270soft Forum
james_bond72

How to make PR work in Congress Infinity

I try on a US house scenario to make it PR and not FPTP but it seem it dosen't work. 

I change the 435 ''seats'' to 50 with the number of Congressman in each state with the specification PR.

The game work but it is always the ''winner take all''!?

Sorry for the poor writing, english is not my first language.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

There is no PR functionality currently within Congress Infinity. It might be added at some point in the future, but no ETA if it is added.

Because, as I've often said, CI is admin_270's least-loved child (unless you include K4E, whose whole electoral, which is used for a majority of national legislative bodies in some variant or another around the world in nations with free and fair contested elections, is not even possible to do at all, by itself or with PMI, in the modern game engines, and is also a neglected child). I've often been chiding him about what I feel are lop-sided priorities and not fully capitalizing on the stellar base engine he has here, but he always brushes me off with platitudes... :S

@Patine

K4E isn't in active development, or maintenance. However, CI is very much so in active development, but adding PR is simply outside the scope of the game's core functionality. As far as I can tell in terms of demand, PR for CI is a nice-to-have, not a must-have. There are a lot of features that are nice to have, but time is limited. For every person who really would like to tinker with the Hare-Niemeyer system, there are probably 10 who would appreciate a new official U.S. historical campaign, or better AI, and so on.

Having said all that, PR across all the active games is much closer now that direct popular vote is being added to PI. Like I said, it might be added at some point in the future.

30 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Patine

K4E isn't in active development, or maintenance. However, CI is very much so in active development, but adding PR is simply outside the scope of the game's core functionality. As far as I can tell in terms of demand, PR for CI is a nice-to-have, not a must-have. There are a lot of features that are nice to have, but time is limited. For every person who really would like to tinker with the Hare-Niemeyer system, there are probably 10 who would appreciate a new official U.S. historical campaign, or better AI, and so on.

Having said all that, PR across all the active games is much closer now that direct popular vote is being added to PI. Like I said, it might be added at some point in the future.

If I were to make 100 000 dummy accounts and have each buy a copy of CI and PMI and demand PR/MMP mechanics (and promptly declare bankruptcy and go to the poor house), would that change your priorities, hypothetically speaking? :P

14 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Patine what is K4E

Chancellor Forever. A version of the older Prime Minister games that had the MMP rather than FPTP or the Australian alternate vote electoral system built in.

23 hours ago, Patine said:

Chancellor Forever. A version of the older Prime Minister games that had the MMP rather than FPTP or the Australian alternate vote electoral system built in.

I own Chancellor Forever, I was unaware that there was a "K" in the abrev is all;)

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I own Chancellor Forever, I was unaware that there was a "K" in the abrev is all;)

The "K" (for Kanzler, the German word for Chancellor) was added when the original Congress Forever was announced to differentiate them.