270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Election (v. 4.0) now up

@ThePotatoWalrus @Patine @Dallas @jvikings1 @Sanser2016 @Conservative Elector 2 @CalebsParadox @TheMiddlePolitical @Baathsalts @warren2016 @booth088 @michaelsdiamonds

I have uploaded version 4.0 to help fix the lopsides election results. Republicans should be somewhat less hammered in the primaries; additionally, I've taken into account the Trump effect, which means he gets a slight momentum boost on election day. To better take account of this, Democrats will get a slight negative momentum on election day. 

I have also set the budgets for each primary candidate. My earlier version had a few of the candidates with zero in their war chest. I don't know how I overlooked that. 

Please post comments and results. Now back to the 1960 election. 

Ok, here's my first simulation with the update. Trump was losing to Booker in the General Election, with Booker looking at 315 EVs. Two days before election day, it turned into a toss-up, with neither looking at a clear 270 EVs. Then this happened. So the game should be more balanced now. Posting your results will help me: 

resultv4.jpg

Big issues, unless it is intentional: Only 3 candidates on the Democrat side are on the ballots in the states. While Trump is the only candidate on the ballots. Also, not all candidates are appearing in the debates. I turned on Huntsman, and only he and Trump were in the debate: despite Cruz, Kasich and Paul polling higher and included.

UPDATE: I now see the candidates in question are "undecided". Sorry about this!

16 hours ago, michaelsdiamonds said:

I would consider adding Maggie Hassan as a potential leader/vice leader. I've seen lots of speculation about her, more than Grayson or Schultz.

loving the scenario though.

I'll definitely add more people as more speculation is made on who might enter the race. 

51 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'll definitely add more people as more speculation is made on who might enter the race. 

That's very good. Today I read about speculation of a Claire McCaskill run in 2020.

4 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

That's very good. Today I read about speculation of a Claire McCaskill run in 2020.

McCaskill one of the most loathsome Senators (Beating Sanders by a long mile)

6 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

McCaskill one of the most loathsome Senators (Beating Sanders by a long mile)

I don't agree with her, but I just found it interesting that she's considered to run. I never thought on that actually.

8 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I don't agree with her, but I just found it interesting that she's considered to run. I never thought on that actually.

Oh I'm not saying that to you, Moreso expressing my feelings if she did.

56 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh I'm not saying that to you, Moreso expressing my feelings if she did.

:D yeah no problem.

On 12/28/2016 at 0:36 AM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

She's gotta win in 2018 first, I have no idea why she's planning ahead of that. She's in real danger now lol