270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

Election Day Thread

BLUNT REELECTED IN MO!!!!

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

BLUNT REELECTED IN MO!!!!

That leaves NH for the Senate races.

PAT TOOMEY REELECTED IN PA!!!! 

MURKOWSKI REELECTED IN AK! 51-47 SENATE!! 2 SEATS LEFT!!!

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

AP has called PA for Trump which pretty much sows up his victory.

AP?

Fox still has him at a 1.3 point lead, but not the victor,

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

AP?

Fox still has him at a 1.3 point lead, but not the victor,

Nate Silver reported it.  The New York Times is confirming it.

Lets just hope that that is not just jumping the gun, I'll wait for FOX to call it, but this gives me hope.

With the LA runoff in December virtually GOP-assured we'll either have a 52 or 53 seat majority depending on NH.

Hello, everyone. It is now the 9th in my time zone. Has this fiasco and travesty of a US election that never should have happened this way going into the GE finished yet? Has the inevitable disappointment (inevitable because both plausible options are really no doubt to be a disappointment, at best case scenario, in the end) been decided yet?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Hello, everyone. It is now the 9th in my time zone. Has this fiasco and travesty of a US election that never should have happened this way going into the GE finished yet? Has the inevitable disappointment (inevitable because both plausible options are really no doubt to be a disappointment, at best case scenario, in the end) been decided yet?

nope

@Patine But it is heavily in Trump's favor.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Patine But it is heavily in Trump's favor.

I look forward to biggest wave of immigration from the US to here in Canada soon since the United Empire Loyalists moved here after the Treaty of Paris at the end of the American Revolutionary War in 1783. I already know several people I talk to online outside these forums who will probably be among them if Trump wins.

I look forward to biggest wave of immigration from the US to here in Canada soon since the United Empire Loyalists moved here after the Treaty of Paris at the end of the American Revolutionary War in 1783. I already know several people I talk to online outside these forums who will probably be among them if Trump wins.

That just means an easier electorate for the GOP:P

Just now, Patine said:

The immigration site for Canada crashed tonight because of so many people getting on it.

More too me :) 

Ayotte down by 325 votes!

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

AP is declaring Trump the winner in Maine's 2nd congressional district.

Fox is really slow when calling races.

What's most sad is the hoodwink behind this election as a whole. So many Americans are absolutely convinced, perhaps just by party labels alone, or they're actually convinced by the insincere flip-flopping and pandering, that Donald Trump is REALLY a conservative and Hillary Clinton is REALLY a liberal. It's apparent if you view it from a detached, unemotional, and rational point of view (one you don't find at rallies or on the campaign trail, as a rule) that BOTH of them are in fact lying, deceptive, manipulative, flip-flopping, fairweather-idealogues-of-convenience centrist "crooks" - much more in the mold of the infamous Richard Nixon. The wool has been pulled over so many people's eyes it's not even funny, and those who aren't convinced, and are vocal about it, are called traitors to their parties and disloyal to the nation...

Alright, it's 2:30 AM for me so I think I'll get some sleep and find out the make up of our new governments tomorrow morning.

11 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

AP has called Wisconsin putting Trump at 276 EVs and making him President Elect.

Well, if that is indeed over and done with, and the worst, most disappointing, and divisive election in the US with the two worst candidates with any chance of winning in my lifetime, and quite likely the worst since 1852, is over, it's a relief, and not because of the results, but because I've been bone-sick of this election for several months and it's finally over (unless a last-minute 2000-style situation draws out the agony), and we can go back to talking about TheorySpark games and election scenarios of a broader scope on these forums.