270soft Forum
Sebor13

Weird Convention Issue

Similar to this thread, I had an issue at the Republican Convention.

I was playing Nikki Haley and had ~950 electors, with Jeb Bush in second place with only 430. Bobby Jindal, with under 100 electors, received every single dropout candidate except for three. Cruz got one with about 100 and Jeb got two around 100*. Jindal's lead gave him just under enough to get the nomination. With ~950, I ended up in third place and was voted out despite having normal relations with everybody.

I think there's something in the code that favors Jindal over all others. I can see no other way that he could go from having dropped out in mid-April to the nominee.

You mentioned a negotiation mechanic at the convention and I would absolutely love that.

Edit:* To specify, this was counting up until there were four left. Cruz's electors went to Bush and that put him above me but under Jindal, putting me in third.

53 minutes ago, Sebor13 said:

Similar to this thread, I had an issue at the Republican Convention.

I was playing Nikki Haley and had ~950 electors, with Jeb Bush in second place with only 430. Bobby Jindal, with under 100 electors, received every single dropout candidate except for three. Cruz got one with about 100 and Jeb got two around 100*. Jindal's lead gave him just under enough to get the nomination. With ~950, I ended up in third place and was voted out despite having normal relations with everybody.

I think there's something in the code that favors Jindal over all others. I can see no other way that he could go from having dropped out in mid-April to the nominee.

You mentioned a negotiation mechanic at the convention and I would absolutely love that.

Edit:* To specify, this was counting up until there were four left. Cruz's electors went to Bush and that put him above me but under Jindal, putting me in third.

I would check in the editor to see the relationiships. Jindal might be set to very good for everyone or something. 

Might I suggest that since Jindal normally drops from the race early, but after winning some delegates, he rarely takes part in the slugfest of negative ads that kills every republican relationships between each other.

It's the same in my last 3 games, Jindal got the nomination after being like 10th at convention start.

Morale of the story, research scandals on Jindal early enough ;P