 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

What was John McCain thinking?

He wasnt, he and RBG really need to retire.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

He wasnt, he and RBG really need to retire.

@jvikings1 @Reagan04

I think there should be a federal retirement age of either 70 or 80. They could still be called in for advice, think-tanking, etc. I also think there should be term-limits for Congress. Sad to see McCain and Rand Paul fighting, when I want them to team up on Trump. 

Dangit John, every time I start to respect you, you do something unreasonable enough for me to lose that respect. Every. Single. Time...

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think there should be a federal retirement age of either 70 or 80.

age.PNG

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA

(I circled Clinton's age because she needs to retire too, at least from national politics. I'm fine with her running for mayor of NYC or Governor of NY or Senate or anything else, just not the Presidency)

(Also did Google's algorithms purposely find a picture of Trump making the most smug, jerkish face humanly possible and use it for this search result? :P I mean he looks like Jabba the Hutt)

15 minutes ago, Bruce Fischer said:

Dangit John, every time I start to respect you, you do something unreasonable enough for me to lose that respect. Every. Single. Time...

age.PNG

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA

(I circled Clinton's age because she needs to retire too, at least from national politics. I'm fine with her running for mayor of NYC or Governor of NY or Senate or anything else, just not the Presidency)

(Also did Google's algorithms purposely find a picture of Trump making the most smug, jerkish face humanly possible and use it for this search result? :P I mean he looks like Jabba the Hutt)

I'd even have it apply to Bernie Sanders, who I voted for in the primary. 

Well, I think this has finally put him in the limelight instead of making him the one republican that democrats will parade around as "that veteran who HATES donald trump!"

John McCain and this entire Russia fiasco will just birth a new form of McCarthyism and stop cooperatation between the West and East that Reagan was striving for, Reagan would be rolling over in his grave to see modern day Republicans stopping Trump from trying to form relations.

2 minutes ago, wolves said:

Well, I think this has finally put him in the limelight instead of making him the one republican that democrats will parade around as "that veteran who HATES donald trump!"

John McCain and this entire Russia fiasco will just birth a new form of McCarthyism and stop cooperatation between the West and East that Reagan was striving for, Reagan would be rolling over in his grave to see modern day Republicans stopping Trump from trying to form relations.

But would Reagan see eye-to-eye with Trump on all things.

Reagan - "Tear down this wall!"

Trump - "We're going to build a wall! It's going to be great! It really is! And we're going to make the Mexicans pay for it!"

:P

Although I like McCain  this has gone way too far.

11 hours ago, Patine said:

Trump - "We're going to build a wall! It's going to be great! It really is! And we're going to make the Mexicans pay for it!"

lol not gonna lie wasnt expecting that

Is it gauche to quote your own tweet? No matter. This was my hot take when i hard about this flap:

On 3/17/2017 at 2:53 AM, Patine said:

a little old but trump want to build a wall to keep peope out reagan wanted a wall that was built to keep people in torn down.

12 minutes ago, Presidentinsertname said:

a little old but trump want to build a wall to keep peope out reagan wanted a wall that was built to keep people in torn down.

You obvious neither write (nor read extensively) either poetry or prose if you can't appreciate just a simplistic use of dramatic and literary license. And your grammar bites. What grade did you drop English in?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

You obvious neither write (nor read extensively) either poetry or prose if you can't appreciate just a simplistic use of dramatic and literary license. And your grammar bites. What grade did you drop English in?

*obviously

On 3/17/2017 at 12:01 AM, vcczar said:

@jvikings1 @Reagan04

I think there should be a federal retirement age of either 70 or 80. They could still be called in for advice, think-tanking, etc. I also think there should be term-limits for Congress. Sad to see McCain and Rand Paul fighting, when I want them to team up on Trump. 

SO Agree.