270soft Forum

2020 Election (v. 1.0) is now up!

vcczar

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I believe the Democrats gaining states fast is because of all of the negative Trump events.

I plan on him making some of that back up if he's the nominee again. He will be "I can be SO presidential" in the general election, and will basically say anything to get reelected. So I plan on him having more positive events to try and come back from behind, but it rests on Trump being renominated. Likewise, I'll have other specific events for if the other Republicans are nominated. 

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

By the way, did you get my response to your email?

Yeah. Cool idea for you scenario. I haven't had time to respond to it. 

Update: I'm now updating the scenario. If you hope to squeeze in any suggested changed or corrections, please get them in before tonight. Thanks. 

On 11/26/2016 at 4:59 PM, CalebsParadox said:

I would recommend strengthening Kasich/Hunstman much more in the Northeast, as it still tends to end up solidly in the other Republican candidates hands with the moderates still far beneath them. Also, I noticed that Warren(admittedly by only 3% to Gillibrand), Kasich (44% Trump to about 7% Kasich), Cruz(by about 12% to Rubio), and Rubio (lost to Martinez by about 3%) all lost their home states. 

The Republican convention was looking to be brokered, with Trump about 50 delegates shy of the nomination. However, apparently Graham had endorsed him earlier in the race and at the convention, Trump got those needed delegates easily. I was surprised about it, to be honest. (Corker vice president)

The Democratic convention was brokered. There was "main four" at prior to the convention who had amassed between 827 to 1044 delegates. In order of most delegates to least of these four, it was Warren, Brown, Booker, Harris. Harris was endorsed by Booker at the very end, and barely edged out Warren. She selected Nelson as her VP. 

Harris destroyed Trump in the general election, and carried the Midwest more or less. Maybe some general election boosting for Trump there? 

Regardless, it was fun to watch how things played out. I think that I'll try a playthrough as Kasich and see where it takes me! I'll attach a picture of the results from observing as well. I spectated with your Bloomberg party. (I don't know if he already is, but maybe you should remove his ballot access)

Untitled.png

I'm not quite sure how to make Republicans stronger in the Midwest. It's odd that the game routinely seems to give Dems TN or KY or both. Trump starts off with a huge advantage in those states. I think the CPU, for whatever reason focuses the Democrats in those spots, and the Republican CPU doesn't defend it. I wish there was a mechanism that could regulate the % better in the editor. For instance, making it where KY can't go more than 55% Democrat or more than 70% Republican, for instance. 

Okay, I've made most of the updates suggested on this thread for Version 2.0. However, before publishing it, I will see if anyone has any more suggestions.

Stein's VP is a Green Party candidate in his own right. I don't think the Green members suggested by @Patine are likely to run. I think it will be someone completely new that will be the nominee, but I can't even guess who that person might be. They need a former US Rep, Gov, Senator--someone with a national reputation. 

Likewise, the Libertarians are looking at a total collapse from their 2016 spike with a slew of candidates without any name recognition. Johnson and Weld won't be in the picture. Ventura might be, but I doubt he runs. What former US Rep, Gov or Sen might be the next Johnson or Weld? 

I've changed the primary and debate dates.

I've increased Trump's experience and issue knowledge to 4. 

I've increased Kasich's and Huntsman's numbers in New England

Events are still only to June, but I have Democratic events into December 2019. 

Obama now endorses early, rather than in the general election. Pence is no longer a Florida endorser. Bel Edwards and Bevin

I did some other things too but I forgot what they were. 

44 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Okay, I've made most of the updates suggested on this thread for Version 2.0. However, before publishing it, I will see if anyone has any more suggestions.

Stein's VP is a Green Party candidate in his own right. I don't think the Green members suggested by @Patine are likely to run. I think it will be someone completely new that will be the nominee, but I can't even guess who that person might be. They need a former US Rep, Gov, Senator--someone with a national reputation.

Likewise, the Libertarians are looking at a total collapse from their 2016 spike with a slew of candidates without any name recognition. Johnson and Weld won't be in the picture. Ventura might be, but I doubt he runs. What former US Rep, Gov or Sen might be the next Johnson or Weld?

I've changed the primary and debate dates.

I've increased Trump's experience and issue knowledge to 4.

I've increased Kasich's and Huntsman's numbers in New England

Events are still only to June, but I have Democratic events into December 2019.

Obama now endorses early, rather than in the general election. Pence is no longer a Florida endorser. Bel Edwards and Bevin

I did some other things too but I forgot what they were.

I'm not sure if Paul Rand would break with the GOP over Trump's divisive nomination in 2016 and his subsequent election and throw in his lot with the Libertarian Party, but, if any sitting Governor or Senator does, I think he'd be the most likely. Certain entrepeneurs from Silicone Valley also have some Libertarian tendencies, but they tend to mix classical Ayn Rand-style Libertarianism with some elements of Pirate Party philosophy, depending on which one you're referring to. Al Gore may have strong sympathies for Green causes, but he's practically a fossil himself in age now (campaigning against fossil fuel use). Maybe the Greens could try to tap Leonardo DiCaprio or Daryl Hannah as celebrity candidates, as those two are very activist in Green-oriented causes. Elon Musk is too, but he was born in South Africa.

On 11/28/2016 at 6:38 PM, vcczar said:

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. Currently, I have Warren and Brown mostly battling for the primary voters of Sanders. Booker, Harris and Gillibrand are going for Clinton's supporters. I'll probably diminish Brown, moving Warren to a clearer front-runner status. Heinrich is a hypothetical moderate Democrat, I'll probably reduce him, since the primaries are geared more to the base. 

Would you consider changing Heinrich and/or Grayson to off or at least undecided about jumping in? 

The reason I mention Grayson is that Schultz is more interesting as a candidate, and would likely take the spotlight. I can't see them both running at the same time, for the same reason I wouldn't be able to imagine Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren running in the same hypothetical race. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/4wxp2l/who_do_you_think_will_run_for_the_libertarian/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/4wuj28/looking_forward_to_2020/

I only have a moment to type this out, but looking at some social media, there are some names thrown out for the Libertarian nomination.

Current Libertarians being thrown out are Kokesh and McAfee, and Petersen, and Republicans being thrown around are Mike Lee and a surprising amount of support for Justin Amash. 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

@vcczar

Any thoughts on my suggestions?

I can't picture any of the candidates/celebrities that you mention as being possible enough for me to include. This would also include Paul as a Libertarian or Gore as a Green. I think there must be people like these people that could be involved. Are there any Billionaires with a Green Party philosophy? 

I'd like to see Dennis Kucinich run as Green, but I won't add him unless he's thinking about it. 

Archived