270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reagan04

Trump Approval Poll

Trump Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trump step aside as Mike Lee suggested?

2. 2. (TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY) If he doesn't as he probably won't, will you still support him?

Yesterday UT Sen.Mike Lee called for Trump's withdrawal ,with pressure mounting from the GOP, what will happen?

@Reagan04

Unless you want only Trump supporters for this entire poll, those not supporting Trump cannot answer question #1, since it requires us to answer all polling questions to submit. 

Ok sorry everyone answer.

I voted no simply because I believe the Republican party should live with the consequences of nominating him.

@Reagan04

If I were a Republican or even a major Republican politician, I'd have voted for Kasich in the primaries. I would have called for Trump to resign. Failing that, I would have led a Republicans for Johnson/Weld movement leading up to the election, and voted for Johnson. I'd then switch my allegiance to the Libertarian Party, even if it cost me my political career. I'd start a more progressive wing in this 3rd party, fiscally conservative, but socially liberal, including maintaining the most beneficial parts of government, but reigning in inefficiency and wasteful spending to a large degree.  

3 hours ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

Honestly at least he apologized and while what he said was disturbing/disgusting Hillary is 20x worse

There is an idiom I've heard many times (though it may be mostly found in British and Canadian circles, where I've mostly heard it by far), which is a comparison to be "as insincere as a politician's apology."