270soft Forum
Henry93

"A call to OS Function failed"

When I first downloaded the game I had no issues, but when I have used the last two updates the game has become unplayable.
After pressing just a few buttons in game whether in the game or in the editor I am given this message: "A call to OS Function failed"
Once the error pops up all text disappears from the game and the error message will pop up again if I click anything from then on.

I was really excited to play this game and have the features of the new update, but currently I can't even make a single move in game.

Running the most current version of the game as of 11/23/16, and using Windows XP.  Ive tried restarting my computer and running the game as an Administrator, which was mentioned in a past thread.

Any help is appreciated!

President Infinity does not support Windows xp. (Windows xp is no longer officially supported by Microsoft, either.)

Do you know what version number you were using before you upgrade?

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

President Infinity does not support Windows xp. (Windows xp is no longer officially supported by Microsoft, either.)

I don't know much about programming or how programs with OS', but it strikes me from just surface appearance that the TheorySpark games SHOULDN'T be much more memory, processing power, or other resources demanding, and even less graphics demanding, than another of my favourite TBS games I also post on forums for - Civilization 2, from the late '90's, which is also edited, in terms of it's scenarios, by editing text files and bitmaps, mostly, but it works just fine on Windows XP. What other factors are in play here for compatability, out of curiosity?

If you're playing the original Civ 2 from 1996, it's being run in a backward-compatible mode on xp. PI development is done with very recent cross-platform tools and other technologies.

On 11/23/2016 at 0:20 PM, admin_270 said:

I believe the last version I was using was 2.3.8. or 2.4.1