Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Election (v. 1.0) is now up!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Absolutely. His scenario is giving me a lot of inspiration for mine. Wonder if he'll use any of my maps. You're also free to use any in yours, if you're making any. Mine are pretty basic though.

I may use one of your maps if I can figure out how to use it and create regions for the new areas. I've never done that before. 

I still need to add general election events. The events are Republican heavy, since Trump is sort of fueling the events. I need to make some more Democrat events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Do you have any plans to craft the kind of narrative through events for the Democratic primary the same way you did for the Republicans? It's a lot more sandbox than the Republicans, and I've not seen someone get more than 1400 delegates. Maybe you could buff and hurt some the same way you did for Republicans, though to a lesser extent. 

Yeah, I plan too. One guy that downloaded the scenario thought I had too many events. I sort of prefer the events in large numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

Yeah, I plan too. One guy that downloaded the scenario thought I had too many events. I sort of prefer the events in large numbers. 

I agree with you 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I may use one of your maps if I can figure out how to use it and create regions for the new areas. I've never done that before. 

I still need to add general election events. The events are Republican heavy, since Trump is sort of fueling the events. I need to make some more Democrat events. 

Sure, it's super simple, I could help you.

And as far as events go, I've been keeping track since November 8th!

events.png

events.png

events.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sure, it's super simple, I could help you.

And as far as events go, I've been keeping track since November 8th!

events.png

events.png

events.png

That's cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Step 1. Import whichever map you want [Pic 1]
Step 2. Create new regions for the congressional districts [Pic 2-3]
Step 3. Fill in regions [Pic 4]
Step 4. Adjust populations and electoral votes.

42 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That's cool

Thank

regionhelp3.png

regionhelp1.png

regionhelp2.png

regionhelp4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a side note, Nebraska's 1st District is the most conservative voting Bloc in the country, whereas Omaha went Trump by 2.4%, and Maine's first district went Trump 10%+

I think Maine only went Hillary 3% statewide, though I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @ThePotatoWalrus

The earliest I'll get to using you map will be sometime after mid-December. I'll probably do my second release then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few comments on the scenario:

First there are some small details that you missed or just have not got around to doing which are; Joe Biden is still noted as being the current VP, Gov. Bevin, and Bel Edwards have late start dates which correspond when they started their terms in 2015 and 2016 respectively, Trump's endorsement should give a bigger momentum boost as should Sen. Sanders (he should be a national endorser), Hillary should also have a higher momentum boost with her endorsement.

Second the dates of the primaries, and the debates should be changed, makes me feel as if im still playing in 2016.

Third Trump and Hillary's poll numbers should be raised by at least a few more points (Trumps an incumbent, and Clinton is the former nominee)

Forth (and i believe you already addressed this) The scenario is heavily detailed on the Republican side but not the others.

I would like to note that i love this scenario and i will keep playing this one, but it has much more potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sanser2016 said:

A few comments on the scenario:

First there are some small details that you missed or just have not got around to doing which are; Joe Biden is still noted as being the current VP, Gov. Bevin, and Bel Edwards have late start dates which correspond when they started their terms in 2015 and 2016 respectively, Trump's endorsement should give a bigger momentum boost as should Sen. Sanders (he should be a national endorser), Hillary should also have a higher momentum boost with her endorsement.

Second the dates of the primaries, and the debates should be changed, makes me feel as if im still playing in 2016.

Third Trump and Hillary's poll numbers should be raised by at least a few more points (Trumps an incumbent, and Clinton is the former nominee)

Forth (and i believe you already addressed this) The scenario is heavily detailed on the Republican side but not the others.

I would like to note that i love this scenario and i will keep playing this one, but it has much more potential.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the scenario a lot and really appreciate where it's coming from, but I just do have a comment or two about the events. I feel there's too many and it hurts the realism of the sim. All of the stuff that happens wouldn't probably even happen over the course of four years, let alone like three months. 

 

Otherwise, the scenario is great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, warren2016 said:

I enjoy the scenario a lot and really appreciate where it's coming from, but I just do have a comment or two about the events. I feel there's too many and it hurts the realism of the sim. All of the stuff that happens wouldn't probably even happen over the course of four years, let alone like three months. 

 

Otherwise, the scenario is great!

Interesting. Most people seem to like all these events. I could space them out. I haven't added any scenarios for July through the election day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanser2016 said:

A few comments on the scenario:

First there are some small details that you missed or just have not got around to doing which are; Joe Biden is still noted as being the current VP, Gov. Bevin, and Bel Edwards have late start dates which correspond when they started their terms in 2015 and 2016 respectively, Trump's endorsement should give a bigger momentum boost as should Sen. Sanders (he should be a national endorser), Hillary should also have a higher momentum boost with her endorsement.

Second the dates of the primaries, and the debates should be changed, makes me feel as if im still playing in 2016.

Third Trump and Hillary's poll numbers should be raised by at least a few more points (Trumps an incumbent, and Clinton is the former nominee)

Forth (and i believe you already addressed this) The scenario is heavily detailed on the Republican side but not the others.

I would like to note that i love this scenario and i will keep playing this one, but it has much more potential.

I was thinking about changing the primaries, but have we received any information on how they might change? Otherwise, I don't feel I could really change the primaries. I think I'll have more debates, or at least, spread them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Election day needs to be changed from the 8th to the 3rd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, booth088 said:

Election day needs to be changed from the 8th to the 3rd. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I was thinking about changing the primaries, but have we received any information on how they might change? Otherwise, I don't feel I could really change the primaries. I think I'll have more debates, or at least, spread them out. 

At least just jumble some of the states up, I've noticed that since 2000/2004 the primaries have generally followed the same pattern. If changing the order/dates is not what you have in mind at least change the dates (Super Tuesday is on a Saturday) For my scenario I just guessed how they would have put the order following the pattern they use, my problem was changing the delegate numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with adding the congressional districts in the engine as it exists is that they have to be independent of each other.  For example, campaigning in ME2 not only affects ME2, but ME statewide as ME is half-ish of the ME electorate.  That would effect the 1 statewide EV.  I would say to probably leave that alone until there is a mechanism in the engine to accommodate NE & ME. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how my playthrough is going.

Amassed a huge war chest (I rarely have this much on hand, during the primaries anyway). Need to snag more delegates!

Screenshot_3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Here is how my playthrough is going.

Amassed a huge war chest (I rarely have this much on hand, during the primaries anyway). Need to snag more delegates!

Screenshot_3.png

I admit I hadn't heard of Kamala Harris. I had to look her up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When reworking the 2020 scenario on the Democratic primary, would you consider reworking the percentages to make a clear frontunner (or two). Right now it's kinda chaotic, but I'm assuming events will change that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how the general election is going: 

Republicans: Cruz/Corker

Democrats: Harris/Booker

Screenshot_4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, booth088 said:

The problem with adding the congressional districts in the engine as it exists is that they have to be independent of each other.  For example, campaigning in ME2 not only affects ME2, but ME statewide as ME is half-ish of the ME electorate.  That would effect the 1 statewide EV.  I would say to probably leave that alone until there is a mechanism in the engine to accommodate NE & ME. 

Thanks for letting me know this. Yeah, I'll just keep it the way I have it, as you suggest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalebsParadox said:

When reworking the 2020 scenario on the Democratic primary, would you consider reworking the percentages to make a clear frontunner (or two). Right now it's kinda chaotic, but I'm assuming events will change that. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. Currently, I have Warren and Brown mostly battling for the primary voters of Sanders. Booker, Harris and Gillibrand are going for Clinton's supporters. I'll probably diminish Brown, moving Warren to a clearer front-runner status. Heinrich is a hypothetical moderate Democrat, I'll probably reduce him, since the primaries are geared more to the base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The final result:

Screenshot_5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dallas said:

The final result:

Screenshot_5.png

It doesn't surprise me that a Democrat would crush Cruz, but I wish the result would have come out more accurately. TN and NE and ND would have definitely gone for Cruz. LA and MS would have most likely, even though the large African-American population of those states might tilt the state for Harris, if Cruz was unpopular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×