270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lucas_Toledo__

France - 2017

I, with the help of you reading this post, want to make the scenarios of the French Presidential Elections of 2017.

Some questions:

1: Issues. Which ones to use?
2: Map. Which one to use? Should I include the overseas departments?
3: Candidates. Which are?
4: Scenario Interface. What

I would love to hear from you. I await your reply.

Att, Lucas.

6 minutes ago, JDrakeify said:

Seeing as an official version is currently in development, I wouldn't bother.

I don't let that bother me myself. If I feel I can approach a historical election in a way, or include things an official or earlier fan-made election skipped, or make the experience better, I feel no inhibitions on the issue, as long as I actually am adding or improving something, or taking a new spin on it and it's not just a carbon copy.

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

I don't let that bother me myself. If I feel I can approach a historical election in a way, or include things an official or earlier fan-made election skipped, or make the experience better, I feel no inhibitions on the issue, as long as I actually am adding or improving something, or taking a new spin on it and it's not just a carbon copy.

I can see why one might try and improve upon on someone elses scenario (I've done it a few times myself) but wouldn't it be better to wait till a scenario is released, so you are aware of what needs to be changed, especially in this scenario as the proper electoral system wont be available till the official versions release.

14 minutes ago, JDrakeify said:

I can see why one might try and improve upon on someone elses scenario (I've done it a few times myself) but wouldn't it be better to wait till a scenario is released, so you are aware of what needs to be changed, especially in this scenario as the proper electoral system wont be available till the official versions release.

Ah grasshopper, that statement shows you haven't been on these forums very long...

Truth be told, there is no official protocol or standing rule on these kind of things.

On 15/03/2017 at 6:43 PM, Patine said:

Ah grasshopper, that statement shows you haven't been on these forums very long...

Truth be told, there is no official protocol or standing rule on these kind of things.

Patine, what issues I use in the scenario?

While an official version is in development and I agree with JDrakeify with the fact of the proper electoral system not being there, the problem is that the creator actually has a  life and a job and it probably won't be ready for a long time.

4 hours ago, Lucas_Toledo__ said:

Patine, what issues I use in the scenario?

I'm not someone who has P4E 2008 but I saw this and it peaked my interest, I'm a big fan of French Politics (my profile picture on this forum is of a young Nicolas Sarkozy interacting with former President Chirac when he was mayor of Paris) I'm not good with issues at all, I'm horrible with this in fact but I can recommend a few.

Multiculturalism

Labour Law (left would support, right would oppose, left would suppose due to workers rights, centre-right might support due to strengthening hiring power, far right would oppose)

Taxes (big problem in France)

Terrorism

Freedom of Religion

Welfare

Healthcare

Penelopegate (this might be picky but by the time the OFFICIAL campaign started in Feb, this was an ongoing issue)

EU/Brexit

I'm not good with issues but those are the ones off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, wolves said:

While an official version is in development and I agree with JDrakeify with the fact of the proper electoral system not being there, the problem is that the creator actually has a  life and a job and it probably won't be ready for a long time.

I'm not someone who has P4E 2008 but I saw this and it peaked my interest, I'm a big fan of French Politics (my profile picture on this forum is of a young Nicolas Sarkozy interacting with former President Chirac when he was mayor of Paris) I'm not good with issues at all, I'm horrible with this in fact but I can recommend a few.

Multiculturalism

Labour Law (left would support, right would oppose, left would suppose due to workers rights, centre-right might support due to strengthening hiring power, far right would oppose)

Terrorism

Freedom of Religion

Welfare

Healthcare

Penelopegate (this might be picky but by the time the OFFICIAL campaign started in Feb, this was an ongoing issue)

EU/Brexit

Freedom of Religion might be too broad.  Islam might be better because it is more focused.

2 hours ago, wolves said:

Multiculturalism

Terrorism

Freedom of Religion

Welfare

Healthcare

EU/Brexit

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Freedom of Religion might be too broad.  Islam might be better because it is more focused.

I don't know if "French Language" would be one - I know it's a perennial one in France even before immigration, Islam, and the viability of the EU were big on the political docket.

2 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I mean, I don't really know tbh, I'm saying this because I know there were a lot of protests by Catholics in 2012 about gay marriage and obviously islam is something that France are taking very seriously.

4 hours ago, wolves said:

Multiculturalism

Terrorism

Freedom of Religion

Welfare

Healthcare

EU/Brexit

Not sure an ongoing scandal like Penelopegate is really best expressed as an issue, it would be better done through adding a string of events that hurt Fillon and by ratcheting up his corruption stat.

Just now, JDrakeify said:

Not sure an ongoing scandal like Penelopegate is really best expressed as an issue, it would be better done through adding a string of events that hurt Fillon and by ratcheting up his corruption stat.

I agree with this but I don't really know how P4E works.

Frexit!

I would like suggestions for images for each of the issues, and also an exemplification of each, from the far-left to the far-right.

Also, I wonder if it would be relevant if you put the primary of the LR and the PS. And if I should put the party Europe Ecologie - Les Verts; Who held primaries, but withdrew the candidacy of Yannick Jadot to support Benoît Hamon.

I want to know if it would be legal to use the map with the new reformulation of the French regions.