270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  

A New and Different Project

As I had said shortly after the US Presidential Results came in two days ago, I was going to begin a new scenario which did not at all tie directly to the US 2016 Presidential Election. I have decided to pursue the November 2015 Turkish Parliamentary Election, the second such election of that year. It pits the Neo-Ottomanist, Moderate Islamic, Pro-US and EU (while nonetheless developing more friction with Israel) and populist Justice and Development Party, headed in the Grand National Assembly itself by Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, but truly led and directed by popular and charismatic Turkish President Recip Tayyip Erdogan, against the Republican People's Party, the oldest extant party in Turkey and the foundational party of the post-WW1 Republic of Turkey, founded and led until his death by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the "Father of the Nation," and currently led by Kemal Kilicdaroglu, which currently sits as the main opposition party, as well as the far-right-wing Turkish nationalist and anti-Western Nationalist Movement Party under Devlet Bahcelli, the People's Democratic Party, a pro-Kurdish (and more recently, pro-other minority groups in Turkey) rights party that claims it has no affiliation with the militant Kurdish Worker's Party labeled as a terrorist group by Turkey, the US, the EU, Canada, and others led by the joint leadership of Selahattin Demirtas and Figen Yuksekdag, as well as a bunch of parties that, unless those four, didn't historically get seats in the Grand National Assembly, but some of which may be included for a possibility of doing so within a scenario. More will be posted when I have it.

Sounds great can't wait! you're one of my favorite scenario makers!

Current issues for this scenario are:

-European Union Application/Compliance

-NATO Membership

-Kurdish Rights/Status

-Secularism vs. Islamization

-United States

-Presidential Power

-Economy and Currency

-Ottoman Heritage/Legacy

Other ideas would be greatly appreciated.