Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jvikings1

Merry Christmas

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to send Christmas wishes to everyone who is active right now.  I know that politics can be polarizing at times, but today we can come together and celebrate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas! I hope that everyone is getting in some time with friends and family, and having fun celebrating a religious holiday if they have them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas to all of you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

"And man shall live forevermore, because of Christmas Day!" -Harry Belafonte

He rules the world with grace and peace! I grant you all the Blessings of the LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, Merry Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

"And man shall live forevermore, because of Christmas Day!" -Harry Belafonte

He rules the world with grace and peace! I grant you all the Blessings of the LORD and Savior Jesus Christ, Merry Christmas!

god bless you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

god bless you

And you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I just wanted to send Christmas wishes to everyone who is active right now.  I know that politics can be polarizing at times, but today we can come together and celebrate.

Merry Christmas! I just wish I could escape the hard commercialism that now strongly surrounds Christmas in the Western World. Of all of the religions in history, only modern Western Christianity and Roman Polytheism at the height of the Empire ever allowed the holiest days on their calendar to become shameless baulderized carnivals of spectator greed.

 

Anyways, that being said, I hope you all enjoy your Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patine said:

 I just wish I could escape the hard commercialism that now strongly surrounds Christmas in the Western World. Of all of the religions in history, only modern Western Christianity and Roman Polytheism at the height of the Empire ever allowed the holiest days on their calendar to become shameless baulderized carnivals of spectator greed.

1

100% agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyK said:

This is insulting, Merry Christmas is offensive to me! I say Happy Holidays #SecularUSA

So true! You know, Christmas is really a holiday of unity as children of God, I agreed with you and @Patine on the same thread within 5 hrs.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyK said:

I was being sarcastic

Right I was agreeing that the PC and destruction of American Tradition must be stopped, the War on Christmas is alive and well, waged by both crony capitalists and by PC Liberals and Atheists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyK said:

Christmas is also a national holiday so even if you don't celebrate Christmas (Which is not very many people in the U.S.) you could still wish someone Merry Christmas. 

My point exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patine said:

Merry Christmas! I just wish I could escape the hard commercialism that now strongly surrounds Christmas in the Western World. Of all of the religions in history, only modern Western Christianity and Roman Polytheism at the height of the Empire ever allowed the holiest days on their calendar to become shameless baulderized carnivals of spectator greed.

“If we want to celebrate Christmas authentically, we need to contemplate this sign: the fragile simplicity of a small newborn, the meekness of where he lies, the tender affection of the swaddling clothes. God is there.
...
Jesus was born rejected by some and regarded by many others with indifference. Today also the same indifference can exist, when Christmas becomes a feast where the protagonists are ourselves, rather than Jesus; when the lights of commerce cast the light of God into the shadows; when we are concerned for gifts, but cold toward those who are marginalised. This worldliness has taken Christmas hostage. It needs to be freed.
...
Let us also allow ourselves to be challenged by the children of today’s world, who are not lying in a cot caressed with the affection of a mother and father, but rather suffer the squalid mangers that devour dignity: hiding underground to escape bombardment, on the pavements of a large city, at the bottom of a boat over-laden with immigrants.
...
Let us allow ourselves to be challenged by the children who are not allowed to be born, by those who cry because no one satiates their hunger, by those who do have not toys in their hands, but rather weapons."
- Pope Francis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

“If we want to celebrate Christmas authentically, we need to contemplate this sign: the fragile simplicity of a small newborn, the meekness of where he lies, the tender affection of the swaddling clothes. God is there.
...
Jesus was born rejected by some and regarded by many others with indifference. Today also the same indifference can exist, when Christmas becomes a feast where the protagonists are ourselves, rather than Jesus; when the lights of commerce cast the light of God into the shadows; when we are concerned for gifts, but cold toward those who are marginalised. This worldliness has taken Christmas hostage. It needs to be freed.
...
Let us also allow ourselves to be challenged by the children of today’s world, who are not lying in a cot caressed with the affection of a mother and father, but rather suffer the squalid mangers that devour dignity: hiding underground to escape bombardment, on the pavements of a large city, at the bottom of a boat over-laden with immigrants.
...
Let us allow ourselves to be challenged by the children who are not allowed to be born, by those who cry because no one satiates their hunger, by those who do have not toys in their hands, but rather weapons."
- Pope Francis

 

Pope Francis and eye have our disagreements on issues of the faith, but it's times like this that I know my Holy Roman Catholic Church is in good hands!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, Patine said:

Merry Christmas! I just wish I could escape the hard commercialism that now strongly surrounds Christmas in the Western World. Of all of the religions in history, only modern Western Christianity and Roman Polytheism at the height of the Empire ever allowed the holiest days on their calendar to become shameless baulderized carnivals of spectator greed.

 

Anyways, that being said, I hope you all enjoy your Christmas.

I agree.  While I hate people taking the name of Christ out of the holiday, it annoys me even more when it is just used as an advertising gimmick that means nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...