Jump to content
270soft Forum
servo75

President Trump's Cabinet

Recommended Posts

What do you think should be some of Trump's appointments?  I'll go first.  Keep in mind this is my personal wish list and I realize some of these are longshots.

  • Reince Priebus - Chief of Staff
  • Rudy Guiliani - Attorney General
  • John Bolton - Sec. of State
  • Dr. Ben Carson - Surgeon General or Sec. Health & Human Services / Obamacare transition
  • Gen. Michael Flynn - Defense
  • Sheriff David Clarke - Homeland Security
  • Newt Gingrich - ????????
  • Ted Cruz - Supreme Court
  • Carly Fiorina - Commerce
  • Dan Bongino - Veterans Affairs
  • Dr. Rand Paul - Treasury
  • Marco Rubio - Housing & Urban Development
  • Department of Education - N/A, it'll be gone soon :)
     
Edited by servo75
edited to reflect appointment of priebus as COS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, servo75 said:

What do you think should be some of Trump's appointments?  I'll go first.  Keep in mind this is my personal wish list and I realize some of these are longshots.

  • John Bolton - Sec. of State

Oh, please NOT John "trigger-happy, jump-the-gun, war-is-always-the-answer, where's the nuke codes" Bolton...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

Oh, please NOT John "trigger-happy, jump-the-gun, war-is-always-the-answer, where's the nuke codes" Bolton...

Where did he say anything to that effect?  I've heard him in many interviews and he seems like a smart rational person.  He's been very critical of Obama's weakening of the military and foreign policy.  But if you have some source that I don't, I'm all ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to need a time machine for 2020 as soon as possible. Aside from Ted Cruz- whom I politically disagree with- very few on that list are qualified for their post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attorney General: Trey Gowdy

State: Newt

Surgeon General or Sec. Health & Human Services: Ben Carson

Defense: Michael Flynn

Homeland Security: Michael McCaul

Finance: Carl Icahn

Commerce: Lewis Eisenberg

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus

Supreme Court: Mike Lee

Education: get rid of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Attorney General: Trey Gowdy

State: Newt

Surgeon General or Sec. Health & Human Services: Ben Carson

Defense: Michael Flynn

Homeland Security: Michael McCaul

Finance: Carl Icahn

Commerce: Lewis Eisenberg

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus

Supreme Court: Mike Lee

Education: get rid of it

Hmmm.. That's a nice list.  I admit I don't know who Michael McCaul is.  Gowdy is an interesting choice, I hadn't thought of him, I could definitely see that.  I heard someone on Breitbart News today suggesting Steven K. Bannon for head of the VA.  Newt as Sec of State?  Not a bad choice, I'm not sure that's his best fit.  I still think his best fit is somewhere in Justice or Homeland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main picks/predictions right now are Rudy Giuliani or Trey Gowdy for Attorney General, Stephen Bannon for Chief of Staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will support President Trump's cabinet 100 % from day one. The only problem is that we have too many good people for far too less offices. 

I read a report, that Kelly Ayotte isn't ruling out on serving in a Trump administration. Perhaps as Secretary of Defense the article said. That would be a huge pick and it shows the President's intention to unite the country very good I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I will support President Trump's cabinet 100 % from day one. The only problem is that we have too many good people for far too less offices. 

I read a report, that Kelly Ayotte isn't ruling out on serving in a Trump administration. Perhaps as Secretary of Defense the article said. That would be a huge pick and it shows the President's intention to unite the country very good I think.

I agree that Ayotte would be a smart pick as it would be seen as a mending of the wounds that the campaign caused.

16 hours ago, servo75 said:

Hmmm.. That's a nice list.  I admit I don't know who Michael McCaul is.  Gowdy is an interesting choice, I hadn't thought of him, I could definitely see that.  I heard someone on Breitbart News today suggesting Steven K. Bannon for head of the VA.  Newt as Sec of State?  Not a bad choice, I'm not sure that's his best fit.  I still think his best fit is somewhere in Justice or Homeland.

McCaul is someone who is listed as a potential pick for that position and works with the RNC.  I think Newt would make a great Secretary of State. He would be a good Chief of Staff, but I hope Priebus gets that position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2016/11/11/trump-team-discussing-ayotte-for-defense-secretary/

http://www.unionleader.com/Ayotte-doesnt-rule-out-serving-Trump-administration

20 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I agree that Ayotte would be a smart pick as it would be seen as a mending of the wounds that the campaign caused.

Definitely. Although it's sad that she lost the NH Senate race, it wouldn't at least trigger a special election. So that would be more than wise to nominate her. I have searched for the links I read, if you are interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2016/11/11/trump-team-discussing-ayotte-for-defense-secretary/

http://www.unionleader.com/Ayotte-doesnt-rule-out-serving-Trump-administration

Definitely. Although it's sad that she lost the NH Senate race, it wouldn't at least trigger a special election. So that would be more than wise to nominate her. I have searched for the links I read, if you are interested.

I'd be cautious about Ayotte.  She has shown already that she is perfectly willing to distance herself when things got too hot.  I don't question her loyalty, her values, and it's great to have a variety of opinions, but if you get someone like Ryan or Ayotte, what will happen when the Dems start lashing back and things get heated within the administration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RFK/JFKfan said:

Often cabinets are filled with technocratic nonentities. This one looks as if it will be mostly made up of well-known names.

I think I would prefer technocratic nonentities to those lists, above, myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have rather seen Bannon or Conway.  But this is one area where you should probably have an "insider."  So yeah good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, servo75 said:

I would have rather seen Bannon or Conway.  But this is one area where you should probably have an "insider."  So yeah good choice.

Well, I hope you're happy. He's now completely dropped the bomb by appointing Bannon - an unabashed racist, anti-Semite, and White Supremacist who runs a news site of mostly verifiably bogus "news" and unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, as well as being used as a shameless public platform for his bigotries - as his chief strategist, it's now apparent the moral bottom of the barrel isn't beneath his considerations for actual cabinet posts - or Supreme Court appointments... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, I hope you're happy. He's now completely dropped the bomb by appointing Bannon - an unabashed racist, anti-Semite, and White Supremacist who runs a news site of mostly verifiably bogus "news" and unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, as well as being used as a shameless public platform for his bigotries - as his chief strategist, it's now apparent the moral bottom of the barrel isn't beneath his considerations for actual cabinet posts - or Supreme Court appointments... :(

What evidence do you have that Bannon is an anti-semite or racist?  As for Breitbart, they're one of the few that got the election correct so if that's "bogus" news I don't know what your standards are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, servo75 said:

What evidence do you have that Bannon is an anti-semite or racist?  As for Breitbart, they're one of the few that got the election correct so if that's "bogus" news I don't know what your standards are.

There's actually a lot of quotes by Bannon out there. Why don't you try Googleing them. There's also anecdotal evidence. His ex-wife said Bannon wouldn't send their children to a specific school because "insert antisemitic rant that I'm not allowed to repeat in this forum" send their children there. Let us know if you google Bannon and anti-Semite and racist and not come back with anything convincing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, servo75 said:

What evidence do you have that Bannon is an anti-semite or racist?  As for Breitbart, they're one of the few that got the election correct so if that's "bogus" news I don't know what your standards are.

Also, successfully predicting ONE election doesn't make a newsite automatically reputable, reliable, or honest in their news coverage across the board. Many people who spew lies, biased and bigoted platforms, unfounded conspiracy theories, and misinformation OCCASSIONALLY get an "I told you so," moment. It doesn't negate the rest of their crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

There's actually a lot of quotes by Bannon out there. Why don't you try Googleing them. There's also anecdotal evidence. His ex-wife said Bannon wouldn't send their children to a specific school because "insert antisemitic rant that I'm not allowed to repeat in this forum" send their children there. Let us know if you google Bannon and anti-Semite and racist and not come back with anything convincing. 

That's not the way it works.  You made the accusation, you need to back it up.  I googled as you suggested, and all I get is thirdhand accusations from left-wing sites.  I have yet to find any hard quotes from Bannon that would prove your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Sessions nominated for Attorney-General. This cabinet and presidential staff is getting to be a real nightmare squad of regressives, profit-over-people thinkers, bigots, parochial thinkers, and backward-aiming-planners! It's not looking good at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Patine said:

Jeff Sessions nominated for Attorney-General. This cabinet and presidential staff is getting to be a real nightmare squad of regressives, profit-over-people thinkers, bigots, parochial thinkers, and backward-aiming-planners! It's not looking good at all...

At least it's diverse though.  He has old white men from all different parts of the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

That's not Trump's fault, the Republican party is not as diverse as the Democratic party.

Which is the REAL reason they always oppose civil rights and equality legislations and initiatives, not on any actual moral or economic grounds of any solidity. it's all about they're main electoral base... even if it means using underhanded, two-faced, and despicable means to justify depriving many demographics of their inherent rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

That's not Trump's fault, the Republican party is not as diverse as the Democratic party.

It may not be as diverse as the Democratic party, but there are still plenty of women and minorities he could appoint.  (And he does, admittedly, still have 95% of his cabinet to fill, but I don't imagine much diversity in his cabinet.)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patine said:

Jeff Sessions nominated for Attorney-General. This cabinet and presidential staff is getting to be a real nightmare squad of regressives, profit-over-people thinkers, bigots, parochial thinkers, and backward-aiming-planners! It's not looking good at all...

Why do people on the left resort to name-calling and sweeping generalizations like this?  Do you have any evidence to backup your accusations of "regressives", "profit-over-people" and others? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×