270soft Forum
Patine

Two Questions About New CI Update

@admin_270

Does the recently released CI update the two updates I feel were among it's lacking points - the ability to form coalitions or joint caucuses between parties/independents/blocs, etc., and varying personal platforms of individual candidates that can vary from the base party platform?

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

No.

You continue to disappoint me and again. You eagerly adopt many ideas by other posters quickly and efficient, but leave my many good ideas (in my humble opinion) that I think would greatly enhance these games indefinitely fallow or without response or comment. Please be honest - are my many ideas I've proposed somehow unappealing, difficult in programing mechanics, or even somehow distasteful?

@Patine I feel like those are two great ideas. Espcially platform per canidate.

The ability to form coalitions is something that probably will be done - it's required for the Australian campaigns and relevant for British ones, for examples.

Varying platforms locally is a good idea, for example for Senate campaigns. The big problem is it will probably take significant time to implement.

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎09 at 8:55 PM, admin_270 said:

The ability to form coalitions is something that probably will be done - it's required for the Australian campaigns and relevant for British ones, for examples.

Varying platforms locally is a good idea, for example for Senate campaigns. The big problem is it will probably take significant time to implement.

So, any progress on CI scenarios with coalition/joint caucus options enabled being added to the possibly of fan-made scenarios? I literally have several good scenario ideas for CI waiting on that one feature to be given a serious go...

On 31/1/2017 at 6:32 PM, Patine said:

So, any progress on CI scenarios with coalition/joint caucus options enabled being added to the possibly of fan-made scenarios? I literally have several good scenario ideas for CI waiting on that one feature to be given a serious go...

I managed to make it by "programming" with notepad. In the folder ''relation''.

That an example :

<relation from="conservative" to="labour">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="liberal">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="national" coalition="true">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="green">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="liberal" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="national">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="green" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="national">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="green" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="national" to="green">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="national" to="independent">Normal</relation>

16 minutes ago, james_bond72 said:

I managed to make it by "programming" with notepad. In the folder ''relation''.

That an example :

<relation from="conservative" to="labour">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="liberal">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="national" coalition="true">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="green">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="conservative" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="liberal" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="national">Bad</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="green" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="labour" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="national">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="green" coalition="true">Good</relation>
        <relation from="liberal" to="independent">Normal</relation>
        <relation from="national" to="green">Very Bad</relation>
        <relation from="national" to="independent">Normal</relation>

Oh, well, this is very good news. I have many planned CI projects that need coalitions. Thanks for the break-through!

i have a quick question does this breakthrough also work for president infinity. I may need it for the NY elections because of cross-endorsements (thanks to the popular-vote and two-round features this can be implemented if this hack works in PI)

1 minute ago, republicaninnyc said:

i have a quick question does this breakthrough also work for president infinity. I may need it for the NY elections because of cross-endorsements (thanks to the popular-vote and two-round features this can be implemented if this hack works in PI)

I had a New York gubernatorial 2010 scenario project in the works that pretty much ground to a halt due to the inability to have cross-endorsement or reasonably simulate it.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

I had a New York gubernatorial 2010 scenario project in the works that pretty much ground to a halt due to the inability to have cross-endorsement or reasonably simulate it.

thanks to the new popular vote and two-round features that project can be finished.If you send me a link to the campaign i'll make the changes to enable cross-endorsement. just include all the parties with the nominees they chose including double nominees like the democrat for both working families and the actual democratic party

This was the list of parties and candidates (including hypothetical ones who never ran) I'd had in mind in the first post. I don't have my original start on it though, anymore. Those files were lost when my last laptop died (which is rare, because I back up religiously - they got the misfortune of being last updated just before the computer crashed.

ok the scenario should be ready for me to make the changes. message me the link and i'll make the changes and send the game that has cross-endorsement(simulated as accurately as possible) to you.

4 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

ok the scenario should be ready for me to make the changes. message me the link and i'll make the changes and send the game that has cross-endorsement(simulated as accurately as possible) to you.

I apologize. I was editing my message as you were typing. I regretfully no longer have the files. I have the list of candidates, a map (which I didn't make myself), and most (but not all) of the party logos, but not much else survived. :(

On 11/02/2017 at 11:17 AM, admin_270 said:

@Patine

Focus right now is on direct popular vote and two-round system. Coalitions are on the to-do, and the official Australia 2016 won't be complete until that's added.

It also won't be complete until Preferential voting has been added.

37 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

@Patine does the coalition hack work for PMI

I'm not yet sure. I'd forgotten to test that (I got distracted). I'll give it a test shortly, hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not yet sure. I'd forgotten to test that (I got distracted). I'll give it a test shortly, hopefully.

I just tested it and It does work except only the party in that coalition that's getting the most seats are the coalition numbers displayed for.